6 Things Guys Like in a Girl Besides Her Appearance

Political_dude

Looks do matter when you're attracted to someone. This is mytake explaining what makes girls more attractive except looks.

1. Femininity

6 Things Guys Like in a Girl besides Her Appearance

Femininity is the greatest asset of every girl. And it’s a trait that no masculine guy can resist. Contrary to the belief of many girls, don’t ever assume that displaying your femininity is a sign of weakness or the weaker sex. Feminine is beautiful and attractive. It isn't about oppressing women (like feminists suggest) but men generally find feminity attractive.

2. Intelligence

Intelligence can make anyone look more attractive. For many, Intellectual attraction is more important than physical attraction. It is only possible if the woman is smart enough. Not a scientist but not dumb either. You can find stats for respective question here (246 votes)

3. Self-esteem

self-esteem is MUST. not high af but not low as well. If you want to be loved, you should love yourself first. Good self-esteem can boost a woman's attractiveness like nothing else.

4. Healthy Glow

A healthy glow can make any woman look beautiful. It isn't about how you look but that face you get when you're happy. That's the most attractive face ever! A dull face can make a beautiful woman look unattractive. Take Emma Watson for example. She's one of the most beautiful women but yet she looks ugly without face glow.

The same thing can make porn star look unattractive. It is commonly believed that large number of sexual partners reduces the face glow hence makes you look unattractive

5. Sense of humor

Men love to make their special ones laugh! As like women find the sense of humor attractive, men do as well. We want a girl who laughs at our jokes and make us laugh back! It is a must have quality for a person like me but its intensity can differ as per the person

6. A group of girls

Last one but the scientific one. It is scientifically proven fact that women in a group look more attractive than alone. This effect is also known as "Cheerleader Effect". You can find Scientific American's article here.

It states that "Research shows that individual faces appear more attractive when presented in a group than when presented alone"

27
53

Most Helpful Guy

• monkeynutts
    1. Wit, when ladies have a comprehensive understanding of satire, and what's comical they make me laugh my tits of.
    2. compliance with my own mad or twisted sense of humour. My girlfriend once gave me a oyster at the dinner table, I stared at it, pocked it a bit, then refused to eat it, and told her top put six of them in her mouth and gargle them to infront of me with an open mouth. She did not hesitate and after bursting out in laughter I reached over the table and pashed her with a mouthful of when she had a mouthful of chewed up oysters. 3. zero tolerance for mine or any other guys bullshit. Weak minded people are boring, and I love watching women ripe the arsewhole out of another man, because he is a twit. 4. being reasonable, girls who have a basic understanding of ethics are very easy to love, and get along with. 5. tenacity a never give up attitude is very sex. 6. maternal instincts. There is something about a woman who cares about others and is hospitable above and beyond the call of Duty. There is no reason that a woman has to be nice to me, but I really appreciate it when they do.
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• Plumy
    I like, but #4 is controversial and #6 I don't understand
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

2652
  • Logorithim
    The support she gives you- as an advisor with your best interests at heart, is also important. She sees things you don't, keeps you focused, and doesn't let you give up when you're frustrated.
  • ManwithaConran
    The Cheerleader Effect... is that an American thing? I'm UK born and bred; f I (or my mates) see a crowd of women we see a crowd of women, and (here at least) you need to put a crash helmet on before you dare invade a girl group's space. So generally speaking, we move as far away as possible.
    • No. It's common for everyone. I just used that website as source as it sounds creaditable

• bente2
    “Things I like to see in a girl but i’m generalizing it so people will click on it”
    • Although a sense of humor and intelligence are valued by almost everyone.

• bente2

@Intraluminal ya but I value that in any person, and I’m guessing so do a lot of people.

• @bente2 why do you hate me so much?

• Immortal_God_King
    Man, that's a lot of words for "be pleasant, loyal and not fat." And no, not being fat is not just about appearance. There's a reason humans evolved a natural revulsion to it; it's the single most obvious marker of poor health and higher likelihood to produce inferior offspring.
    • Actually, until recently, the past 100 years or less, fat was considered good and thin was bad.

• @Intraluminal That's not how you spell, "ridiculous propaganda that's been pushed by feminists."

• lilaqua
    Femininity? I'm still confused about what that actually constitutes.

"It is commonly believed that large number of sexual partners reduces the face glow hence makes you look unattractive" - just stop.
    • Langseax

I would think femininity sort of entails not trying to act like a man (i. e. the feminist notion of "strong independent women"). Men actually do find a woman who would be *somewhat* reliant on the man to be attractive, despite it perhaps being more work for the man.
      On the sexual partners thing, I would think that could in part be linked to the trying to act masculine thing. It is a typically more masculine trait to go actively seeking sex (I'm not saying it's a good trait) to try and spread genes farther. Women, through nature, had to be more conservative because an unwanted pregnancy without a provider can be extremely damaging. Nowadays because of contraception that's less of an issue, but it still rings true as a trait which men find more attractive in finding a partner who'll last longer than just some cheap sex. Honestly both men and women would be better off with a little more abstinence.

• lilaqua

@Langseax Soooo... boring. And this is why i'm single.

• YourFutureEx
    "It is commonly believed that large number of sexual partners reduces the face glow hence makes you look unattractive"

Disagree

www.mindbodygreen.com/.../...es-you-beautiful.html

Although, I'm considering 'large number of sexual partners = large number of sex'

And [IMO] cheerleader effect works only in a group of 'attractive people'. If you're a 6/10, in a group of attractive people like 9s & 10s/10s, you'll look like an 8/10. But the downside is that you'll be the last choice because of the contradistinction.

But overall, very good take.
  • michellebrown48
    hm interesting. and you're an influencer now congrats! lols
  • SebShaw82
    I think #4 is really harsh. A lack of "face glow" won't make a woman ugly.
    Decree it as "scientifically proven fact" but #6 is a load of crap to me. I'd rather focus on one woman alone than one woman in a group of women. Being in a group won't make a turd look like a rose.
  • Katherine1105
    Don't some guys prefer girls to be alone because it's easier to talk to them that way?
    • Yes they do. But this take is about what makes girl attractive and being in a group does that

• I totally agree, and I have already shared these things with my best friends. Thank you!

• MysteriousDarkness
    @Political_dude

1. What do you consider feminine? What do you mean by not acting like a man?
    2. Intelligent in what way or ways?
    3. That is good to a point.
    4. Happy glow is a good thing. If you are with a woman long enough you will see the so called dull face.
    5. Another good thing.
    6. Are you saying unless a woman is in a group she is not good looking.
  • aikonwin
    Yes i like intelligent girls with self respect and respect for others, i dont know about facial glow but i love all porn actresses and hardly notice them above their neck line lol😂 and for me facial beauty is secondary but primary quality is a girl should be understanding, loyal, be kind, loving and caring. Agreeing with #5 guys like girls with a good sense of humour.
  • zzzondarrr
    Self esteem is really not that important in my opinion, much more important is modesty.

And 6 is a complete BS. Yeah, whenever you can't base something on facts otherwise, it's simply "scientifically proven", lol.

In my opinion the most important thing, again missing here on this list, is being pure and innocent...
  • CubsterShura
    You forgot going with the flow. No one likes a girl who is different from everyone else.
    • That's not true

• I am a living and breathing example.

• Langseax

Well it depends on how "everyone else" acts. Sometimes it could be good to be unique, sometimes not.

• Isaack
    Not so sure about the group effect or the "glow," but humor, intelligence, and femininity are definitely what I'm looking for.
  • bubble_tea
    Nice list! But uhh.. 6 never worked for me. I think I was approached more often when I was alone than with girls. Maybe the men here are just more shy?
    • UnaKaizen

not as a 'tactic'. just as visual appeal. appearing attractive not being approachable. like he could notice you in a group then approach when alone. my guess.

• lotusfly

Unless the guy is super confident or has some buddies with him, he's probably less likely to approach a girl when she's in the middle of a group unless he sees an in, that's for sure. I wouldn't really agree with #6 even being "something a guy likes in a girl" in general anyways. It could refer to her having friends, which I guess is probably a good thing, but unlikely.

• bubble_tea

@UnaKaizen This makes more sense. Thanks.

• Being_a_good_Indian
    Thanks for sharing. Great Job Bro.
  • levantine99
    positive vibe and common goals are a big one. for both genders
  • Browneye57
    Ah, well, you missed #1 - her level of attraction and desire for you. That's the most important. Everything else is secondary. :)
  • SirRexington
    I love tomboys. So the whole feminine thing is unimportant to me. Though I don't mind a little bit of femininity here and there.
  • Comesaveme
    Great take, I'll be using these for when I start college soon.
  • taleswapper
    You left out what I consider to be one of the most important; joi de vivre. A love of life, and an enthusiasm for it.
  • Charleslvajr
    The cheerleader effect is quite real. People I couldn't stand to look at look quite sexy when put in a group.
  • PinkandSparkles
    I think I fit most of those categories except the group thing not sure about it.
  • bellybuttonlint
    Intelligence is so important. I cannot date a ditzy girl.
  • SuperNovaRoyalty
    What counts as feminine though? I can be pretty aggressive and overcompetitive sometimes haha
    • Langseax

Not acting like a man I guess. Men do find women who don't try to be "strong independent women" (i. e. a pseudo-man) to be attractive - not necessarily more so, but it can be contributive.

• @Langseax I feel like I don't necessarily act like a man but I can act tough at times but I make up for it
      and somebody still does like me soooo it does mean there are guys who don't find femininity to be that attractive... right?

• @Langseax Quite the contrary for me. I don't like someone too dependent.

• zagor
    I have to disagree with 6. Nothing puts me off a dating site profile more than most of the pictures being group shots.
  • TacosRAwesome
    Agree with all apart from the last one. I shine more by myself than with others..
  • AlwaysBelieving
    #2 and #5 are a must for me. I'd get bored if I couldn't have good conversation with a gal.
  • CallsOutHypocrites
    I definitely don't agree with the cheerleader effect. Being among others won't make a nottie turn into a hottie.
  • LegateLanius
    I like tomboys and girly girls. I say that the first one is rather irrelevant as well as the last.
  • Tomsta
    Didn't think the "Cheerleader effect" was a real thing thought it was made up in HIMYM
    • VaIiant

Bahahaha, same😂😂
      “That one looks kind of cute though...” -Marshall.

I said a bang, bang, bangity bang, bang bang bangity bang

• Tomsta

@VaIiant "Hypothetical High Five" ... "Nice!"

• VaIiant

It makes me so happy to find someone on here who has seen arguably the best show of our time...
      Can’t believe they took that perfection off of Netflix..

• Kulen
    1) funny
    2) smart
    3) cute

in that order please
  • NitroCat
    To me, it's friendship. I like a girl who gives friendship and companionship.
  • AlexBlade
    true but the most important thing is how they live together...
  • Jude_Wills
    Agreed with all points except last one. I hardly approach women in group
  • BellaIsQueen
    Cool myTake!😎
  • Razal
    Nice take nice points. I would agree to most of these.
  • Dave122008
    LOL I thought 6 was just a joke from HIMYM! But sense of humor is a big one.
  • LifeEqualsLove
    The last one is true I've realized.
  • UnaKaizen
    must be more than just 6...
  • CT_CD
    I agree
  • disgustingweebtrash
    Interesting myTake
  • beebella
    No wonder guys don't like me. 😐
  • omgjassy
    Interesting
  • Deathraider
    Definitely intelligence.
    • Depends on how you define feminine.

I think I also like a natural curiosity and a willingness to listen to my long lectures on particle physics.

• RedRobin
    Nice take
  • micheal727jovanie
    Great take
  • ArabianPwincess197
    Interesting Take
  • jacquesvol
    Good take!
  • Iron_Man
    Interesting thread