WHy hasn't he asked me out on a third date?

I met a guy from Tinder. He was not like the other guys, I finally felt that he is just like me, he was intelligent, funny, really cute-looking, and also a bit shy in the same time.. so perfect. We had 2 really enjoyable dates, talking, laughing a lot, still we both were a bit shy but it doesn't matter, its just the begginning... for the first time I feel that I really want to get to know HIM and he has my attention. On the end of the 2nd date we were kissing a little.. so I felt so perfect... But he hasn't asked me out for a 3rd one yet.. After the first date, I initiated the second, so in my opinion its "his turn".
He is not a big texter as I experienced. He is not online so often, not checking his messages every hour. Sometimes it takes half a day to the message to be "delivered" and then few hours to open the message, etc. So I didn't take it personally that we didn't text much. After the 2nd date (it was on friday) we texted until Sunday, and since then, he left me on read and doesn't reply, or ask me out...
He is a bit shy, he told me he has lack of self-confidence but I think I don't give him mixed signes or anything.. Should I text him just "whats up" or something like this, or just forget him? The chemistry was great, so I just don't understand this silence... I have been here before (men not texting me after 1 or 2 dates), but in those cases I didn't really mind it because I didn't really like them...
Guys? Any opinion?
I want him to ask me out, because I don't want to come across desperate or needy, always initiating everything... :(

05

Most Helpful Guy

• I say the best thing for you to do is just to message him "when can we see each other again". Depending on his response you will know how he feels about you. From what you've said though, it seems as if he is kind of a busy person so maybe he only likes talking to you when he can give you his full undivided attention?