I got in a relationship with my step dad, advice?

So i regret ever doing this but it just happened... my mom is a very lovely person she puts me before everything i really don't deserve her. But i messed up real bad this time when i got into a relationship with my step dad i know it is wrong but it just happened! I know this is really bad , but i don't know what to do now to fix this if it can even get fixed. Should i tell my mom? If yes HOW?

617

Most Helpful Guy

• Make a cut. Do it straight to the point. You did already enough harm and can't come out a winner. Thus you have to do damage control.

- End it with him
    - Sit down with your mom and tell her
    - Expect her being angry and disappointed with you for a long long time

Most Helpful Girl

• Be honest. Tell your mom. And don't speak to your stepdad again. What makes you think he hasn't done that with others. And hopefully you learned your lesson. There are boundaries in life. You should have respected the fact that he was your mom's man. He is just using you and you should go to a psychiatrist and get some help. You need to check yourself as something isn't right. Your mom can be the worst person in the world, but doesn't mean you cross that line. If you can't see it, another reason to seek professional counseling. If you were brave enough to be with your "dad" be brave enough to tell you mom and admit your fault. Karma is a bitch and well just be ready for the consequences.

What Guys Said 16

• Things like this do not "just happen". You knew it was wrong well before doing it! But you cared so little about your mom and your relationship with her that you went ahead and did it. You may ease your conscience somehow, but it will not be by fixing it, because this can't be fixed.

• It isn't that i didn't care about her cause i do but i cared more about myself.

• What you did was NOT caring for yourself. And that is proven by the fact that now you regret it and want to "fix" it. If you cared about her, you would not have been able to do what you did.

• What do you mean "in a relationship"?

• We are in a serious actual relationship sexual physical emotional... etc.

• I'm sorry..

• lol... not the person to tell that to boo boo.

• Don't tell her. Kick your stepdad in the nuts, and then make him admit it.

• We are both wrong though.

• @Katherine3110hun
      Wasn't me who got raped. He raped my girlfriend, and I have zero desire to forgive him. Thankfully he's dead and rotting in his grave now.

• you have to tell her!! he's probably cheating with other women as well and you mom probably deserves better.

It will be hard but it's the right thing to do.

• betray by her own kind, I feel sorry for your mother

• You should tell your mom in an apologetic way, asking her to help separate you from it.

How recently did it start, btw? Do you have any clue what started it? How serious is it atm?

• It's been happening for around a year and a half but ever since we all moved together after their wedding everything was different but it wasn't official until he approached me and talked seriously I don't know what started it but after i brokeup with my boyfriend i just wanted to forget him with anyone and then he came and this was my chance it is also quite serious we are in a serious relationship

• So he's not your birth father? Did you know him before he wed your mom?

• Yes he is not my birth father. And no it developed after they got married.

• How the f ***

• My advice is stop watching "Daughter & stepdad porn" videos.

• Lmao i don't actually

• Holy shit..

• tell her, and how the hell do you manage that even lmao

• Damn, freak shit

• Yes any way possible tell her.

• Guess you are right.

• Guess so😪

• I'm sorry if I seem judgmental I apologize and wish you the best of luck

• all the more proof that you punk ass teenagers are fucked up more now than ever before

• I can't deny.

• well
      I might be able to think of something if i knew the details but as I'm short on info
      there's not much i can think of here...

• Thank you anyway.

• Let sleeping dog lye.

• You think that would be better?

• If you tell her, it will hurt her. if you dont it won't.

• You got a point there.

• wow. Just wow. Granted you are an adult. That is just wow.

• blame it on your stepdad. say it was forced or what ever... and you may be thinking that's not fair on him but you shouldn't really be getting it on with your misses daughter. yeah it's partly your fault but the only way you're coming out alive is if you tuck in your tail and start telling them porkies

What Girls Said 5

• Tell your mom. She deserves to know. Your guilt is obvious. Do you really want to live with it the rest of your life and having to shove it down? Trust me it's better to tell your mom and go to therapy for it. I'm not going to tell you it'll be easy, because it won't. Tbh it'll be hell and painful and one of the hardest things you've done and you'll hurt for a while. But it'll be worth it. I speak from a similar experience. The difference is, I didn't know at the time that what I was doing was wrong. That fact helps the guilt. You don't have that luxury so I'm telling you, go to therapy for it, personal therapy and family therapy with your mom and possibly step dad. Remember: a mother's love is strong and will cease to amaze you.

• 🙊 you're genuinely a terrible person. You cannot fix this but you have to tell her so she knows what kind of child she raised.

• it is better to stop it for the sake of your mom

• ... troll

• There's no way you can win. If you tell her, she'll probably never want to look at you or trust you again. If you don't tell her, you're ruining her life without her knowing and you have to live with the guilt.