Would rather be loved DESPITE my shortness than be loved JUST BECAUSE OF my tallness

I have seen a lot of questions from nordic girls that like "I am 3cm shorter thsn average, no guys are interested in me, should i think about leg lenghtening surgery and risk to lose my leg + spend tons of money to be more attarctive for men. This is bullshit. Same situation for short men in US.
We are people, and it is our need to be loved/liked. I dont deny the importance of appearence in dating market. However, I just ask you this question.
"Why are you so devoted for people who expect you to fit their ideals"

Be selfish. You are who you are, they take it or leave it. If you love yourself enough, nobody can change your opinion on yourself.

Let People come for your chemistry, not physique

If you accept you are an "object" everyone will agree. You are a human, a whole package. You have expectations, personality, chemistry, not just a "flesh". If people just see you as a how many centimeters above the ground, they are too shallow to can't see the rest. Then it is not "you" to matter for them.

Nevermind, they think you are unattractive because you are short. So?

Seeing the beauty inside you requires intelligence, never forget that. Dont torture yourself for people who doesn't worth for it. Dont change, be stubborn.

Gold is valued because there are not many. Same as people who are not superficial. Who want "less" when you can have more? You have a personality, a nice smile, talents... much more that the body you are in. Dont let people to act like your body is the only asset you have.

You live for yourself, not somebody else

Selfish and narcisstic people are the happiest general. Because they have a thicker skin. You are the head role of your theatre, and your life is the scene. You determine who have role in your play, or who is just extra. This leg lenghtenin surgeries are ridiculus, making a flip about losign legs or being more attractive to opposite gender. Again, who are you living for?

Dont hate yourself because anybody else does. If anything, they can kiss your ass. You are the only one needed to love yourself, not anybody else needed.

Sincerely

714

Most Helpful Guys

• I don't care that much about height. Recently I met a very short girl I was interested in, but my bad Spanish and her total lack of English proved insurmountable (and thus so did she...).

I also know a girl about 6'5 who I would be interested in if she wasn't a religious fanatic.

• You are definetelly bot shallow at all then :)

• That is partially why I never cared about my height, I am who God made me, what is there to be ashamed of?

And just like you mentioned, if I were tall, I personally would not even want a girl who only liked me for my height.

• Thats the point yes. Some short men and some short women in Scandinavia just feel depressed when they are rejected because pf their height. They wish to be tall so those people would date them. It is insane

Most Helpful Girl

• I've never met anyone who over- anazlyed height in my life. I think this is attention grabbing since most guys prefer short girls.

• Personally my brain automatically links smaller girls to being cuter and taller girls being more sexy. But I'm 6ft 2" so it's probably very different for what shorter guys think.

• Most girls prefer short girls is not true in Scandinavia.

• I don't know about what girls want. Especially Scandinavian girls.

Join the discussion

612
  • I agree that height should not be a dating criterion and we do all nave preferences. The good news is that there is a wide variety of preferences among people.

• 6d

Short girls are the hottest. Plus, they are easier to pick up, spin around, hold down, bounce up and down and position. Guys assume their pussies are in proportion to their stature.
    What's not to like? Look at Kristen Bell and other celebrities under 160 cm.
    Maybe guys in Sweden are just into men.

• I'm short, I'm fat and I'm not attractive even if I lost all the weight etc. I don't actually worry that much about it, lots of people look just like me, so what. I'm alive, birds are singing the sun is out, life isn't all that bad regardless. Being imperfect gives you some guts too, forces you to face up to reality a little better.

• Everyone knows that guys don't care about that. Only most women care about trivial shallow requirements like that.

• Tables turned in Scandinavia

• Scandinavian girls don't Care about height? Seriously

• @Iamperfect1 not as scandinavian guys

• Shortness is feminine. The model industry prefers tallness, but most regular dudes prefer shortness.

• Scandinavian dudes are different

• There's your answer. No. If you feel that strongly about it, definitely not. I'm just throwing ideas around, which is more than you're doing to solve your own problem.

• Based on my experience most guy's prefer girls shorter than them doesn't mean that they don't like tall girls my cousin is 5.9 she is very popular among guy's.

• No one cares if a girl is short lol, that's seen as a bonus, why do I care about being short, no girl wants a short man unless he's rich, you can dance around the topic with fake positivity, but in reality, if you're a short dude you have two options, make money or be alone

• In Scandinavia short girls have the same struggle short men have in US. Things are different in different cultures.

• Every girl is that way

• It is same for me that every guy is same

• Height is more important for men than it is for women. A short woman can find a man no problem. A short man would be lucky to even feel his dick grabbed.

• Depends on your country bruh
      Short girls in sweden have it worse as short men in US

• 6d

Short girls are sexy as hell. 157-161 cm is a good height. I think of hot little spinners like Kristen Bell, Amanda Seyfried, or Shakira.

• I love, Love, LOVE short girls !! Send 'em here, especially if they're blond !!

• That's great and you should be! I have no reason to be confident though.

• I'm ugly, weird, awkward and creepy. I have no sex appeal to women.

• You are hot :D guys with light hair >>>>>>>>>
      Mayyybe because im brunett myself :)

• Thanks 😉, I bet you're pretty yourself

• Both short and tall people deserve love

• let me think on that junior

• Good take

• Excellent take! No need to do this anon, though.

• Thanks great take!

• Height does not determine how awesome you are! ;)

• I'm short and I love it. Plus mosy guys prefer short girls so I don't understand why this is a huge problem. Its more dramatic for really tall girl over 6 feet. But all heights are great!

• It is different in Scandinavia. Most guys here want tall girls

• I was talking about more older guys, like between 20-30. They prefer tall girls according to my experience
      How tall are you?

• Okay. I'm 5'2/157 cm

• "Would rather be loved DESPITE my shortness than be loved JUST BECAUSE OF my tallness"
    This is a non-problem. Tallness isn't very attractive in the first place and being short is much better. If there is a problem it's that attractive people are too thick to understand they have an attractive body type and insist on changing it.

• ot sure why you girls wanna be tall
    TALL GIRLS ARE WORSE LOOKING

• Where are you from?

• well I like short women END OF STORY

• Where ru from? It is cultural