Have you ever dated someone below your standards?

How did it work out?

1415

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I have dated three women I'd normally not date for the reason you called "below [my] standards". These women didn't fit my subjective view of attractiveness. One of these women had two kids from a previous relationship, which is one of my deal breakers. I ended up developing strong feelings for one of these women—much to my surprise. The latter was a huge learning experience in that a person's physical qualities are not necessarily the reasons for falling in love.

What Girls Said 13

• I don't like the terms "below my standards" or "not in my league". I much rather say he just wasn't my type. But I wanted to try something new and give him a chance. It turned out HORRIBLE. I wasn't attracted to him physically or sexually. I really tried to feel it but I just couldn't.

• I wouldn't say below standards. We were both like 7s out of 10. However, he wasn't my type so I would say I settled. He was a class clown turned juvenile delinquent who was selling dope on the side, robbing houses, and other crap I didn't know about. Plus he was too lanky although I liked his smile and how sweet he was from time to time

• I date guys who are not exactly my type to keep an open mind

• Yep, I wasn't happy tbh. There was no spark or anything, I just wasn't really that into him.

• we aren't dating yet because we are too young ATM but I guess you could say that we plan to. My only peeve is how he sometimes pays more attention to his phone games than me and my friend.. but he's fine. if he's a little aggressive he apologizes. if I'm sad, he tries to figure out whats wrong with me and comforts me as much as he can, so I dont mind.

• I would rather be alone than with someone I don't want to be with or "below my standards" at least I know I'm good company! ;)

• I don't consider anyone below my standards, I see guys just as worthy toe as I am to them.

• nope...

• I always do. It's next to impossible to date someone of my own class, cq. standards.

• I fell in love with him.

• Sadly, yes, and he broke my heart twice. However, he did teach me a few things:

1. I'm codependent
    2. I'm insecure
    3. I can't control my emotions
    4. I care way too much
    5. I have inner issues which is why I lowered my standards in the first place
    6. NEVER settle for less than you deserve
    7. I need to work on myself before I date another man.

• Nope. I haven't.

• I'm the bottom of the barrel. No one is below my standards

• in my opinion it's pretty surprising how many people can be sexy. Like really sexiness is mostly a question of confidence in your sexuality and attitude and a good sense of style (and that goes for men and women). I mean unless you're obese and have a mustache, if you do then that really sucks.

What Guys Said 14

• I've dated a person I wasn't in love with and I wasn't attracted either. It's because of the smell, clothing style and how my ex moved. Anyway, I'm a person who doesn't get easily satisfied and I've many musts at my lists in order to be attracted.

• What do you mean below our standards? Just as far as looks? Or everything? I mean I think we all have at some point thats why our previous relationships don't work out when people say "it's just wasn't gonna work" thats basically saying they aren't meeting our expectations as a mate or standard.

• Let's say both of you were working and paying bills then you girl gets angry and just quits her job and she isn't looking for another but she wants you to support her now. At first she was at you standards now she's below your standards.

• i don't use standards... if she has good personality, intelligence, kindness it is enough for me... looks don't matter much

• standards? seriously? you are so fked up buddy.

• Guys do it all the time, girls... not so much. I know this chub overweight that doesn't date overweight men... lol... she only dates slim guys... and guess what? She gets them too haha

The irony I tell you

• I should have done it.

• No i haven't because iv never dated anyone. Im glad in one way, but in many ways it kinda makes me sad.

• No. I don't waste my resources on incompatible women. If you have no other interests in common other than sex... that's all you've got keeping you together when the shit hits the fan.

• It was substandard lol.

• No, sounds like a huge waste of time.

• Terribly, the thought you can do better will always be on your mind

• yup and she rejected me for a second date XD

• Long story short, I don't know what you mean by "standards". People come as a package, you can't pick and choose bits.

I just date what I like. I don't ever think about what I like or wonder if it's "beneath me". And I find it sad and disrespectful tbh that other people would like to "change" things about their partners. If you are attracted to them and like/love them then they must be compatible enough with you, and that's what counts. I'd be heartbroken to know I'd been "settled" for.

If you're dating someone and you're not attracted to them, that's just dishonest and they deserve to know so they don't carry on wasting their time.

• I'm talking about looks and personality here but I think a lot of the answerers are just talking about looks which is even more depressing really.

So long as you're healthy and not in the bottom 10% of the population looks wise I can probably find you attractive.

Maybe that says something about my looks hahaha

• Yeah. Not too good. And i think she knows that too so we went on being friends with benefits