He apparently likes me and stares at me from afar but also avoids me most of the time. What’s his deal?

him and his friend also always tell each other when I’m around like i’ll hear them say “oh there she is” anytime they see me at break times. i have a crush on him and it feels despite me being told by others he likes me, he doesn’t because he always avoids me and genuinely seems really uninterested, he does watch me a lot and stare at me from afar, when he thinks im not looking. and today I was sitting down with my class at lunch and two people had left the table, so I pulled a seat over next to one of the unattended seats so my friend could sit down and i realised that the empty seat was his and his friend was just watching me sit down staring at me, holding back a smile. It was weird. What should I do about this? We’ve been classmates for two months and him and his friend and the only ones I have never exchanged a single sentence with...

02