Guys, Do guys find girls with a lisp unattractive?

I have a lisp and I’ve had it for a long time, considering I’m already in high school. I hate it so much and I overthink even saying the most simple words Bc I know you’ll hear my lisp
My friends say they don’t hear it , assuming because they have known me for a long time and are used to it.
But when I meet new people I’m scared to talk because I know they hear it and it’s so embarrassing.
Do guys find it unattractive or “childish” like if a girl has a lisp? Would you break up with a girl if she had one?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yea but you shouldn't let that bother you. First of all, you can work on that. Don't let anyone make you think a lisp can't be defeated with practice. Sometimes it can happen because of a problem with your mouth which can be corrected so bring it up with your dentist. They might tell you to go see an orthodontist or something.

I wouldn't break up with a girl because of her lisp because if I ever started dating someone then that means I'm already past it.

Personally though, you'd have to be a pretty rocking person for me to get past a heavy lisp. You should upload your voice

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• I had a girlfriend with a lisp of saying "hhh (r)" instead of "r".

I found it quite sexy! 😍

So just be yourself, don't worry about it!

As a plus, you can advertise as "yeah, I know this limp is my only defect". I would definitely jump on the first girl confident enough to say that, almost irrespective of her looks! 😍😍😍

0|1
    0|0
  • Particularly in your case, with the lisp being slight, it makes no difference to a guy who you'd want around. But even if the lisp were more pronounced, if he likes you, it won't matter.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've always found it attractive! It does of course come down to a personal preference in the end but your speech isn't something to be self conscious about, you can't control it so you should embrace it, anyone who deems you less worthy of their attention because of something so trivial isn't worth worrying about in the first place!

0|0
    0|0
  • This is 100% one of those "personal fears" being projected to the outside world. There's nothing wrong with having a lisp and people certainly won't break up with you about it. Maybe 5-10% of the guys won't dig it but find people who do. Another thing is that in highschool kids are immature, they can pick on things that are out of the ordinary (e. g. A lisp) but the majority. Will have no qualms about it

0|0
    0|0
  • I find such thing endearing, and if you endear a man in one way, you find everything else follows. You be you and just let it happen.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not really. If it doesn’t bother me within the first 5 mins of meeting them then it won’t bother me in 5 years.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, I don't mind it in the slightest. It can even be cute sometimes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I've known a few women with lisps and other speech impediments; I never cared... It's the nonverbal stuff that I pay more attention to.

0|0
    0|0
  • That be entertaining I'd be laughing all so yeah I would lol

0|0
    0|0
  • If it's heavy it would probably bother me but I usually don't notice lisps.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

Recommended myTakes