Should girls ask guys out?

Girls, would you ever ask a guy out? Guys, would you mind if a girl asked you out?

• Would love it.
    30%(13)55%(48)Vote81%(35)
  • Okay with it but it'd be weird.
    11%(5)8%(7)Vote5%(2)
  • Depends on the situation.
    36%(16)25%(22)Vote14%(6)
  • Never.
    23%(10)12%(10)Vote0%(0)
Select a gender to cast your vote:

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure why not? There's not such rule

• Right, there isn't, it's just a stubborn tradition that people can't get past.

Most Helpful Guy

• Of course they should. Just assume that a guy loves a girl but he is shy so he can't ask her out or he thinks she is so good to be his girlfriend but actually the girl loves the guy too. Although they love each other, shouldn't they be together because of this stupid "guys should take first step" rule. This is illogical.

• Thanks for chooding me mhg by the way can you ask the girl who you chose most helpful girl "why did she block me", please?

What Girls Said 18

• I would ask a guy out anytime. If I like you and wanna be around you why not?

• Why not, I would

• Yes we should :D

• yeah why not

• It's kind of scary lol I've done it once but it was by text so it wasn't that bad 😛

• I would and I did it once. :) We were both kinda shy and I decided to take matters in to my own hands.

• I would do it if I could get over my shyness

• I don't know if I'd ever do it because I'd be too scared, I'm pretty shy. I'd get so nervous. I'm not against other girls doing it. But in the long run (at least for me) I would hope the guy asked me out because I'd be too shy to do it.

• Change that mindset. :) Remember, guys also have to deal with the same shyness/anxiety of coming up to someone they like too. The only difference is a lot of girls "expect" them to make dating easier for girls by having them do this nerve-wracking task.

• And it's really stressful for guys because girls reject a lot. Taken, gay, not interested, etc. And most guys can tell when they're lying.

• I always make the first move. So, yes. I think women should ask out men too.

• I would, but i'm too shy to even go to a guy and make conversation

• I would think confidence would be a turn on at that point. As a guy I would normally do first and think later in that situation, not sure if it works for girls though.

• Well if it's a guy that really caught my eye, i might go up to him. And i get confident once i get to know person :D

• why not

• I'm a bit old-fashioned when it comes to some things, but I believe it should always be the guy who asks the girl out. Men like to chase, not be chased, and I think they don't really get to do that if the girl asks them out so they lose interest faster.

• A lot of guys actually like being chased because it makes them feel desired. I think it's probably the same for women but I'm not sure.

• Men like to chase? Almost every opinion on here says otherwise.

As usual, you're projecting. *You* want to be chased. Somehow you've translated that into "guys like the chase". I call BS.

• @Kirah Seriously, chill the f--k out. I'm just expressing my own personal opinion, which is what this site is about. You don't have to agree with me, but be respectful of people's opinions even if they're not the same as yours.

• I've never asked a guy out, but it's because of my shyness. I'm hella shy. If I were more confident, I totally would.

• I wouldn't

• Maybe give guy more clear sign she is interested. But I am not kind of girl to ask.

• I have before and it just feels weird like im the guy in the relationship

• You're supposed to be equals in a relationship. Guys and girls can share and interchange responsibilities.

• I'm not totally against it, but I have doubts because I was taught not to

• What if the guy you like never asks because he doesn't think you like him as more than a friend? Then you're left to wonder "What if...".

• If a guy doesn't ask me out, I just assume he doesn't like me. It didn't really occur to me that some guys are just shy or fear rejection, but I guess you have a point.

• No. Guys don't want equality, so no.

• Wtf who said that? It's feminists that dont want equality. 3rd wave feminism is based on having it above men these days eg. Men have to pay for dates, ladies first, breaking laws... But still want everything else men have.

• If you wanted true equality between the genders, women would need to step up and take on the roles that men have been doing (i. e. asking the guy out).

Men want equality however as it currently stands, the majority of women are not making an effort to take on some of our roles that we are expected to do.

• I think *you* are the one who doesn't want equality, princess.

What Guys Said 11

• I think it's stupid that they don't. Not asking guys out is just letting guys decide your future when it comes to relationships. These women would rather die alone with cats, than go up to a guy and introduce themselves.
    It's pathetic.

If you want something in life, go up and get it, don't wait for it to come.

• I get your point, even through it's a little harsh, but well said.

• Yes, that would be great.

• Yes, girls should ask guys out. There are a lot of young men and women who would make terrific partners with just a little encouragement, but they lack confidence.

• Would love that

• yeah sure why not.

• Yes.

• It goes against nature. It still it's cool

• At first the idea sounds great but after a few girls that i had absolutely no interest in, Id rather stick to the choosing

• But girls tend to be more selective than guys. And guys tend to be more sure about things. A girl is likely to reject a guy she has no interest in but a guy might give a girl a chance even if he didn't particularly like the girl to begin with.

• But at least the girls get a chance to show you who they are. If not you could just give clear signs you aren't interested or break it off.

• If thats who she is than more power to her i suppose. Im not gonna hate on girls that ask out guys or guys that get into relationships that way. With me, Im gonna choose who I want and not settle for who comes to me. Also, i prefer shy girls, who typically wouldn't make the first move.

Again, this is my preference and just how I choose to live my life.

• Why not?

• I think it happens very rarely

• Would mind if a girl asked me out on a date.