Should I tell my boyfriend he is getting way too fat?

should tell my boyfriend he is getting way too fat?
that was him last year
this is him now...

• yes
  • no

719

Most Helpful Guy

• how much have you gained in between?

honestly, men are just as concerned about their looks as women are. They just don't tell everone about it. If this topic is bothering you, you'll need to be very careful, it is an emotional minefield.
    I'll suggest to find a physical activity you both can enjoy. Mountain-biking? gym (together)? bouldering? hiking? rafting? A lot of Men tend to like out-door activity, that doesn't feel like "doing sports".
    Additionally, help him by offering to cook for the both of you, look for low carb, high proteine recipies.
    DO AVOID C. R. A. P. - food at all costs (Carbonhydrated Drinks, Refined sugar, Artificial sweeteners (watch out for "light" or "zero sugar") and Processed food (aka "convinience food"), avoid alcohol, too.

If this doesn't help - half an hour of sex equals round about one Mars bar ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you're being really shallow, personally. Women complain all the time about how men tell us we're fat and we need to lose weight, and then you're going to turn around and do the same thing to him? Are you trying to drive him away?

Is he working a lot of hours at a job where he doesn't get physical exercise? Is he going through a tough time emotionally? Have you guys just become less active?

People don't just "get fat." Their lives change. At your age, when people are done with college (when they had lots of time to go to the gym), suddenly you're commuting to the city and working in an office 40-50 hrs a week or whatever it is he does. Most people I know gain weight in their late twenties and thirties. It's just a fact of life unless you're obssessed with your body and working out.

What Guys Said 18

• If it becomes a problem, then yes, please do tell him. It could cause both laziness, faster exhaustion, two things nobody wants. Especially in a relationship, when his life isn't juts about him anymore.

• Yes, you need to tell him. Communication in a relationship is vital, and the health of a relationship can be measured by how comfortable both partners can freely and honestly communicate their feelings on any matter to the other.

• But be nice. ;)

• All that in one year holy moly. What are you guys doing for the last year... cuddling and eating all day..

• Yes you have to tell him it Has Bagan to bother you give him a chance to fix it for you. If not you have to let it go. I told my wife and she has lost 40 pounds gotten much healthier. Thought on her at the time but she is healthier and we are happier.

• Say "Hey, fatboy how about a gym membership"?

Just kidding. Yes tell him. If acts like a wimp tell him to man up!

• just tell him that you're concerned over his health habits. Guys can be sensative as well when it comes to appearances. Be gentle yet honest.

• hell no.

• Bahah, funny body type.

• If you dont like it then yes you should, before its too late. Be nice or things can get ugly.

• Holy god! He's grotesque!
    Tell the fat bastard he has let himself go.

• Tell him to hit the gym and shave

• Yeah, he's gotta catch that now or he'll blow way up before he knows it.

• Yes but u go along with him.. He feels good then

• Yes. For you and him, save him from himself. (but be nice about it)

• Yes tell him.

• No, because he might just be expecting. Has he tried a home pregnancy test yet?

• Last year he was gross and this year he's 30 lbs grosser. Get him a gym membership and a certificate to a spa where they can wax a torso.
    If you're into wasting time on lost causes that is

What Girls Said 6

• Your boyfriend looks supiciouy similar to a weird guy who was always on here telling us how much weight he'd gained...

• If it's bothering you I think it's a good idea to bring it up in the kindest way possible. I think it's much nicer to bring it up now, so he can work on it, than waiting until you are disgusted

• Absolutely. He shows that he doesn't care anymore which bothers you

• yes you should tell him

• Yes do tell him

• As long as he could do the same for you have at it