16 Questions To Ask On A First Date!

16 Questions To Ask On A First Date!

I AM NOT INTO DATING...BUT who said I can't give advice?

The awkward lack of discussion on dates happens even to the most seasoned of couples. Don’t feel insecure if it’s happening on your first date! There’s only so many things you can say, and sometimes nerves keep even those from coming to mind. Luckily we’ve discovered 16 interesting conversation starters to keep your dialogue going. Try memorizing a couple and keeping them in your back pocket… You never know when you’re going to need one!

1. What are you reading/watching right now?
A nice neutral topic, this gets the conversation focused on their likes/dislikes. Be sure to follow this up with “Would you recommend it?” to get more of their opinion.

2. What’s your favourite meal?
Keep this in mind for future reference. If you’ve gone for coffee as your first date and they say they like pasta, suggest the Italian place down the street for your second date. It shows you’ve listened, and taken to heart what they’ve said.

3. Describe your perfect day.
Another cute way to subtly get date ideas. Try to get them to go into detail, and imagine it as clearly as possible.

4. What’s your least favourite word?
A fun question, especially if your date likes language.

5. Can you speak any other languages?
Maybe you two are fluent in multiple languages, or have a desire to learn more languages. You could find yourself a new conversation buddy!

6. In grade school were you better at math, or language arts?
This is a fun one to figure out what type of thinker they are. Are they more numerical? Strategic? Maybe they’re more creative? Who knows what you’ll discover!

7. Are you allergic to anything?
A basic question. This is important information to know about any partner.

8. What’s your quirkiest habit?
This question is very cute! It also offers an insight into their self-reflection. How do they see themselves? Is it different from how you’ve seen them so far?

9. Do you like what you see when you look in the mirror? Would you change anything?
Some people might take offense to this question. Only ask if you’ve gotten far enough along in the date to trust each other with such a private topic.

10. Do you consider yourself a “quick learner”? How has that helped or hindered you in life?
These sorts of discussion questions will get you far in the relationship. Staying focused on your partner will flatter them, and they’ll be more inclined to open up and trust you.

11. What’s the wildest thing you’ve ever done?
This question can get you some very, very interesting stories… Ask only if you’re feeling brave!

12. Do you find it easy to say “no” to people?
Don’t over-think their answer. Know that they’ve agreed to date you because they like you, even if they do have trouble saying no.

13. Is there a current music/fashion trend you really hate?
It’s always fun to make fun of the current trends. This can infuse some humour and energy into your discussion, and revive a dying date!

14. Where have you traveled?
If they haven’t gone anywhere then a good follow up is “Where would you like to travel?”

15. If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be?
It doesn’t have to be negative. Prompt them with ideas like skills they wish they’d picked up sooner, or something in their youth they wish they’d experienced.

16. What do you think about ______?

When you get right down to it, asking someone what they think of anything is a great conversation starter. People love to talk about their ideas and opinions… You might even get into a friendly debate!

411

Most Helpful Guy

• You have to let the conversation flow because if it feels like a job interview the other person most likely won't want to see you again.

• These are good to pull out of your sleeve when you hit that moment where things aren't flowing. I'd only used a couple of these, otherwords it might just seem like pre canned lines.

• @red324 That is a good point

Most Helpful Girl

• This sounds so... sanitary. Lol. I think it's better to just let conversation flow to see if the chemistry is there. Going in with a list or what to ask is just so unnatural and clinical to me, personally, but I see the point of all of these questions and don't think they're bad by any means.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 10

• I'm glad there was no "What do you do for a living?" in there. That's the female 'sly' way of asking "How much money do you make?"

I hear that, there's no 2ND date unless she gives me clear indications that she's DTF, soon.

• Do people actually take the time to ask and aswer such cheesy and annoying questions? i dont see any girl ever liking me for asking something like that, she will probably think iam straight out of a romance movie and never go out with me again.

• These question should be asked before you go on the first date. Before the first date, you need to talk about your values, morals, and ethics.

• Exactly!

• And that is why I said exactly. These are topics you must eventually talk about within 1-3 dates. And that depends on how serious your getting and what your intentions are for the relationship if it was to become official.

• @btbc92

You are cool, stand tall, be brave.

• Great questions to ask! These are good and can give you an insight to the person you are dating :)

• If you ask me 16 questions on a first date there won't be a second.

• Dude, you are lucky someone would even give you a first date to begin with lol

• @FaithfulGuardian dude for whatever reason you keep posting here. Come back down to earth and realize your opinion and what you say means absolutely nothing.

• @SwolDishWasher And for some reason, you are keep coming back to ME. I wasn't replying you but you are the one begging for my attention by replying to me. If it means nothing, then why so serious? Contradicting much? Anyway, rather than blaming people for calling you out, be a man think over your own shortcomings.

• Those questions seem like ice breakers. I don't read books do watch TV shows from time to time.

• 1 girlsaskguys, articles, youtube, naked girl images and porn ( I am sort of trying to stop )
    2 Fruits, vegetables, shakes
    3 I didn't feel like having one
    4 shut up
    5 my natal lanuage
    6 math
    7 air like sometimes Isneeze, I also sneeze from sorts of chewing gum and onion
    8 quirkiest please explain
    9 no my face, hair and weight, and also height
    10 nope..
    11 depends on what you consider wild
    12 Pretty hard sometimes I lie, rarely I say no straight away
    13 maybe... metal and fashion probably most seen on tv
    14 only once and wasn't really great
    15 perseverence
    16 What do you think about me?

• I only ask 1 question: do you have STIs?

• 17. How many more questions do i have to ask you so that we can have sex

• 17. Do you play Call of Duty?

What Girls Said 3

• most of those questions seem to be ice breakers, but i would kind of make it awkward cause they don't seem natural and would not come up in a normal conversation. Just say whatever comes to your mind, if there's no chemistry dont force it...

• Great tips. I bet they make for interesting conversation openers. :)

• I just ask randomly whatever that time brings...