Would you date your former teacher's son/daughter?

Just a question that crossed my mind based on something that happened recently.

I'm a high school senior and recently attended an event at the university I plan on going to next year. When I was there, I met a guy who's there for engineering and we talked a bit.

I thought he was really cute, so I followed him on Instagram... and found out he was my teacher's son! He has no idea, but it made me feel uncomfortable enough to unfollow him. I've just met this person, yet I already feel like I know too much because of all the stories his dad tells me. Now that I know who he is, the stories are kind of cute but I figure it would probably be awkward for him.

I think he's really cute and would love to get to know him better but I don't know if that would be a problematic relationship.

Additional context:
- he's 2 years older than I am
- I'm on great terms with his dad and plan on keeping in touch with him after I graduate.
  • Yes
  • No

54

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, no.
    to my favourite teacher she saw me as her son and given me good advice.

• So you wouldn't date her daughter because it would be like dating your sister?

• Take care.

• Thank you

Most Helpful Girl

• I know it feels awkward in the beginning, but it gets normal afterwards. At least for me it did. So if his dad doesn't have any issue with you, then it shouldn't stop you from dating his son.