Personally I would like to be involved in a polyamorous relationship since that way I can be with many women and it wouldn't be considered cheating.
If you aren't sure what it is I wrote a myTake which explains it
- I am currently in a polyamorous relationshipVote A
- I would like to be in a polyamorous relationshipVote B
- I am curently in a monogamous relationship and want to keep it that wayVote C
- I would like to be in a monogamous relationshipVote D
Most Helpful Girl
I would love to be in another one, honestly. If one can bypass the insecurities and jealousy, it can be a wonderful experience. Especially if the two lovers could be friends outside of the triangle, it strengthens the bond even more. It's wonderful to be loved in that manner by two people and be so open about it. Refreshing even.1
- Show AllShow Less
Most Helpful Guy
Im in a Poly relationship. But poly has many levels. It can be a strict open relationship (like Will Smith is in) or it can be many people having deep relationships in a group or it can be some massive occult thing if you want. Its just a path one chooses other than monogamy. I know a few things about myself:
- I can love more than one girl at a time.
- I can lust after many women at one time
- I believe that traditional relationships in Western Culture is a social construct, like religion. You can choose those things and be happy, but there are alternatives. It doesn't make you bad or wrong, its just different.
- Sex can be intimate or recreational.
So it just makes sense to me to be poly and I am happy. They most important part is negotiating boundaries and navigating jealousy. But this can be done.
And to all those who think your are a "manwhore" or man-slut"... Im a goddamn proud whore. If one person, just one, can argue why its not right to NOT be a slut, I will be amazed, as you have some insight that nobody has.
I am in a strict open relationship. We let each other have things we can't give each other. For example1
- Show AllShow Less