14 Traits Men Find Attractive In Women

14 Traits Men Find Attractive In Women

So, I was asked to do a list of things that guys find attractive in girls. I had to sit back and give this some thought. Things I find attractive in a girl some guys don’t, or might not even think of. I didn’t want to concentrate on physical traits like beauty, how she dresses, or the classic breast size.

While we can agree that some physical attraction has to be present, the real question is what traits really hook a guy? When asked what she is like, he is at a loss for words to describe her?

Do you ever wonder how it is some girls can catch a guy’s attention no matter where she is? For some girls, these traits are natural to their personality. For others, they are learned over time.

My list is extensive, but I narrowed it down to what I believe is almost universal. Just to answer the question, yes. I do have a written list of what I look for in a girl. I have my version of a perfect 10 clearly defined. Some may find that creepy, or weird, but for me I know exactly what I’m looking for. It’s true no person will have every single trait, but they can get close enough.

So, with that let’s take a look at these in no particular order.

She Is Able To Say What She Means.
She Is Able To Say What She Means.

Confidence -

Just like girls like a guy with confidence, guys want a confident woman. Guys don’t want a meek little mouse who talks in a whisper or hides under 8 layers of clothing. They want a girl who will talk confidently and walk upright. She can say what she means without sugar coating it. She will help a guy understand his mistakes. I rather a bullet to the head than five to the chest because she tried to spare my feelings.

She Can Border On Reckless To See What Life Has To Offer.

Adventurous -

A girl who is uptight and timid might be a challenge to some guys. But, for most it’s exhausting to try to get her to open up. We want a girl who lets her hair down and has fun. Now and then we want the girl to be able to say “Fuck what the world thinks, I’m going to do I want.” She can border on the reckless to see what life has to offer.

She Can Create Magic Wherever She Is At.

High Energy -

This on my list because most girls my own age do not have this. This trait dove tails with an adventurous side already mentioned. When a girl shows she has a childish streak and can get excited about small things, or grabs hold of him at a scary movie is endearing and lovable. This is the girl who walks into a club and wants to dance and mingle, not fade into a corner and sip a mojito. A high energy girl can create the magic wherever she is at.

Intelligence Is An Attractive Quality.
Intelligence Is An Attractive Quality.

Intelligence -

A girl who dumbs herself down is a deal breaker for me. I don’t go out with stupid people. You’re smart, show it off. Teach me something I don’t know, improve my life. A man of value will not be intimidated by how smart you are.

She Has Boundaries.
She Has Boundaries.

Respect For Yourself -

This one is a bit hard to describe. The general concept is you have a set of boundaries for yourself. You will not let a guy treat you like a doormat. Constant compromises are a weak trait. I prefer a girl who can put her foot down and say no. Someone who has standards is someone whom I can take seriously.

She Doesn't Reveal Everything At Once.
She Doesn't Reveal Everything At Once.

Mysteriousness -

Just like as girls like a mysterious guy, the trait works in reverse. It’s this trait that helps with the chase we all play. You want to reveal a little bit about yourself each time you meet. Don’t show everything all at once to try to impress me. Simply put, I don’t want to read her like a romance novel where I know what’s coming in the next chapter.

She Isn't Afraid To Laugh, Or Play Along With Silly Games.

Humor -

Yes, guys like a girl with a sense of humor. For me, her humor has to align with my own. However, the concept is that she isn’t afraid to laugh and play along with silly games. It’s a little bit of that childish streak mixed with some flirty behavior.

She Let's Me Know That She Chooses Me.
She Let's Me Know That She Chooses Me.

Flirty Touching -

This is my personal favorite. When the relationship is moving along she isn’t shy of letting me know she is into me, wherever we are. She’ll cling to my arm while walking, she’ll slide up behind me and wrap her arms around me, or just give me flirty shoulder nudge. She’s a fun, alluring, sexy talker, and can seduce me without making her intentions obvious. She can get any guy hard without touching him. It’s the ultimate power play in my list where she is telling me, and the world, “I choose you.”

She's The Slight Misfit That Everyone Else Wants To Be Like.

Calmness -

Drama happens. We get that. It’s fun to watch on TV, but we don’t want it in our lives everyday. The gossip, emotional conversations over who said what, and impulsive decisions are exhausting. A girl who is calm and relaxed while being able to navigate trouble is more attractive. The basic concept here is that she doesn’t need to conform to the whims of the crowd. She’s the slight misfit that everyone else wants to be like.

She Has A Passion For Something More.
She Has A Passion For Something More.

Passion -

This isn’t the romantic passion. This is the passion she has for her career, a worthy cause, or a hobby. It shows me she wants something more out of life. It shows me she is driven to work for a goal and hasn’t just settled for whatever landed in her path.

She Can Make A Decision.
She Can Make A Decision.

Decisive -

Yes, women like men to be decisive. However, we also value your input and tire of always having to plan things out. When we ask which store is better and we get “Whatever you feel is best” or “I don’t care, you decide” isn’t actually helpful. We want a partner in our life, not arm candy.

She's Comfortable In Her Own Body.
She's Comfortable In Her Own Body.

Comfortable With Her Beauty -

I got this when I was photographer. Some may think this is the same as confidence, it’s not. Body issues almost require a separate category. I’ve met women who will not, do not, cannot see themselves as beautiful. When they look at themselves in the mirror, they highly exaggerate what they see as flaws. Looks do play a role, but it’s not as important as being comfortable in your own body. When she has this trait, the next trait becomes even better.

She Views Sex As A Natural Thing Between Men And Women.

Uninhibited About Sex -

A woman who can openly admit she enjoys sex and views it as a natural thing between a man and woman. She knows what she likes and is willing to explore new things with her partner. She isn’t prudish. She is willing to experiment and try, or suggest, something new to keep things exciting.

She Doesn't Need Prince Charming To Save Her.

Independently Happy -

This is the top of my list. A woman who is happy with herself and life. She simply radiates gladness and joy and brings a smile to my face whenever I think of her. A woman who accepts and loves herself and has more good days than bad. It’s the single most attractive quality she can possibly possess. She doesn’t need a man to complete her. He just enhances her life by letting her share her journey with someone. This is the girl who doesn’t wait for prince charming to walk in and fix her problems. She goes into the world, and fixes what she wants.

So, there you have it ladies. The list of non-physical traits that I find is most universal that guys find attractive in girls.

2721

Most Helpful Girls

• This is an excellent take! And I'm happy it focused more on personality and it is really well written in my opinion

• Thank you. I see so much stuff on the physical traits, but hardly anything on personality. Physical is okay, but we stay with someone because of personality. So, why don't we talk more about that? That's what most of the questions on here are about. So, that's why I wrote it.
      Glad you liked it.

Most Helpful Guys

• This absolutely kicks arse. One of the best Takes I've ever seen on G@G.

I'd make this compulsory reading before people could sign up for an account, if I could. Absolutely spot on.

• Pretty accurate, personality, chatacter, morals, outgoing, adventurous and likes to have fun, nice attitude, respectful, happy

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 25

• All men love to be a hero. Like damsels in distress. Nice take well done

• Well, I'm not confident, I'm adventurous, very low energy, dumb, i have humor (if you like dead baby jokes :p), not flirty, not calm, I'm passionate for Marilyn Manson and the goth lifestyle, decisive, I'm ugly, uninhibited about sex, and depressed as fuck
    xx
    ~ Mrs Manson

• Good to know I have the traits men like in women 😂

• Most girls would say that. Most high maintainace women think they are quite reasonable. Not saying you don't have these traits but someone else has to say that about you in order for your statement to be valid

• Yep. I tend to remember names of those who give interesting opinions. We sometimes cross paths on questions. Some of your responses show your personality, which is how I remember you.

• CAn agreee, @VixenRach has traits that are attractive.

• Eh some of them I have and others I don't- work in progress

• I loved this mytake! Talk about making women feel good about themselves and self-improvement. Love it.

• hmm, interesting... im sure there are others that belong on this list

• It's a great take, really enjoyed reading it, I appreciate the time and thought you put into this!

• Thank you.
      It took a while as I normally don't write introspectively. Hope it helps, or at least gave some perspective.

• I like to read it.
      Beyond looks and physical traits is always more interesting. We can't change how we look. We can change how we act.

• Amen to that! But yeah totally agreed

• You're actually pretty accurate. Well done, well done

• Sucks I only have 3/14 of these traits

• Ah, don't sell yourself short. The others are there, you just need to find a way to show them.

• Wow there's a lot of things to work on then 😂

• Nah, just pick one. Get good at that, then do the next. It'll all come together.

• Nice take

• Great take!

• Nice, luckily, I have all of those traits :D

• Excellent. Just know that lots of guys tend to be intimidated by girls that have all the traits. Be gentle with them, they're trying. 😩

• I know ;)

• 👍🏼👍🏼

• I enjoyed reading this :D

• Nice Take!

• Okidoke

• Nice take

• Thanks for writing it, I enjoyed the take.

• Great take

• More from Girls
    5

What Guys Said 19

• Great list. I'd add caring, too.

• The openness about sex thing really turns me off. Just saying. It usually means she is slutty in my experiences. And I am not interested in that at all.

I like a shy girls who can come out of her shell when she chooses to. I believe you can be bubbly and shy around the same time

• It not about being actually open. It's about her recognizing sex as natural thing and being able to admit she likes it. Even a shy girl who isn't openly flirtatious can admit to enjoying sex.

• Everyone enjoys sex. And sex is natural, its a beautiful and wonderful thing. In the right context and scenario.

• Yeah, I probably could have described the concept better.

• Sort of yes, sort of no, sort of definitely not.
    I kind of have to force certain interpretations of this to make it work for me.

This makes me question the other one you did tbh. I'm wondering if half the stuff you said about what girls like is baloney too.

• Yeah cool, I like to leave most if her personality to learning, I start with if she likes me, what she likes, what she wants of a man, how can I fit into her life so I make her life even better. give a little and get more back, being humble is practical, that way if she is half way to what you want, she could be encouraged to experiment, come out of her shell be more confident.

• Pretty accurate. I personally love calm, and quiet ones. Mysterious too. Big turn on's lol

• Anyone who loves sex is a thot. You can enjoy it, but if you're too enthusiastic about it you're a thot through and through

• I can see how this can apply to any man, but for me, I only need
    Comfortable With Her Beauty -
    Uninhibited About Sex -
    Respect For Yourself -

• I definitely agree with the confidence bit. Nothing grabs my attention or turns me on quicker.

• Yeah, that's a big one for me as well. First thing I notice, the rest fall into place quickly after.

• Good list here :)

• Interesting MyTake

• 100%

• I agree with most of them.

• Ya, I agree with at least most of those.

• Thanks for sharing

• l love your take thanks

• I agree with those traits.

• Some stuff yes, some stuff maybe. I can read this and say I am generally neutral about it.

• Totally agree

• You probably should have titled this '14 Traits that I Find Attractive In Women'. I disagree with some of these.