Why do guys HATE commitment?

Why do guys HATE commitment?

I'm not intending to generalize, but why do most guys take pride in cheating and having many girls?
Most of them love to play the role of "The Player" instead of the boyfriend.
why is commitment such an awful thing to them?
OMG people! everyone is attacking me over a question i made out of boredom and curiosity, relax ! pheeew
I'm also not trying to make a guy commit ( where the hell did most of you get that idea from)
anyway, i made this question because me and a group or guy friends were discussing it and they all had bad things to say about the idea of commitment so i wanted to know the opinion of other guys and girls about the matter

72477

Most Helpful Guy

• Most of my life I couldn't even face dating someone if I didn't plan on trying to get close enough to spend my life with them. I didn't understand how people could date casually, and even though I do now, if I find someone I love I wanna spend as much time with them as I can, especially if that includes the rest of my life

Most Helpful Girl

• Some guys are like that... some aren't.

If you go out with a guy for a while (like say a few months) & he is not willing to commit (even just a little, like as an exclusive boyfriend)... Then just move on. He aparently has that "grass is greener on the other side" complex... and no matter how beautiful, personable, & intelligent you are, he is still thinking there may be someone out there better for him... It has nothing to do with you or what you think you may be lacking.

When you run into that, it's just best to move on. Moving on creates one of two outcomes. One, he will see how he really loves you and commit. Two, he will just go on with his life and you can finally move on with yours. Either outcome is really better for you than staying with him.

Don't worry, some guy out there will see how great of a catch you are and be willing to commit... without you having to worry him about it. That guy will actually be worth it.

• She's right don't blame yourself, but also understand there's a good chance he just doesn't want to date "you"