Why don't cute guys approach me? :/ What am I doing wrong?

I am an okay looking girl, I stand 5'5ft tall but for most of my life, I've been single. I just don't get approached. Why is that? Most of the guys I like either turn out to be fuckboys who wanna netflix and chill ( I'm not down for that stuff) or cute guys who don't approach me at all. I've had one relationship in the past which turned into a long distance relationship, with him eventually breaking up with me saying "He's not worthy of me" ... I assume he probably cheated. I'm tired of being alone. What am I doing wrong? Is there something I should change about myself of my appearance? I'm shy, and I don't drink or smoke. Could that be why? :( Why don't cute guys approach me? :/ What am I doing wrong?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think people approach people anymore. Everyone I know meets people through work, friends, or online. You need to be more outgoing if you want to see results. It doesn't matter if you're shy, there's got to be people that you deal with on a regular basis right now that you can open you up to in order to meet different people. I'm not talking about people that you're interested in either, it can be fellow colleagues and family friends that you can start building friendships with at a deeper level so that those opportunities open up. Eventually you'll have built a network and come closer to finding a good match for yourself and make new valuable friendships in the process.

What Guys Said 32

• You're pretty and you seem to be the lovable, silly, fun type! So that's great! Lots of guys love that I know I do.
    Your height isn't an issue at all.
    Partly your age and our society where not a lot of young people want a committed relationship.
    You don't drink and guys your age are probably out at bars and clubs on the weekend.
    There is nothing that you are personally doing wrong. Your appearance is good. But you may want to try and approach those cute guys. Break away from your shyness and face your fears. Thats how we grow as a person.

• You should approach them. Why can't you do that?

• you could always do the approaching... or lower ur damn expectations.

• It's most likely because you're shy.

• Brah you're slayin like your style , well if you like a dude then approche him force yourself onto him lmao

• because you are beautiful and they think you are out of their league. So it might be best if you approach

• You are really cute, id approach you

• Aren't Swedish men supposed to be a bunch of ponces who are too scared to approach women? :P But I think you're quality. And quality generally isn't appreciated, alas. People would rather listen to Britney Spears or whoever is current, than Beethoven.

• Don't wait for them. It's not likely anything you are doing, guys just more and more aren't bothering to. If you like a guy, approach him.

• Well in my case I'd already assume you have a boyfriend so I wouldn't bother. Maybe try to put off a very single vibe.

• you're adorable.
    Probs just extremely shy people checming you out and you not picking up on it maybe?

• You are good looking women and nothing wrong with your appearance. People who want to sleep with you will always approach you because some are just thirsty people. Some people won't approach you because they don't know you and why would they? let's say even if they are from your friend circle they won't bother dating you because you are the shy ones and hardly visible to them and "cute guys" are not obliged to approach you either. If you like a guy just go talk to him. I mean you are like one of those guys who stands in the corner of nightclub except here you are a women. You really need to work on your social skills and drop this notion If you are pretty then guys will automatically approach you.

Note: I am not being mean just being realistic as possible.

• simple!! you intimidate them, you are too gorgeous; thats the problem or not a problem... well I don't know.

• as a guy there are few things that will make hesititant about approaching a girl :

1- iam not interested in anything serious unlike her
    2- she is taken/ or acts like she's taken
    3-has a bad reputation of being slutty, has an attitude, bitchy, high maintanance
    4-older than me

if its one of those then work on fixing it, looks wise you are absolutly attractive i dont know any guy who wouldn't want to date a girl that looks like you but despite that fact some things will always affect your chances.

• The second one might be it. I'm looking for a steady relationship and not a hookup. :/ Why are guys commitment phobic!

• they are not, guys will not commit unless something really draws their attention, if they are meeting average girls with nothing special about them then most guys will choose to not settle for them and keep looking , when guys find a great girl (in the guys opinion) then comitting to her is the right thing to do, guys are not commitment phobes its a lie they tell to girls they are not interested in having anything long term with, and of course a small number isn't interested in marriage at all.

as for your problem, i find the most common problem with girls and guys sometimes is the fact that they have close friends of hte opposite gender that the hang out with often or they play too much on their phones / act like they are taken which stops others from talking to them.

• It could well be your personality. I have a coworker who is physically pretty but her "quirky and zany" personality is unbearable.

• Well, i dont see anything wrong with your looks. You re pretty and thin. My bet is there is something wrong with your attitude/personality. Saying you're shy etc doesn't matter as most people can't judge themselves accurately.

• Frankly, I feel like those are 4 different people on those photos.

• do you mind ugly giant approaching you

• They approach you, but you don't think they are conventionally attractive and you want someone more representative. ;)

• Maybe your standards are too high. You should approach the guys you like if they don't approach you

• Approach them instead. Problem solved.

• Scent?
    Maybe you look taken or intimidating?

• Guys don't approach as much in the world today. Social media and dating sites have killed it all

• Its probably that they are not looking for something serious. You're doing nothing wrong. Hell I'd date you if i could. Be patient and you'll find the one.

• Because you're weird.

• nahhhh... somthing fishy...

• I think you look cute and like a cool person! I would approach you and I'm not a fukboy. If I send a link, could you tell me if I'm cute or not?

• because ur a shitskin curry

like me and i consider my race the lowest of the lowest. I would honestly never even bother with an indian girl because they all remind me of the pathetic females in my family.

• You need some Xanax.

• shitskin hindu cope

• Firstly, I'm not a Hindu, I'm a christian, and secondly.. it doesn't matter. A douchebag of your magnitude could cleanse a whale's vagina ans I think you should fuck off now. :)

• Wow.. Your gorgeous!..
    If i ever saw you in a social setting or Uni or whatever.. I would approach you without even thinking about it.. Lol your 5ft 5 and im like 5ft8/9 (girls consider it short).. If you are picky about height or looks maybe that could be stopping you? Other than that.. you look great and its a turn on that you dont drink or smoke..

• You're sexy af, if I saw you in a social setting, I'd approach you without a second thought. Dead serious no bullshit. I don't know why other guy haven't gone for you. Are you putting yourself out there?

• More from Guys
    2

What Girls Said 7

• You're stunning and look like you have an amazing figure, so it's Definitley not that, I would guess you being shy has a lot to do with it and maybe guys don't get the opportunity to know you as well as both you and they would like to? That and a lot of guys in their twenties aren't looking for serious relationships, they just wanna hookup, eat breakfast for dinner and play COD

• Thank you. Yes, I think me being shy has everything to do with it! I can't change who I am though :( I'm not into hookups either :/ sucks for me lol

• ❤ Thank you so much!

• You're very very welcome❤️❤️

• You are pretty but shy typically turns into awkward and no one really likes that try being more outgoing see a guy you like talk to them and just don't be weird

• May be your intimidating to guys. Probably the main reason why they dont approached you. I use to get that a lot all the time. Being attractive girl make guys feel insecure and don't have the courage to even make that move on you or even talk. People say I look like bitch with a mean face. That's how I look lol. Hopes this helps 😃

I use to make guys nervous.

• Not being approached or not being able to be in a relationship doesn't always have something to do with looks. I know people that aren't too blessed in the genes department that find the love of their lives. You sound a little desperate to find someone maybe you should focus on you and go with the flow. There's no rush. Choose wisely.

• a lot of guys are shy too. you have to slip them your number and run away. no words, no eye contact when doing it. do it quickly before they can look. thank me later.

• they are probably shy or stunned because damn, you are so pretty. I'd kill for your looks

• that's the reality of the life, you like a guy and he likes another girl