Dating/talking to more than one guy, is it wrong?

I recently joined this dating app as I've been single for almost a year now and just want to have a bit of fun. I've never really dated before because my first partner I met at school and we were together till last year. I've been on a couple date with guys from the site but nothing ever works out and it's draining tbh meeting all these guys and it never going anywhere. So my question is, is it bad to date/ talk to more than one guy at a time? Of course if anything became serious with someone I would of course be exclusive with them but until that happens it's ok to date others right? I'm not sleeping with any of them it's not like that I just want to keep my options open, there's nothing wrong with that is there? There's a guy I've been on two dates with and he's since deleted his profile since meeting me which makes me feel a bit bad because I'm still speaking to others but we haven't had a talk about talking to others or anything like that. It's only been two dates I'm not doing anything wrong am I?

716

Most Helpful Guy

• It sounds like you feel bad for seeing other guys while that guy seems to have ended contact with other women. Since you feel bad, it's not a bad idea to be honest with the guy. You sound like you don't know what you want right now while he sounds like he feels differently. I would be honest with him that you don't want a relationship right now and just want to get to know people. You'll probably hurt the guy even more in the future if you aren't honest.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it´s alright, but once you get serious with someone you should stop. Though that doesn´t mean that you should go on dates with everyone you meet. Go on dates with those who truly attract you, and see who really wants you and enjoys your presence /cuz there are guys who just want something shallow if you know what I mean/, go for that guy.

What Guys Said 15

• There's this rule in investing where you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket. Its a pretty good rule, it applies to dating as well. Dating in the beginning I mean as you are just getting to know one of many potential partners.

• nope, you've been on only 2 dates and haven't said that you are exclusive or dating i think it's more like friendship until you finalize so i don't think anything is wrong with talking to others.. also single here just curious which dating app you using? i can't find any good ones

• No, I'm always talking to multiple girls because I'm very social and want to meet as many girls as I can. It takes time to build relationships, so the best way to have options is to constantly cultivate new contacts.

• that depends because honestly if you're sitting there in your leading them all on in telling any of them about each other then you will run into jealousy issues down the road. What do you need to do is tell them about each other and then see who can actually win you over and then when he does do what you do

• If it's a open relationship, no.

• Talking, I don't think so.
    Dating you should do with one guy at a time.

• You look for sex so it is okay to date many.

• no its nothing wrong if u want u can talk with me also... I have faced same thing let be a frds together try to talk with me

• No, it wouldn't be wrong. And you can tell the annoying guys that you only talk with one guy at a time.

• until you're dating someone you can talk to and sleep with whoever you like. however as soon as you become a couple you need to cut ties. if you don't that's when it becomes a big deal.

• If you are not officially together... is fine

• Nope. As long as you're both on the same page.

• I made a mytake on this, and almost every single woman was against men doing it. But it seems like women are okay when they do it. Hypocrites.

• Most women talk to at least 3 men at any given time. Even if they have boyfriends. Girls these days aren't loyal. Do what you want but if a guy isn't loyal to you don't act like a victim like most girls. Basically most women cheat and sleep around more than men but give out when men do the same

• Unless the guys all know about each other, you'll be leading some of them on. Not a good thing in my opinion, but it's not my life or my relationships, so what the fuck.

What Girls Said 6

• If you didn't tell that guy your were exclusively dating then it's fine. I wouldn't do it partly because I feel weird if I text more then one guy, just a me thing though. Go for it! Nothing wrong. Though maybe clarify with the guy who deleted his account that you aren't exclusively dating if you feel bad about it.

• I don't see a problem with dating more than one guy. Like you said you're just keeping your options open. Just be honest from the jump. Let them know that their not the only person your seek just so no one gets pissy when they see all of your time and spotlight isn't on them 24/7.

• Personally I wouldn't do it, but its ok to date more than one guy at a time, just make sure everyone knows that on the front end though and you'll be ok

• I would be open and honest to the guys you are talking to. I am not saying by any means sleep with them, but be up front that you are dating and until you are serious you plan on talking to or dating other guys.

• If you are not exclusive you can date however many people you want. Until a 1 on 1 relationship is established with one of them you are not wrong.

• No. You're just simply getting to know them to figure out which one would be better for you. Nothing wrong with that.