Do guys care if a girl is anorexic?

And doesn't eat?

I've tried everything to stay skinny healthy but it never works so it's a year later and basically I never eat and if I do eat, it's once a week and a piece of toast or an apple.Do guys care?At least I'm skinny lol

I don't care for the lectures.I asked if guys care you all could have put yes or not and that was final.I don't care if you think its unhealthy or whatever.my body

4968

What Guys Said 67

• Yes. It's not healthy and if my girlfriend was anorexic I'd be very worried and I'd lose a lot of sleep worrying about her and worrying that she'll be OK and worrying that maybe it's my fault that she has issues with her image.

And also, skinny is SO NOT attractive. Slim and toned, yes, but if you're anorexic you're going to be skinny, not just slim.

• No guy wants a girl with a disorder... I hope you get help and learn how to lose weight right... it CAN work.. Message me if you need help with it.

• I know I care. My girlfriend started doing that a while back. I caught on very quickly that she wasn't eating and when she was eating, it wasn't much. Best thing for you would be to just eat. Own up to it that you're human and feed yourself properly.

There are terribly ugly effects that happen when a girls not eating much. She gets bags under her eyes, her hair gets thinner and gross. Ever notice how the fat girls have great hair?

The trick to staying skinny without excess effort is to drink tons of water. It boosts your metabolism, and makes almost anything you eat burn right off. Sure you have to pee all the time, but you can still eat mostly what you want and keep that nice small body.

What guys really like is a girl with some muscle. Today's world is all about abs, toned legs, toned butt, toned arms. Everything is muscle based. If you want to look good hit the gym. The anorexic model is way from the past and completely unattractive in our new age.

• Yes. Because I'd be really worried and if you are too skinny like I can see your bones then I'm sorry but it just looks gross. I would still date you if you wanted to solve your problem though, and I'd help you with that :)

• I don't like when a girl LOOKS anorexic & is skinnier than she's SUPPOSED to be. Other than that, you're right it's your body & you need to be happy. If my Girlfriend was that way, I'd be concerned about her health & would like to find a way to make her happy without having to do it, but I would NEVER critisize, lecture or turn away from her because of it...

• yes I would care.

I want my girl to be active and healthy and mentally sound.

All that is affected by a healthy diet.

• Hey a**hole, you'll probably never read this because its a year later, but shut the f*** up. It often starts out as a conscious decision and it is NOT something that happens because of protein and cerebral blood flow imbalances. It IS a conscience decision, that's why its so much more likely in the States over, say, Africa. Because it is something that is programmed for young girls to believe from as young as 5 years old, that they are overweight. You should seriously read a f***ing book sometime, instead of spouting out sh*t that your girlfriend said. An "ACTUAL" anorexic doesn't mean sh*t, you sound so stupid. You're describing one case, your girlfriends, dumbass. They don't normally eat three meals a day, and eat far less than 1000 calories (generally speaking). She is neither stupid or selfish, you ignorant prick. Why would she have a personality disorder because she posted a question and happens to define something in another way than your narrow minded and ill informed self? Go f*** yourself. I hope you do read this.

• "Over a year agoMy girlfriend deals with chronic anorexia and at one point was down to 75 pounds (before I started dating her) and first of all, being anorexic is not a f***ing conscious decision. It is a serious mental disorder that is caused by protein and cerebral blood flow imbalances, also with other problems that have to do with the nervous system. It's a serious issue, not something that a dumb bitch like you can use to use as a f***ing crutch. And by the way, a girl who is ACTUALLY anorexic eats 3 times a day every day, but strives to keep her daily calorie intake under 1000. You're f***ing stupid and selfish, you've got a f***ing personality disorder, not an eating disorder. F***yourself "

Hey a**hole, you'll probably never read this because its a year later, but shut the f*** up. It often starts out as a conscious decision and it is NOT something that happens because of protein and cerebral blood flow imbalances. It IS a conscience decision, that's why its so much more likely in the States over, say, Africa. Because it is something that is programmed for young girls to believe from as young as 5 years old, that they are overweight. You should seriously read a f***ing book sometime, instead of spouting out sh*t that your girlfriend said. An "ACTUAL" anorexic doesn't mean sh*t, you sound so stupid. You're describing one case, your girlfriends, dumbass. They don't normally eat three meals a day, and eat far less than 1000 calories (generally speaking). She is neither stupid or selfish, you ignorant prick. Why would she have a personality disorder because she posted a question and happens to define something in another way than your narrow minded and ill informed self? Go f*** yourself. I hope you do read this.

• I think we all do.

• no its not attractive. id rather my girl be a little pudgy and athletic then skinny and about to die.

• That's unhealthy and shows that you don't respect your body. Why are you being so skinny, to impress others or yourself? From a technical standpoint, I don't care what girls weigh as long as they keep their bodyfat between 15 and 20%, then they are relatively healthy.

• skinny is a turn off and anorexic is a HUGE turn off.

• I'm pretty sure you mistook my answer. If my only two options are "yes" and "no", then my answer has no context. Without any qualification or commentary to frame that answer, you interpret it however you want.

The more complete answer would ask you to please work on the issues that cause your anorexia.

Every day you do it, you damage your health and make the people in your life who care about you

Sad and miserable. But then, that may be part of the plan, huh?

• You said no,which gave me the answer.You don't care,so you kind of agree or are OK with a girl being anorexic

• OK, I've re-considered and have decided that I do care.

I genuinely would like to know why you are willfully anorexic.

I can't understand why someone who, being otherwise sane and rational, would choose to slowly starve herself to death.

Do you have body dysmorphic disorder? Are you seeking to punish someone else by punishing yourself? Is it driven by OCD or some other pathology?

I can't wrap my head around it. It runs counter to the basest of biological drives.

• you already said you don't care so it doesn't matter:)

• Yes, I personally care if a girl is anorexic. Starving yourself to make yourself look skinny is not healthy at all and it can be a very serious disorder and it can screw up your body.

• Okay. But the pissy declaration that you're going to withold an answer IS a very telling answer.

Thanks.

• What?I'm just saying you already gave your answer you don't care so why push it?lol changing your answer to interrogate me won't make me actually believe you care

• yes they do care, but they also can try to help you, try to get better :(

It means your mind is sick, it is not making you any better looking.

Force yourself to get help, just do it! You will thank yourself later for doing it.

• Simply. Yes.There is nothing to hold onto, no t*ts, no ass, just like f***ing a plank.

• well if I was your friend I would be worried about you. true you are skinny and cute but what if a guy wanted to go out and eat to spend time with you? I honestly think that guys would care mostly and be concerned in a caring way about you

• My girlfriend actually thought i would like it if she lost weight. i told her no cause i want her to be perfectly sized, not too skinny, not too fat. in my honest opinion, anorexic girls are not attractive at all. You hate how your body looks so you get extremely skinny, but then no guys will like you because your too skinny. Life lesson.

• Yep, I prefer an athletic/full figure. Skinny can be hot too though.

• In my opinion it certainly DOES care, first cause of the mental issues she may have, secondly cause of the bad health, and third cause they end up looking sick, ugly and scary like skeletons or dead.

• Why do you do it?

• Why does it matter to you?you don't even care lol

• asker I wish I were you ya know why? license TO EAT HELL YEAH, but that's the only reason other then that your kinda effed.

• If alyou want is a "yes-or-no" answer, then mine is

No.

• yes!All of these people are stupid

• I meant no as in I'm not into the anorexic type. I actually pity them and if the girl is anorexic, they need to get help.

• If you look at the questioner's replies to these questions,it is plain that she doesn't give a sh*t about our answers, and she wants to justify her illness. Sorry, sweetheart, but you should eat something instead of trying to make yourself feel better. It'll certainly do you more good!

• No.

• So you don't care if a woman has an eating disorder & could potentially die? You are messed up!

• I care if you like to be skinny well that good :) don't put yourself down it what you want its what you like :3

• i kinda do care... I don't think I would ever fall in love with an anorexic woman. =/

• By the way, are you really anorexic?

"Anorexia nervosa also known as simply Anorexia is an eating disorder characterized by refusal to maintain a healthy body weight and an obsessive fear of gaining weight." -- Wikipedia.

if you are, then I can't really say anything else.

• I personally find it extremely attractive. Thinness reallly is the best quality.

• No

• you disgust me..

• This girl knows she has a problem and cares enough to ask other people what they think, of a total stranger who has a MENTAL ILLNESS and almost every person here has given her abuse for it. I am not promoting it but I feel that she shouldn't just be discarded by society because of it. So on a site intended for help, You all shot her down. It is often caused by bullying or insecurity. How much have you people helped. YOU DISGUST ME.

• My girlfriend deals with chronic anorexia and at one point was down to 75 pounds (before I started dating her) and first of all, being anorexic is not a f***ing conscious decision. It is a serious mental disorder that is caused by protein and cerebral blood flow imbalances, also with other problems that have to do with the nervous system. It's a serious issue, not something that a dumb bitch like you can use to use as a f***ing crutch. And by the way, a girl who is ACTUALLY anorexic eats 3 times a day every day, but strives to keep her daily calorie intake under 1000. You're f***ing stupid and selfish, you've got a f***ing personality disorder, not an eating disorder. F***yourself.

• Just for the record, anorexics don't all eat three times a day, every day. And their calorie intakes differ too.

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 49

• i mean I'm not a guy but think: who wants to hug skin and bones? it is nice to look delicate but the though of being so thin that a hug could actually break someone is just really disturbing

• dos palabras: GET HELP!

• well if he really cared about the girl then he would care its dangerous

• all guys that iv been with have told me that its annoying or stupid, or just unatractive when I say I'm not ognna eat, or need to loose weight. be confident in yourself, and guys will like you more.

• that's disgusting.

• If you still look good , then no one is going to care that much ..:D

• Hun try eating healthy fruits and veggies. It will keep you healthy and healthy looking without putting on weight. If you don't eat healthy and take care of yourself your teeth will rot, your hair will fall out, nasty bruising, and adventually you could die from it.

• Who gives a f*** if you're skinny? WHAT MATTERS Is YOU'RE HEALTH! And not eating is UNHEALTHY! So before you go out looking for guys and all that crap GET HEALTHY FIRST! Starting with mental help. You'll be so much happier once you're healthy (body and mind) trust me I've been there...

• yes most would care..they want someone healthy

• AHHHHHH DISGUSTING!

• To answer you question:

->Yes, guys do care. They want you to be healthy. Anyone who doesn't is a jerk, even jerks care.

From personal experience:

->I've been there and I know it's hard. I'm still recovering. I'll never be the same. My heart is messed up, my bones are frail, and worst of all I will never be able to have my own baby because it would kill me to be pregnant. You don't want to end up like me. I had to quit everything I loved and spend months hooked up to an iv in the hospital. I'm going through intensive therapy and no one looks at me the same anymore. My friends eventually got sick of it. Guys who didn't know me were disgusted by me. I honestly looked like death and I'm surprised I'm still alive.

To prove my point:

->My guy friends tried to force-feed me...multiple times.

->Even one of the biggest jerks I know started bringing me a lunch so I wouldn't have an excuse to skip lunch.

->The boys I played sports with stopped trying because they told me they were too afraid they would break me in half.

Now a lecture (I know you said no but just read it):

->Please please please try to get healthy. You don't want to end up like me. My life sucks. I almost died because I wanted to be skinnier. I was naturally a zero and I still thought I was fat. Sometimes I wish I had died. Please get help. Think about what it could mean for your future. Don't you want a future? Don't you want to be able to have kids? Don't you want to keep doing the things you love? Please just consider it.

• despite popular belief, most guys want a girl that CAN eat

• They do care a lot... I was anorexic for a few years and when I met my boyfriend three years ago he didn't know about it. But I eat more because I really liked him and I didn't want him thinking I was weird or anything. This past summer I told him that I was anorexic after we have been going out for 2 and 1/2 years. He said "I know, that's why I always make sure when we go out or we're together, you eat" Since than I've cut back. The only reason why I don't eat now is because I'm just too lazy to go make food or I'm running late.

But to answer your questions, guys do care a lot & if you get lucky enough, you'll find a guy that will be sneaky enough make sure you eat even if you think he doesn't know you're anorexic.

• you answered your own question. you wanted guys to give you their opinion and they did. and you pretty much gave them a nasty attitude and mind your buisness and changing your answer to interrogate me won't make me actually believe you care. if they care they and some guys might be bullsh*tting. you still asked and they still gave you answers you were just acting like a bitch because you didn't like what you heard. sorry buit its the truth.

• No,he gave me his answer and he only changed it so he could interrogate me.It was a yes or no question not an interview with me

• Ohh your in deep sh*t girl, I just spent 3 years and $10 000 fixing my skrewed up digestive system that was the result of my anorexia. I missed out on my teen years and that I can't get back.

And I said for 4 years "It will never happen to me" well buckle up girl your in for the worst few years of your life and it's torturous because your not going to die...it's MUCH worse, years of constipation, a bloated stomach, hair falling out, suicidal thoughts... I'm sorry I can't help but laugh, I can't believe I was as stupid as you.

I'm eating now, my digestive system is working now, I'm thinner than I was, I am sure as hell hotter than I was, I have the sweetest boyfriend, I have finally started uni, I am happier then I've ever been and my ass fits in my jeans!

Yes they care, they want to be with someone NORMAL., YOU ARE NOT

they want to be with someone with a future YOU DONT HAVE ONE

they want to be with someone who can bare their children, thus YOU NEED UR PERIOD

How do you expect them to love you when you can't love yourself

I know you don't care for lectures because when I was at your stage of anorexia no amount of yelling or bribery would get me to eat a damn thing and I functioned just fine. But your day will come and please alert me when it does because I could use a good laugh.

Idiot

• If you've been through this,why would you think that calling me an idiot would help?You think that's going to help me or make me stop?you're wrong and a huge hypocrite.I truly hope you can't have kids or die bitch

• Lol! I liked your answer for some reason, it was brilliant.

• haha reading it now I actually thought it was kind of mean. But its so true & had 2 be said. When I was ano I was surrounded by people trying to sweet talk me out of it, they were 2 kind & nurturing. I needed someone 2 literally whack me out of it & be the asshole I was being 2 my body.

Anorexia is a type of psychosis theyre deluded into thinking what they're doing is OK. They need sum1 2 make them angry & feel some raw emotion. But they won't change until they hit rock bottom, like drug addicts

• I struggled with food issues as well but I'm glad that I don't have a problem with eating anymore! And I can say: guys do care! They tend to feel uncomfortable around you when you have these issues..

• They do care. I personally think they'll think its pathetic that a girl is willing to risk her health and LIFE in order to look "skinny".

• I have had a lot of success with eating healthy and working out. High protein, low carbs, and cardio. Starving yourself will be worse for your metabolism in the long run. Try an omelette. Food is good for you... I'm not saying eat pizza and donuts.

• I am anorexic by myself, and I wanna stay skinny)) In your case, I wouldn't tell your boyfriend that you are one of them, because he might freak out or something. Why should your relationship suffer because of this? If he likes you and you like him-be happy!) However, being anorexic is not very beneficial(cause you gonna have problems with health, with your parents who wanna you to be healthy and give birth to your "future" kids, live active and long, with yourself cause anorexia never gonna leave you in the future and you always will be upset with you image) BUT IT IS REALLY ONLY UP TO YOU! YOUR FUTURE) YOUR DECISION)

p.s. Guys Do love skinny girls all the way round, and there is almost no exception to this rule:)

• If you put as much effort into working out as you do now in avoiding food and hiding your anorexia you would be way more attractive and healthy. Eat before you ruin your life.

• 114 is perfectly healthy. & You guys freak out. Anorexic is like saying flowers- it means nothing on its own. People are super thin & super healthy. You are getting derailed calling it a *mental disorder* but talking about weight & food. If she's has anorexia nervosa its a mental thing, if she's just anorexic she's thin & it doesn't mean she has problem.

Obesity kills far more people than low weight. If you must be hyperbolic, yell about all the crap produced called 'food' while people are starving.

• People can be*super thin &super healthy*Fat & sickly,Just right & psychotic. Weight is one piece of a huge puzzle& Freaking out makes it no more or less important.

MANY MORE People die in the world- they have NO food-not because they choose to not eat &you get hung up about some people wanting to be thin. Big deal people have their own brains- they can use them.

Some1is willing to threaten their lives it doesn't stop just cause they eat. Its not a food problem,& most are just thin- not terminal