What have you learned from online dating?

Anything you have learned from online dating? Have the relationships lasted? Has it been awkward to meet?

728

Most Helpful Girl

• I haven’t online dated for a long time, but I’d assume it was still the same 😊
    Not talking for a long time before meeting, getting attached to a personality then having no physical attraction/chemistry makes it disappointing and hard to end when really, there is no future.
    Only load realistic photos. No super flattering angles, or older than a few months. Weight and teeth should be obvious.
    Don’t pretend to be personally interested in their hobbies or interests, or that you do them too. It comes out when you meet and it looks desperate.
    Be honest about what you’re looking for, and trust people if they’re honest about theirs. Him not looking for anything serious = he’s not looking for anything serious. If your goals don’t align there is no point getting to know them

What Guys Said 28

• That you have to have an exceptional profile to be noticed. That woman will rarely if ever sent the first message. That like over 50% of all women somehow find lots of time to travel the world (how in the hell?) That women get spammed with lame sexual messages right from the jump and it turns them off from the whole affair. That you can read through profiles, be selective, be personable, and rarely get a reply as a guy. That you can read through profiles, spam out lots of messages, and still rarely get a reply as a guy.

Online dating kind of sucks, but it is also where I found my ex. Just need to get past all the overly selective people who only want to date what they think is a sure thing.

I had far more success on the free sites than the paid ones. PoF and OKC. I also had some messages on gk2gk, but the user base in my area is kind of scant.

• Nothing really that good as most women who I have gone out with from online dating were either liars, con artists, bull shit throwers, whores, druggies, boozers, and down right ugly and fat.

In the photo attached is a typical woman you will find on an online dating website and no thank you I will pass.

• Some men are into bbw tho so that's a plus for them

• You are right but any man who would go to bed and have sex with that woman in the above photo is what you call a really sick bastard for sure as I would rather be alone and jerk off the rest of my life before I would go to bed with anything like that...

• You know what the surprising thing is I have met so many men already who have a fat fetish tho I think it's higher than men who like skinny women

• Met my wife pre internet. If I were ever single again thats where I would go for the following reasons;
    1) You can be yourself. Tell the good, bad, and the ugly. This way THEY know what they are getting and aren't disappointed later.
    2) You can list your deal breakers instead of finding out after you meet someone..

• Definitely true! I have met some good and some bad online but majority have been good as long as you have been a little open up front what kind of person you are before meeting

• 1. Sites are VERY different.
    2. I learned how to spot a hooker/spammer/TG from a profile pretty quick.
    3. It can be a fabulous way to meet smart, pretty, fun women.

I have met most of my dates online over the past number of years. It would be nearly impossible to meet the high quality of women I am with if I had to wait for a random encounter.

• How do you spot a hooker profile Lol? I didn't even know they used dating sites!

• Just everything about her, and she did name her price within about 3 minutes (the whole meeting lasted about 6).

"why the fuck would you want to do that"
      Because they believe that because they want to be a girl that everyone else in the world will pretend they are a girl.

The brother of a friend of mine is a TG. He tricked a guy into thinking he was a she, and since they were in an "LDR" and only saw each other once, did some making out, but did not go further, the victim didn't know he was a he. But they were making plans for marriage. The other sisters confronted the TG about this and he said, "If he loves me, it won't matter." That is honestly how those lying SOBs think. The sisters told the victim and that was the end of that. TGs are mentally ill, rational thought doesn't seem to apply to them.

• Holy shit! Yea this is why you have sex before marriage people Lol! Got to make sure she has no dick in the pants lol

• Nothing much positive, in my opinion.
    I made a few accounts for fun. Purely just to mess with a lady friend of mine who was temporarily doing online dating.
    Online dating almost seemed like a job interview. Like I was submitting a resume to every girl I came across. hmm... kinda like LinkedIn in a degenerative sort of way.
    It kinda felt like Free Agency in the sporting world. Its filled with all the rejects but occasionally, a star player or a hidden gem that slipped through the cracks of the drafting process will appear just waiting to be picked up and given the chance to shine on the court.

• 1- Girls are far more selective and don't do the effort to know the man
    2- i'm still in relationship for 8 month.
    3- Yes a bit, but it quickly become natural

• Online dating has been a fun experience but I realised nothing lasts. Once it stops being fun, I gave up on it.

• That for guys especially (at least most) it's a complete waste of time.

• People like to say hi but nothing past that

• I've learnt that my chance of receiving a yes when asking out online are just the same as offline, zero.

• It's 100% waste of time: it's all about raising money for terrorism. It's the world's worst load of crap ever.

• It's a waste of time. Dating irl is easier for me. But right now I don't really have a social life so it sucks...

• It's a place for insecure people looking for hook ups with the rare few that are decent confident people. I avoid those sites now cause of bad experiences :(

• That I'm uglier than I thought

• Online dating isn't for everyone.

Premium online sites are better than free ones.

• I learned a long time ago it take way to much time and effort to just simply get continuously rejected or get no reply.
    I hate online dating!!

• Nothing... No one will makes an online date... They just makes lame excuses, and never talk to each other again... Even though I don't have any g. f and never makes a online date

• That girls are extremely shallow. 100% judging on a pic even though they claim not too.

• Never trust photos

• Adventure

• They suck

• If we succeed... It's d best. If we fail, man, it's a disaster

• I got married with a girl i met online

• its really pathetic a man dies from sex chating just

• It reduces people to a series of traits, encourages choice paralysis and serial dating, lowers self confidence by placing more of the onus of failure on the individual, increases social anxiety by creating a “safe” environment away from actual social interaction that in fact isn’t safe at all, and is honestly boring and saddening because the most desirable people don’t really need the help of an app.

• sending dick pics works better than sending text

• They lose interest and you get left.

• It's worst thing ever. I hate it so much. I'd say that eye to an eye is better. Because you see people tend to lie. Sure there are some nice people but online dating ain't my thing.

What Girls Said 6

• I've met both my ex (toxic relationship) and my current boyfriend online (3 years together now). Some of the dates I've been on were extremely boring, and some were fun. It wasn't always awkward to meet, but you can feel within the first seconds whether it might turn out to something good or not.

What I've learned from online dating is that I'm not as ugly as I have thought. My confidence got a boost from it. Otherwise, of course, my longterm relationship with my guy is a lesson to me that it can be worth it.

• I could write a book on online dating. Dont give up... be cautious.. remember it's just a date. It can work... I met someone on line and we have been together for 3 years.

• I've never tried online dating cuz I've been in a relationship since I was 17 but I know my sisters, Eva and Aurelie have.

My sisters say online dating doesn't work cuz you won't get any love and affection and you'll end up dating him or her for about 6 months and you're dumped ( lucky i got him back!) Its also very awkward to meet up cuz u dont what personality or traits he or she could have

• That men only see me as a sexual fetish

• That even though I get a lot of compliments in real life and have been told I'm attractive, online dating made me believe I was ugly and will die alone.

• No to believe what they say