Would you date someone who likes using vapers?

Girl holding a vaporizer
Girl holding a vaporizer
So are you fine with dating smokers? If the answer is no, are you fine with dating someone who uses a vaper?
Vaporizer vs smoking
Vaporizer vs smoking
  • YES
  • NO

5299

Most Helpful Guys

• No. I wouldn't. Vape fluid contains nicotine which is used recreationally. The only time I'm OK with using nicotine is for therapeutic purposes only: smoking and tobacco cessation. That's not unique to nicotine. Other deal breakers for me include alcohol, marijuana, or any psychoactive substance not used for therapeutic reasons.

• That's only IF you get fluid with nicotine in it. Plenty of people use fluid with zero nicotine. They just want the flavor, it's like a portable hookah.

• Thank you for being one of the more rational people I've encountered on the internet today.

• No problem! I believe that you don't have to agree with people to actually have a rational exchange with them.

• Of course some people don’t even smok but turn to vaping because of the tastes. I worked in a bar and the only way to get a break was smoking. The stress, the environment meant that I did have the occasional smoke. I thought how stupid this was and decided to get a vape for the same break benefits and calming from the stress of serving thousand of drinks to thousand of customers. THE QUESTION - if a girl vaped, fine. I’m not sure if I could say the same if she smoked regular cigarettes. I abhor the smell of them.

Most Helpful Girls

• I'm dating a vaper. It's way better than when he used to smoke cigarettes, but I'd rather have him not smoke anything.

• The guy I’m seeing and I were both smokers when we met 6 months ago. We both quit smoking a month ago this coming Friday. He switched to vaping to get him over the hump with a goal to be off it completely by Halloween. Wasn’t going to walk away from him over that. I didn’t like the idea of swapping one habit for the other but ended up following suit after I used his during a huge craving and the nicorette inhaler just wasn’t cutting it. We are both slowly cutting back on our nic intake, no tobacco. We prefer it to kissing a smoker