What are your thoughts on the INCEL movement and culture?

1052

Most Helpful Girls

• I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I feel sorry for them.

Sure, their comments about women are terrible, and I do not justify their actions. With that being said, what if you were rejected by a gender your entire life? You would probably want to shame that gender too. I'm sure most of these guys weren't always this bitter. Chances are, they were the smart/nerdy guys who were rejected, because they weren't popular, and are now raging against women.

Loneliness isn't something to shame, or mock at. Loneliness has a sitgma attached to it for some reason, and it pities me to see some comments on it.

• Here's my problem with these people & I've only just realized this about myself & from this point forward am working on this myself. These "nice guys", incels, etc. Is they only go after women for sex. (Which they claim assholes do, but they are literally only going after women they find attractive.) Personality, common interests, & what you can provide or bring to the table is what should matter instead. I generally feel I'm an actual nice person, just a little jaded in my thought process & how I view relationships & how my mind works. These men instead of complaining & blaming other people need to self reflect as I have & figure out what is wrong with them & improve themselves, like I am trying to do. It is nobodie's fault, but mine that I'm a 26 year old virgin, who's never really been in a relationship or even kissed a girl/woman. Until that day, these people will remain alone in their lives until they do what is needed. I don't feel sorry for them, they do it to themselves.

• As someone who never had a girlfriend, was rejected my whole life, and ended up as lonely as a steak at a vegan party, I thank you for your comment.
      Sure, I'm not as hateful and bitter as them, but let's say the fair sex didn't leave me a good taste.
      People find funny that people can't have a girlfriend, seeing them rejected is subject to mockery. That makes it even worse for them, because the world suddenly look against them while they did nothing wrong.
      And that is a terrible blow to confidence. You end up thinking that if everyone mocks you, then you're probably a terrible human being.
      I know it because it went like that for me. As a child I was extremely friendly, anyone talking to me was my friend. Then people started mocking me, I was ginger, I wasn't exactly the most good looking child. At first that made me angry, then shy, then totaly lonely. People don't mesure how much what they consider a "joke" is hurtful. Especially when everyone repeat it, for years.
      I understand those guys.

• @Guanfei I couldn't agree more with what you typed that is exactly how I feel. Didn't think anyone could understand it as bad as I do.

• I think its scary and kinda sad that these men turn all spiteful for not being able to get a woman. While I agree, there are women out there that suck, there's no need to think rape or murder is the way to go.

• Just pointing out, judging an entire community based on the notion that a single member did something horrible, and got media attention for it, is not exactly an honest thing to do.
      Case in point: The SCUM manifesto.
      The funny thing is that this book is STILL incredibly popular with feminists. It was written by Valerie Solanas, who later went on to kill Andy Warhol. I could make a case against the entire feminist movement based on this single person, and the fact that people are TO THIS DAY backing her views.

• @Cyhhgg
      1) Warhol's gunshot wounds apparently contributed to complications during the surgery. In a way, that's being instrumental to his death. But I admit, I was mistaken. That beinf said, intent to kill shows character flaws, regardless of whether the killing was successful.
      2) "you pretty much missed the whole point of what she was saying by providing the old addage of "not all men do this"."
      Except I didn't. She said:
      "I think its scary and kinda sad that these men turn all spiteful for not being able to get a woman. While I agree, there are women out there that suck, there's no need to think rape or murder is the way to go."
      Not only are not all incels like that - actually the vast majority of them aren't. Fun fact: chances are you were an incel at some point in your life. Inceldom is not defined by discontent for women.
      I am resentful of my own lack of success in dating. I qualify as an incel. And you calling me names is not fair in the very least - you don't know me.

• @Cyhhgg Oh, and I couldn't give a shit if I bored you. If you are so pathetically dependant on cheap thrills and hooks that you can't read two paragraphs without boredom, that says a lot more about you than my writing.

Most Helpful Guys

• Sad situation. There is no excuse for violence.

At the same time, it would be good if we as a society recognized that a lot of men (of all ages) lack guidance when it comes to the opposite sex. Men have to take a pretty active role when it comes to dating, and a lot of men are either not learning what that entails, or are being fed poor quality information.

• Yes!

All children should be taught positive ways to deal with rejection; unless you're very lucky, it's a fact of life, whether with friends, jobs or the opposite sex.

In general, you can expect a long line of rejecttions, before you find your place, and probably a few where you thought you had, but hadn't.

It's not always clear that it's OK to reject other people (gently), as well. You know it will hurt them, but if they've have been taught to deal with it, it won't be too bad.

• I find it tragic but also understandable to some extent. It's always a personality issue and it's so frustrating hearing them all complain about looks when 90% of the ones I have seen aren't ugly at all

• I couldn't agree more.. most of the ones that identify with this culture are not bad looking dudes.

• But a 30yo guy still living with his parents, and STILL hasn't saved a penny for his future, it not exactly attractive to a woman either. I sure wouldn't date a woman without financial security either. I can't blame the women for making the same choice.

• @bacca400 I am sure that is an issue as well but If we had to pin point the major issues with these men it would be social awkwardness and mental issues. They can't function normally around women and maybe anyone for that matter. Just look up some of these guys on You Tube. After listening for a few minutes you can tell immediately.