So... I'm 19 & he's 23. Is there too big an age difference?

There's this guy at my church, he's in the Audio/Visual department and I work in Youth Ministry. I used to work in A/V, and my old partner introduced me to 23 year old Justin. Ever since then, Justin and I say hi to each other every day, and now we are starting to build more conversation. He even introduced himself to my mom and sister. He's always watching me as I work with the kids, and will occasionally tell me that he thinks I should be in charge. I have definitely caught his eye, and he has mine. The only thing is the age difference. He's 23, and I'll be 19 the first week in January. Is it age difference too big?
  • Yes, 4 years is a lot
    Vote A
  • No, there age difference is fine
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I personally find the "half your age plus 7 rule" is a good standard to follow. I'm almost 24 and the lowest I would go it 19. Age matters less the older you get which is why this rule is great. It shows what's socially acceptable and what's not and doesn't let you go out of that. And if your relationship lasts, then the age gap will matter less.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not ideal, but not too bad either.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• *Their age difference, not "there." Anyway, why do these questions even get asked? This is really simple: Do you like him? Does he like you? Yes? Then why are you even asking this?

0|0
    0|0
  • I think anything more than 7 years difference is a little weird but just cause it's weird doesn't mean it's wrong

0|0
    0|0
  • Use the "age divided by 2 plus 7" rule.

0|0
    1|0
    • Huh?

• (23/2) + 7 = 11,5 + 7
      = 18,5
      The minimal acceptable age for his girlfriend would be 18,5. You're 19, so you're good.

• Works in reverse too

• Not at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • 23/2+7=18.5. you're good

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

Recommended myTakes