Should I tell my boyfriend about his friend sexual harassment?

Hello,

So my boyfriend has this friend, we will call him JC, In the first week of school, JC sexually harassed me. I was not dating my boyfriend then. I reported JC to a school counselor and she told me that it was sexual harassment. It was really scary. JC and my boyfriend are really good friends, dare I say it, best friends. JC understandably makes me really uncomfortable to be around but he is a really good friend to my boyfriend (we have been dating for about 4 months). Should I tell my boyfriend about JC?

Also, another one of my boyfriend's friends (we will call him TJ) tried to ask me out in the beginning of the year and when I politely refused, he sexually harassed me and even sent me emails about his dick size on school email. And really just repeated overly-sexual, creepy comments. I have not reported him yet, but lately, he has been starting to do the same things again and I plan to when I am back at school. TJ and my boyfriend are friends and I also want to tell my boyfriend about this.

The thing that makes this all complicated is that I was raped about 3 years ago. I've told my boyfriend this and he has been extremely supportive. I don't want t to be "the girl who cried rape" and also I'm sure I am kinda sensitive to this kinda stuff so I want to be sure that I am not overreacting.

Should I tell my boyfriend? How would I tell him?

128

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not overreacting at all. Tell him, make sure you have any evidence you can to show him so he would understand that what you are saying is real. And you can even start by telling him you have been afraid to say anything since they are his good friends... But it's getting worse. So you just want him to know. Confide every thing, any details, tell him about the counselor saying it was harassment... And just be yourself and hear what he says. If he doesn't believe you... Girl, he's not the guy for you.

• Thank you for those kind words. I think I'm going to tell him when I see him. Having the emails with me to show him is a good idea.

• Girl, having been sexually assaulted myself, and remembering the fear of confiding to my ex, I understand your situation. I really hope it goes well for you. Good luck!

Most Helpful Guy

• You MUST report these guys to the authorities. Also yes, tell your boyfriend so he knows what kind of people they are. Tell your parents as well. If your boyfriend doesn't care, you need to be strong and leave him.

• That makes sense, thank you so much! Any suggestions on how I should tell him?

• Just be straight forward and honest. As the saying goes, "honesty is the best policy".