Female standards too high, the inevitable fallout.

Right now in Japan there is a birthrate crisis.

People estimate within 1,000 years if nothing changes the Japanese race will be extinct.

SBS Dateline did a journalism piece on this topic:

The message is clear: Japanese men are not up to Japanese women’s standards. And so the country’s birthrate continues declining. At the time of this piece, more than half of Japanese women are single by the age of 30.

Interviewees blame cost of child rearing as the reason they refrain from children. Women express that they do not wish to leave their career to child rear. Men in Japanese culture work extended hours.

The piece highlights a growing number of women in their 30’s who are financially independent who are finding Japanese men aren’t up to their standards — as if such men existed some place. Seems that the population tanking into old age and low birth rates is not a large enough incentive to have women in their 30’s lower their standards to reproduce.

The Japanese government has begun offering financial incentives to encourage women to choose a Japanese man to have children with— without success.

Japanese Prime Minister Taro Aso has expressed frustration in this refusal and has begun blaming women for being too picky, causing the Japanese race to go extinct rather than settle for average guys. (Source: https://www.BBC.com/news/world-asia-47127738).

Other Japanese politicians have begun to express frustration in women who refuse to have children. Kanji Kato, a member of the country’s governing party, said that “if he meets a woman who doesn't intend to marry, he tells her she will end up in a care home paid for by taxes from other people's children.”

I predict this trend will continue around the world eventually reaching all countries as feminism becomes normal and women begin graduating college at high rates than men, which is already happening.

Beginning in 2008, millennial men in their 20’s and below have begun feeling a sex crunch where women are turning their noses up to them in favor of a smaller portion of the available pool. Roughly 40% of the available choices. This has caused the number of sexless men to increase each year for the past decade without the number of sexlessness women increasing at all.

Here’s a speed dating round setup by a YouTube channel that demonstrates how women choose from available men:

I think it’s telling to watch to the end.

Not to be a dick to young women today, but I think this is a serious issue that needs to be thought about.

636

Most Helpful Girl

• 19 d ago

Sooooooooooooooooooooooo make the cost of child rearing cheaper and make it possible for women to work AND have time for child care and men not to have such long extended hours. If this is truly a crisis, they would make these happen over time. The solution to this problem is right before their eyes, but instead you have a government stooping so low as to offer financial bribes to have children. Insulting.

You cannot force someone to have children. In societies where this has happened, there were extremely terrible and dire consequences to such action. In any society men and women alike have standards. Those aren't going to change because someone tells you, you should like this person let alone have sex with them and create life. Don't believe me, then let's go outside and I'll point a finger at someone and that's the person you SHOULD create a child with. Doesn't work that way.

Most Helpful Guys

• 21 d ago

Intelligent and educated women have less kids
    They have careers during their peak fertility
    Its unfair for women to have the same time line as men
    Women should be entering the work force at 40, after having and raising kids in their early 20s

• 21 d ago

Definitely think you have the right idea. Early 20’s are designed for getting pregnant and having children. Same goes for men.

Work should be the focus of late 20’s and early 30’s in my opinion.

• 21 d ago

I’m gonna follow you man. You seem like a smart guy.

Let’s be friends.

• 21 d ago

Its not too late bro. We are 23 and 25, so we got a few years. and we can always marry a younger lady.
      I am trying to meet a girl who is 18 and christian lol!

• 24 d ago

Its because of feminism, it has turned modern women into pure sexist trash then they wonder why men dont support feminism

• 18 d ago

please do not include all feminists in this. these are examples of radical feminism, which i as a feminist believe are a virus that needs to be removed from the feminist movement. please do not believe that all feminists hate men or something, those people are just idiots.

• 14 d ago

@americhum Feminism got out of hand and became more about shitting on men than uplifting women. This is what you get. In NY dating is disappearing and women had the NERVE to complain when a bunch of clubs and bars stopped letting women enter and drink free since so few men go out anymore.

Japanese are perfectly fine fucking robots and sex toys and getting all their social interaction online. It's a lot less stressful than a woman treating you like shit all the time then calling you a sexist if you dare answer back to her. That's what the US is slowly becoming and Japanese men abandoned that shit FAST over the past 4 or 5 years to the point women in Japan are now paying for sex and paying for men to PRETEND to be their boyfriends at parties and events. It's really lame but I find it hilarious. Good for them.

Join the discussion

534
  • 22 d ago

Not to be a dick to you, but this "opinion piece" of yours is blighted with inaccuracies and ignorance of Japanese culture.

I don't have time - or the inclination, to be honest - to provide you with the education you so sorely need on Japanese culture, but here are a few salient points:

1. Japan is one of many countries in the world that have low fertility numbers, but it is not the lowest. In fact, even Germany, Poland, Cyprus, Greece, Taiwan, Portugal, and Singapore have lower birthrates and fertility levels. Why no mention of these countries ever?

2. The reason for the low birthrate in Japan is legion. You're only choosing the one reason that helps you build your chosen narrative (women have standards is bad!). Did you somehow forget about traditional Japanese culture and the 100+ years that came before that and how Japanese women lived in a society where they had to be subservient to men and where domestic abuse was thought of as acceptable? Did you somehow forget that Japanese work incredibly long hours and they are FAMED for their bad work-life balance and this can make it difficult to have a baby? Did you somehow forget that everything in Japan is fecking expensive and that you have to pay a lifetime's fortune just to get anywhere close to the real estate people in bigger countries like the US enjoy?

I could name a half-dozen more off the top of my head, none of which will fit your narrative.

You want to discuss Japan's low birthrate? Do it in a manner that reveals the whole picture and do it in a balanced way by considering all the reasons (economic, tradition, cultural, etc.) rather than just cherry-picking your one reason so as to further your own twisted agenda.

Please, please, please, please, please stop using my country as fodder for your MGTOW agenda!

• 17 d ago

I don't see a problem with this. I wouldn't want to be with someone who had to lower their standards to be with me and forever feel ashamed about. I want to be her standard of an ideal man. These picky women aren't the problem. Nobody ever brings up the fact that divorce rates are going down for the 30 and unders because everyone finally knows what they want.
    ~Mr Bails Extraordinaire

• 17 d ago

I didn’t know divorce rates were going down.

• 17 d ago

Well shit. This is ironic.

• 17 d ago

I know divorce rates have gone down in my state overall for people under 30. You should check your states divorce rates.

• 23 d ago

This is exactly what the Mouse Utopia experiment by John B. Calhoun experienced.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Behavioral_sink
    en.wikipedia.org/.../John_B._Calhoun

I for one find this to be good news. One way to combat overpopulation and rejecting the mainstream "get married and have kids" way of life (not, that the mainstream is necessarily bad).

I have respect for strong and financially independent women, who also are likely to refuse to marry/have kids.

On the other hand the high standards women are doing that to themselves ultimately. We'll get the sex robots in a few years. Women may also get male sex robots but that tends to not work for them.

My opinion is, that bringing a child in a money-hungry and power-driven society like this, where broke boys in their future enter the military to get shot in iraq and where broke girls turn in their future into gold diggers is a punishment. Not to mention difficulties with the economics, finances, healthcare and the useless education.

It had to come to it one day. Here we are.

• 20 d ago

" One way to combat overpopulation"

Africa: Hold my beer

• 20 d ago

@ForbesMagazine haha yeah, well, some say it's these countries, that are breeding like rabbits and not America/Europe

• 19 d ago

Why should any person have to lower their standards to reproduce? The world isn't running out of people anytime soon.

• 19 d ago

Well, Japan is. That’s their point. It’s a very nationalistic homogenous society.

• 18 d ago

They are perfectly compatible. But staying home while the man is gone 14 hours a day isn't appealing. Most women would rather stay single and have their own career.

• 18 d ago

Well, when breeding stops because conditions are unfavorable, then a population declines. The whole society has to adjust to create favorable conditions again. It's not the job of women to continue to bring children into a setting that is not conducive to her or the child's well being

• 20 d ago

Great take. Wow, I hope that's not the future for other countries too, but suspect you are right.

I'm curious about women being blamed for this though. It sounds to me like people are happy to be single so that men won't change to please the women, and women won't change to please the men. If that's true, then it's not fair to blame women for the problems

It would be great to learn why we think it's valid to blame women for this as I don't think it's that clear cut.

• 20 d ago

As a side note, do you happen to know if crime rates and violence is up? I would expect to see higher violent crime in a community with lots of young sexless men.

• 19 d ago

Well that’s what we see with incel outbursts. Statistically, as well, single men in their 20’s are most likely to become convinced criminals.

• 18 d ago

It's not just females who have super high standards that are impossible for over 90% of women to meet.

• 21 d ago

Female standards? What about the shoshoku danshi? Explain them in terms of female standards. A large number of Japanese women are going into later life in misery because the MEN simply see no need to have relationships with women. They have porn and prostitutes, and that is all they want. When they do pursue women, all they want is a substitute mother, not a wife or lover--they have porn and prostitutes for that. Japan is not some feminist nightmare where the women have rebelled and aggressively insists on having "only the best". It's a land where men have voluntarily chosen to not emasculate themselves--they just aren't interested in women as anything other than servants and mother surrogates, and that's a man's choice, not a woman.

Remember, Japan has, for decades been notorious for small family sizes, often dictated by "if the first is a boy, we stop". When that's the case, in such a male-dominated society, only-child boys get spoiled and coddled. They never have what it takes to deal with grown women.

• 19 d ago

That's terrible. I think Japan will recover, though, if we can send a bunch of BBC's over there to make the local men jealous :D

• 19 d ago

BBC’s. Lol. Black men are finally getting their moment. Movies and TV shows are sexualizing black men as the hot characters in movies these days.

• 16 d ago

Great time to be me... except that I'm married :D

• 23 d ago

Agreed. I watched a documentary called "Sex in Japan" which mentions this. Same thing happening in other countries as well. At least those guys are still finding ways to satisfy themselves. No need for a woman to live a happy life. But none of us will go extinct because of technology. Just have sex with a robot and it will give you a baby. At least that's how I expect things to be maybe in a decade at this rate.

• 19 d ago

So a life home alone with the children and housework no longer appeals. The Japanese culture needs to change so workers aren't away 14 hours a day.

• 19 d ago

Nothing new just female hypergamy it's also effect the U. S dating game to an extent.

• 20 d ago

Within current individualistic culture, everyone kinda feels entitled to the best and will ignore even non-troublesome potential partners as they have zero skills nor disposition to settle down for it. They think they can always do better and that's humiliating af for the rejected ones who grow resent in time, specially as people tell them it's their own fault as if they were lazy or that they're not doing enough.

• 21 d ago

I've seen that video before and it's not a great example of the point your trying to make. The chick in the video you posted didn't get any matches because she was just picky her standards weren't that high and her personality wasn't that great.

I'd recommend the Korean one because it's actual Koreans who grew up strictly in Korea and Korean females standards are just as high and relate to stuff like education, income, family etc actual high standards.

• 21 d ago

Meanwhile, migrants make 15 children per couple. Also, notice how it's the girl who gets to pick among 20 men, not the opposite. And some people say women have it harder than men...

• 11 d ago

Globally, overpopulation is still a vastly greater concern than human extinction, and something that needs action. There are nearly 8 billion people. Somehow human society managed to survive with fewer than 2 billion for almost all of human history.

• 19 d ago

her standards are retarded.. totally out of touch with reality, why would anyone want to be with someone like her?

The only criteria that had any serious merit was being ready for kids or not.

• 22 d ago

With japan at least, I think a cocktail of things are at fault

1: japan's entertainment industry is armed to the teeth with sexually suggestive female characters. Them plus the constant advancement of technology disincentivises trekking through the world of relationships (look up Loveplus Resort and you'll get what I mean)

2: the widespread influence of kpop bands in asia is causing a massive wave of overly feminine trends with boys. It's gotten to the point where communities in China are forming "masculinity clubs" for young boys, and censoring male earrings

• 22 d ago

"Japanese men are not up to Japanese women’s standards."
    It has noting to do with that and everything to do with the fact that for some weird reason many many many Japanese men simply don't want sex

• 11 d ago

They do, but just with anime characters.

• 20 d ago

I don't think the Japanese go extinct there are a lot of half Japanese if they have babies then the Japanese DNA will carry on.

• 16 d ago

A mix with no replenishment will be wiped out eventually.

• 16 d ago

@Xoirwinkan Eh then they need national fuck Friday to get everyone to take a day off to fuck and get pregnant lol.

• 19 d ago

They should just import new Japanese. After all, it would be racist to believe that there's some specific japanese people biologically speaking.

• 21 d ago

Japanese women just don't like men then. I've heard that they can't stand foreigners and even Japan's own men are not enough. Probably the culture.

• 22 d ago

Eventually the absurdly high standard people will die off, so this will be self-correcting. Or eventually they will become another Chinese Province.

• 23 d ago

If a woman rules out every guy with a low IQ, lizard tongue or explosive violent temper of course she'll be lonely.

• 16 d ago

Meh, if women want to be government dependent hoes then let them. I concentrate on me and mine and it's only made me better, happier, and richer. All wahmen are "independent" until they reach the age at which they can no longer work, and then without a family to take care of them become social leeches. These women are genetic dead ends. Let their lines die off. Only strong genes deserve to produce, and a genetic line that does not value its own reproduction is not strong. The same holds true for men. If you don't want to be in the gene pool anymore then fine. Let the strongest propagate so we won't see the likes of your sorry ass, or anyone related to you, ever again.

• 11 d ago

The only place where women are more picky than Japan is Boston, it seems...

• 19 d ago

Japan ist Not alone in this most first world countries suffer from it.

• 21 d ago

Interesting take.

• 23 d ago

Good take

• 18 d ago

Japs are just a social construct.

• 18 d ago

Weebs are gonna be upset about this

• 21 d ago

I could live there 😂😂.

• 22 d ago

good take

• 10 d ago

Interesting take but you missed one of the primary reasons for the low birth rate in Japan. Men are choosing not to marry, or even have sexual r romantic relationships with women. They are boycotting traditional masculine societal expectations.

slate.com/.../...-money-and-like-taking-walks.html

• 12 d ago

Canada here :D import people just like we do that how we Canada solve this problem

• 13 d ago

who gives a damn about woman they are retards lol

• 19 d ago

Jap men have gone MGTOW. And good for them!

• 20 d ago

I guess the Chinese will still be around or absorb what’s left of the Japanese genetics. Pretty sad how picky but it is too expensive in Japan anyway to raise kids unfortunately

• 20 d ago

This is natural selection in action, if the Japanese go extinct due to the high standards of their women then those women will no longer exist in the gene pool.

Have you ever noticed that the biggest civilizations (Greeks, Chinese, Persians, etc.) were all very oppressive towards women? While the more gender egalitarian societies such as the Scythians and Taiwanese aboriginals don't get any sort of mention in the history books and died out relatively quickly?

This is because the oppression of women led to higher birth rates, and unironically in my opinion, more gender equality. Due to the greater population growth in these areas they simply absorbed their neighbors or conquered them. Meanwhile the Scythians and Taiwanese abos were conquered and absorbed.

• 23 d ago

Yeh. If you say you can't get a date, yet all you do is reject people/try to trade up, I have no sympathies. You chose the barren life.