Would you date someone who likes using vapers?

Girl holding a vaporizer
Girl holding a vaporizer
So are you fine with dating smokers? If the answer is no, are you fine with dating someone who uses a vaper?
Vaporizer vs smoking
Vaporizer vs smoking
  • YES
    Vote A
  • NO
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guys

• No. I wouldn't. Vape fluid contains nicotine which is used recreationally. The only time I'm OK with using nicotine is for therapeutic purposes only: smoking and tobacco cessation. That's not unique to nicotine. Other deal breakers for me include alcohol, marijuana, or any psychoactive substance not used for therapeutic reasons.

1|0
    3|1
    • That's only IF you get fluid with nicotine in it. Plenty of people use fluid with zero nicotine. They just want the flavor, it's like a portable hookah.

• Show All
    • Thank you for being one of the more rational people I've encountered on the internet today.

• No problem! I believe that you don't have to agree with people to actually have a rational exchange with them.

• Of course some people don’t even smok but turn to vaping because of the tastes. I worked in a bar and the only way to get a break was smoking. The stress, the environment meant that I did have the occasional smoke. I thought how stupid this was and decided to get a vape for the same break benefits and calming from the stress of serving thousand of drinks to thousand of customers. THE QUESTION - if a girl vaped, fine. I’m not sure if I could say the same if she smoked regular cigarettes. I abhor the smell of them.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girls

• I'm dating a vaper. It's way better than when he used to smoke cigarettes, but I'd rather have him not smoke anything.

1|1
    0|0
  • The guy I’m seeing and I were both smokers when we met 6 months ago. We both quit smoking a month ago this coming Friday. He switched to vaping to get him over the hump with a goal to be off it completely by Halloween. Wasn’t going to walk away from him over that. I didn’t like the idea of swapping one habit for the other but ended up following suit after I used his during a huge craving and the nicorette inhaler just wasn’t cutting it. We are both slowly cutting back on our nic intake, no tobacco. We prefer it to kissing a smoker

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 97

• No, it's a dealbreaker

2|0
    0|0
  • It's not relevant to dating. Guys are FAR more interested in your level of attraction and desire for them. Whatever else you do is way secondary.

Besides, vaping doesn't stink like burning tobacco, nor does it have the 2000+ carcinogens. Relatively benign.

If a guy takes exception to a vape on occasion he's probly not a match.

1|1
    0|1
  • no because they do not value their health and i cannot be in a relationship with someone who stresses and feels the need to smoke to calm their nerves. Vaping is not healthy (contrary to what they tell you). Vapers used to be cigarette smokers, to be a smoker you have to be a particular type of person, ie someone with a damaged core who can't handle pressure. Sorry but not sorry, if you can't handle life without drugs, you're not marriage material. I do not want to deal with your mess.

1|0
    0|0
  • hm... i don't know, but i'll let you know after we go on a date lmao just kidding. my answer is no, i don't mind since i use to smoke and vape and vaping is always better than smoking, i mean at least it smells better than cigarettes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ha vape naysh yo! So yes, I have this odd stupid thing of finding females smoking and exhaling clouds of smoke or vapour "sexy", I think it comes from 1930-1940 starlets attractive and as most people did they often smoked ha

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I do NOT enjoy watching someone slowly kill themselves by inhaling smoke...
    If they vape, it's okay. As long as they don't make a big deal about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never understood people’s problem with vaping. Unless the person is obnoxious and blowing giant vape clouds in someone’s face then I don’t see what the issue is.

I have vaped using an e cig a couple times to cut down on smoking and not once has anyone said “you smell like vape”.

The stench of cigarette smoke can be smelled from a mile away though.

0|0
    0|0
    • Can i ask a question.. how is your dating game? I'm not trying to be a smart ass.

• Show All
    • The question was "Would you date someone who likes using vapers?"

Your responds was "I have vaped using an e cig a couple times to cut down on smoking and not once has anyone said “you smell like vape”

Who is "ANYONE"? ... are these girls you date that don't mind you vaping?

• @Ballin13 well I’ve seen girls say in their profile, no smokers/cigarettes or say they won’t date guys that smoke so I’d either not smoke around them or shortly before I’d be seeing them and vape instead and people can tell if a person smells like cigarettes but no one can smell a “stench” of vape.

• doesn't bother me... just one thing though... that pro vape poster is bollox. there is not enough research yet to say its totally safe and also surely less people on the planet saves the enviroment more than recharching a few batteries ;).

0|0
    0|0
  • I can't stand smokers and vapers. It's absolutely obnoxious having to inhale their smoke all the time.

2|1
    0|0
  • Vaping, smoking and chewing, are all deal breakers.

2|1
    0|0
  • I never thought about it - I am very wary of dating smokers - I never was that close to a vaper - The smell on a person who smokes I think is disgusting, does vaping have same effect?

0|0
    0|0
  • I vape sometimes, I used to smoke and now it's been like a year since I purchased a pack. I'd even date someone who smokes though.

I don't really understand the attitude people give about vaping.

1|0
    0|1
  • No. Smoking cigs, e-cigs, marijuana, whatever is a big turn off to me. Red flag.

0|1
    0|0
  • Id preffer a girl who doesn't smopke anything I'm linient with weed because like 75% of the population does it but I'd preffer a girl who doesn't smoke anything including vape

1|0
    0|0
  • I am repulsed Instantly by people who do bad things health wise to them selves.
    ( even thought it seems vaping is healthy it reminds me of smoking)
    Seeing that I've lost loved ones from diabetes and smoking and bad life habits.

0|0
    0|2
  • I would, I like the initiative she's taking to quitting cigarettes. I like to vape tree so if she likes that too then even better. I still don't know of any deaths related to vaping.

0|0
    0|0
  • vaping/smoking does nothing for me. also gives people bad breath, taste and poor sense of smell.

2|0
    0|2
  • Yes. Because I use one.

1|1
    0|0
  • Hell no, the only exception is if you're doing it to try and give up smoking. If you're doing it to look cool here's a PSA, you don't look cool

1|1
    0|0
  • No smoke vaping? From what i seen it makes like 1000x more smoke than cigarette. Both are annoying and unnecessary.

2|0
    0|0
  • I consider doing it to be dumb, unless you do it to get off cigarettes. So if you do it just for fun without a smoking habit you're trying to beat, then no I wouldn't prefer to date you.

0|0
    0|0
  • I hate smoking and vape isn't as bad but I don't want to be walking around with someone while they stop to smoke every 10 minutes.

0|1
    0|0
  • No.

Vaping is nearly as stupid as smoking, and it still gives bad breath.

3|1
    0|0
  • I hate anything to do with smoking. Its disgusting. I know people will say its vaping. I call it what I see. Smoke.

1|1
    0|0
  • No. There’s no tobacco in vapors but the stuff that vapors carry still have a lot of harmful chemicals!

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd tell them to quit being a pussy and smoke a cigarette.

1|0
    1|0
  • i don't care if she smokes vapes since they tend to have nice smells not really bothering me,
    on the other hand normal smokers are a big no no.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would date a woman that vapes. I smoke, but going to quit soon. Even after I quit, I still would date someone that vapes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Eh, I guess so. I mean, it's not smoking which I couldn't tolerate at all so there's that.

0|0
    1|0
  • I will only date them but would never commit to them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 50

• I don't like smoking or vaping, but i would be more tolerable of a vaper than smoker.

0|2
    0|0
  • Not anymore. My ex-partner used to smoke a lot and even introduced me to it, which I confronted him about because I was tired of it.
    So, no more smokers/vapers

0|0
    0|1
  • personally, I have nothing against vaping but I don’t think I could feel comfortable on someone who is dependent on something slightly adjacent to smoking.

Also, I like fresh air and the obnoxious fruity scents give me a massive migraine.

But power to you all, I understand quiting a bad habit is hard! Keep fighting!

0|0
    0|0
  • If they never did it around me, in our home-maybe. I just don't see the allure. And the tentative maybe it based on the fact I've never had a potential SO vape.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's just as annoying as smoking, in my opinion. So, I'd prefer not to date someone who does that. Especially if they feel the need to do it in public.

0|0
    0|1
  • No, no lung cancer please, and smoking is smoking, regardless of whether substance it is. Oh, and I think that they smell unpleasant.

0|0
    0|2
    • There is a difference between vapor and smoke.

• I think that's just an excuse. I did not say that smoke and vapor are the same. I said that the behavior of smoking is smoking. Whether you smoke from liquid, powder, or solid, smoking is smoking.

Moreover, the asker was asking if we would date a smoker, and I was just giving my opinion. If you like to date smokers, do as you please. That's not my preference.

And I don't give a dime to the thumbs down.

• When you smoke, you inhale the substance and you might exhale it as well. Same action right? The substance permeates, and whoever you're dating will inhale that as well.

• If they were simply a vapor, sure. Just don't blow it in my face.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not a lot of things are good for you. I prefer to have low alcohol types of cinder or beer. We not smoke or vape in any. I only got bought up with alcohol and fizzy drinks.

0|0
    0|0
  • That's not true. Vaping is killing too. There are other chemicals which kill you and others around you. And vape is not better than smoking.

0|1
    0|0
  • As long as they’re just using it for flavor and not nicotine it’s all good with me

0|0
    0|0
  • I voted no but I'm not sure. Depends on the person.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just dont like smoking in general. Anything smoke. Its disgusting to me. No offence but its my opinion

0|0
    0|0
  • yeh i dont smoke and thought i wouldn't like to be with someone who would smoke. my ex was a massive vaper and i actually didn't mind

0|0
    0|0
  • not preferred, but if i really like them and they don't do it near me, i guess i'm ok..

0|0
    0|0
  • Because I'd date with marriage being the end goal I wouldn't want my kids to grow up around a smoker. Second hand smoke is still bad for you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure. Whatever. As long as he doesn’t actually smoke.

0|1
    0|0
  • It is a big turn off for me. Eventhough i may be truly in love with the person, i wouldn't feel very comfortable kissing them.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't mind it. My mom and stepdad smoke 3 packs a day, so I'm used to it.

0|0
    1|1
  • I don’t mind as long as it isn’t bad for their health

0|0
    0|2
    • Vaping isn’t as healthy of an alternative as originally believed. It’s been proven to cause popcorn lung.

• Vapes are cool with me. I'm guessing their kisses taste better than tobacco kisses anyways

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm fine with smoking or vaping (I don't do either) it just don't bother me

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Ew.

2|2
    0|1
  • Nope. It still smells bad.

2|2
    0|1
    • Pff. Mine smells like cinnamon. The variety of flavors and tastes and aromas is basically endless. You may as well be saying that food, flowers, candy, etc, etc smell bad.

• Show All
    • You clearly don't know me very well.

Understood.

• I guess I don't.

• it looks stupid tho

1|3
    0|2
  • I don't care about either, to be honest.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd rather not. PASS!

0|1
    0|0
  • No it’s stupid

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn’t want to.