Good Questions to ask Guys and Girls on a First Date

Good questions to ask guys and girls on a first date

Here is part two from the popular My Take I wrote, Questionso to Ask to Deeply Understand Someone. This one will be a bit more light and fun. Part two I based around dating and gender. So here is 20 Good Questions for a First Date.

To Ask a Guy

1. What is your favorite sport to watch and who is your favorite player in it?

2. How have you accomplished all this already in life?

3. Do you understand how amazing you are?

4. What kind of woman do you like?

5. Your a catch so why are you still single?

6. Could you give me advice about (...)?

7. What are your biggest pet peeves?

8. Do you feel respected enough by others?

9. Are you close to your mom?

10. Where did you grow up at?

To Ask a girl

1. Don't you get complimented all the time or hit on?

2. Do you realize your both beautiful and sweet?

3. Are you close to your dad?

4. What's your favorite movie?

5. Is it weird that I thought of you a lot today?

6. Where did you grow up at?

7. What kind of guy do you like?

8. What's your biggest fear?

9. Could you please give me advice about (...)?

10. You are so great, how are you still single?

Thanks,

--WoWgirl10q--

824
Wowgirl10q is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Influencers?

Most Helpful Guys

• Pretty good article, good questions to ask

Most Helpful Girls

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 22

• I think the ones for guys are very good, but some of those questions are ones I would never ask a girl on a date (maybe that is just me, though).

Thanks for putting these lists together.

• I certainly hope this is a joke. If not, I have to disagree with most of the questions given. One, maybe two, would I ever ask.

Some of these questions are asking faults. Others are what I call interrogation type.

On a first date the questions asked should be fun, light hearted, lend to conversation, and give a sense of who the other person is.

A question I just asked the girl I'm talking to:
    "If you woke up 100 years from now after being frozen, what would your first question be?"
    It's a fun question, really nothing more. But, it can spur conversation and imagination.

One she asked me a while back:
    "If you had to watch one movie for the rest of your life, which one would it be?"
    Again, a fun question. On the surface most people would miss the underlying reveal. Given the answer you can see generally what the person likes in their life. Action, adventure, drama, or romance. Further talking on the topic gives more details as to why they like the story so much. This question also goes much further than "What's your favorite movie?" Which is an interrogation phrased question.

Asking why someone is still single is like asking "What's wrong with you that others are rejecting you?"

Asking "If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?" is much more revealing than "Where did you grow up?" Me, I grew up all over the place. 4 countries, and 8 states (no lie). What if where they grew up brings bad memories? That's a date killer.

That's my opinion on these first date questions that were suggested. I just wouldn't. I would suggest looking to questions that reveal character, and personality. Keep it light hearted, and make them something conversational that both of you are comfortable answering.

• If I was that girl and you asked me that question I would laugh because it’s so stupid and quite obvious what anyone would say. It’s not like you’re going to ask who won the super bowl last year or something so random.

• These questions are fine, but honestly dare I add that some of these questions could make it really awkward between the both of you. Stuff like " how are you still single" is a great compliment, but I wouldn't ask this as a question to get a response. Same goes for "do you get complimented a lot or get hit on", like these things are great when you combine them with other things and say them as compliments, but as genuine questions these will likely make it really awkward.

• the questions for guys are good but I just wanna point out that not every guy is crazed about sports. I am a guy and to be honest I don't enjoy sports at all.
    #5 to ask girls seems a little creepy and I would probably never say that on a 1st date. Maybe a 2nd date but def not a 1st. Also to me makes someone sound desperate if said on a 1st date.

• What kind of guy/girl you like, and why are you still single (especially asking why are you still single) are dumb questions to ask. Single people are tired of being asked that question why are you single, why aren't you married. It's like fuck off, none of your goddamn business.

• I think some for the guys wouldn't work. Like #1. I don't watch sports so how would I know my favorite player? lol. What does being close to my mom have to do with anything? Why would a woman on a date ask her date what kind of woman he likes? She going to change for him to be what he likes?
    As for the questions to her, what would it matter if she's close to her dad?

I'm not trying to put this down, I would like to understand why these questions. Beautiful pics by the way.

• I would say the mom question is because, it's said men who are good to their mother will be the same with the woman he's with. So, I assume that's why she put that. For the dad question, it's said women who don't have a father figure in their life are said to seek that else where. So, I assume that's why she put that. Now, this is just what I think not what I know.

• @loveisbeautiful So true. Regular conversation is the best. These questions might get answered during the conversation without even asking them.

• though i like these questions but girls over think these questions and feel they are creepy, awkward, or not good enough.

i would usually pick a big topic as what connects us in the first place and qualify her.

say if ask her about her hobbies, talents or what ever before hand, our conversation would be about our interest in the same thing but when its time to change the subject i will move on to what makes her so special to me. or what makes a girlfriend material to me.
    "what meals gives you the most difficult time?"
    " how often do you write or draw, what they be about?"
    " what part in your life would want to see as a movie?"

least to say im into movies and cooking so i qualify if she's into it. if she say she dont cook or she dont know or she dont draw. we have some serious issues as i can move on to the next but those are bare minimum requirements to least have something in common with.

• With all the recent sex changes my first question is always "Have you now or ever had a penis?"

• 1. Do you like broccoli?

2. Why/why not?

3. If your answer to question 1 is yes, do you prefer tender stem broccoli or the big hunk o' junk broccoli?

4. If your answer to question 1 is yes, what is your favourite meal to have broccoli in?

5. Regardless of whether you like broccoli, do you wish you could have hair like broccoli?

6. If your answer to question 6 is yes, would you want your broccoli hair to be broccoli coloured too? If so would it be green or purple?

This line of questioning becomes obsolete if the answer to question 1 is no.

• Overall a really good list. For me, I would never ask Girls #2 because from me it would sound too manipulative on a first date.

• Great take, for girls , you can tell her she looks like a strawberry , both sweet and beautiful

• 1. I don't like sports.
    2. Yes.
    3. Yes.
    4. The one who is real and not just my imagination.
    5. I don't put too much effort in this as of yet.
    6. Yes.
    7. Dogs, cats, rabbits, grammatical error, factual errors, wearing anything else besides my selection of clothes, and anyone messing with my schedule.
    8. Yes.
    9. Sigmund Freud once said "The sexual wishes in regard to the mother become more intense and the father is perceived as an obstacle to the; this gives rise to the Oedipus complex." I do not have an Oedipus complex.
    10. In the US.

• What's your name?

• What's with all the pictures jeeeez.

• Quite a few of those would make me feel awkward.

• More like

1. Let's fuck
    2. Here's my address

• Anyone reading this, don't listen to her. Please

• Interesting Take

• Do you fuck?

• 11. When I come in your mouth at the end of this date, will you spit or swallow?

• Most of those are awkward questions, going both ways. I think it wouldn't be great to ask this stuff.

• Hi, nice to meet you. Please rate your level of crazy on a scale from 1-10 :)

What Girls Said 6

• I don’t know if I’d ask these on a first date... I’m too nervous to even think straight so the chances of me remembering the answers to these is limited unless I’m already comfortable with the person.

• I’d rather be asked what annoys me and if I feel respected, than what my favorite movie is and my biggest fears are 😉

But I think all if those can be Asked to both and maybe a few less questions indicating how horny everyone is 😁😊❤️

• Oh I love the ones "what to ask a girl". I'd love to hear those on a date haha.

And thank you for this tips on what to ask a guy!

• Why are you always posting those weird photos?

• Where do u see yourself in 5 years

• Is this an interview?
    Definitely avoid questions 5 (for guys) and 1,2,5 and 10 (for girls)
    They sound cheesy and can make someone feel very awkward for a first date