How can I stop being a needy and clingy girlfriend?

Recently, I'm being too needy and clingy. Like I'm always on whatsapp waiting until my boyfriend texts me. Or else I'm on other social media checking if he's active or I'm always on the phone. I know it's a turn off for a guy to have a needy girlfriend. But he's not needy as I am. He goes to gym, he goes to work and he lives his life and he texts me only when he can. I don't see any wrong in it. I just want to stop being needy. Help me

1439

Most Helpful Guys

• Get a life of your own. Find something you like to do and start doing it. If you don't, eventually you will wear him out and he will leave.

• At the same time I feel like he'll lose interest if I stop giving him much attention.

• Find other activities that interest you to fill your time. Clingyness is a Hallmark of idle hands and an idle mind. With nothing to focus on, you obsess over the next most important thing in your mind. So find something to do and that should alleviate the issue.

Most Helpful Girls

• This used to be me and when I say this is the most toxic behavior you can ever latch on to I mean it. Occupy yourself with other things and the best bet is to turn off your phone if you have to.

Delete the apps, watch a movie, or do something to take your mind off of him in the meantime till he actually comes around. You don’t want to be the type to not have someone text you and immediately when they text at 11:59 AM you’re replying at 12:00 AM. Pleaseeee 😂😂😂

Yes he’s your boyfriend but have some things going on for yourself just as he does so when you’re both not busy you can text each other during a reasonable time and have some interesting topics to talk about regarding your day not..

“I’ve been waiting by the phone for you all day” words or actions.

• I have the same problem now. He has his career and life going on while I struggle so much and I’m feeling left behind. But let me tell you this - get busy, trust him, be brave and take charge of your life! Trust is everything and right now in this lifetime it’s everything you can have. You have gotten so far because of all the movies and bla bla bla, what happens after the fairytale - it’s now. He is out there creating a good position for himself and you should not be lacking behind. You don’t want to be replaced by some other girl who is singel right now and thus has all the time in the world to work on herself. It’s very hard finding and keeping balance between relationship and your own identity. Believe me, in some way you are being tested. Get your mindset straight and see a life that is bigger than him.

• And also (hahaha) for me it’s constantly like a feeling of a break up, only to find that later when I’m with him it’s not. And what I’ve figured out so far is that I need to get over this feeling. I need to fight it like as it were a break up. We women are naturally more emotional, while guys are all over their strategy and position in life. All you can give him now is trust and be strong. Don’t worry about cheating cuz you are too good to be cheated on and if you work on yourself while you’re with him, you’ll just prove that you are his “the one” cuz you can grow together yet alone and he will fall in love again. Otherwise... he isn’t right for you aka you are better than him and are in position to get a better man than him ;) just pull yourself together, give him time, trust him and enjoy life as you did when you were little.

• In my case. I'm a law student. I'm having vacations. He's working somewhere. I just want to go back to my free self again. No stress, nothing.

• And I wish you goodluck too darling!