What does it mean when a guy says you look intimidating?

I just need some advice, growing up I was the fat girl in class. Guys never wanted to talk to me and that’s ok, I never blamed them. So many friends and relatives used to say “you have a really pretty face, if you lost weight, oh my god you’d look amazing”.

Recently over the past year I managed to lose 70lbs, while I’m still going I look a hell of a lot different than I did before. Now people treat me different, friends, relatives etc. they say things like ”how are you still single, I bet you have all the boys chasing after you”. Typical stuff.

But guys still won’t talk to me. I smile a lot and try to act friendly but guys won’t really take notice. I then asked my straight guy friends and they said “it’s because your intimidating. You look a lot different than you did before plus you have a look of “I know what I want and you don’t have a chance” which isn’t the look I want to put out!

But I don’t consider myself in the same league as all the other girls I see everywhere, they are so pretty and gorgeous. But at the same time, what does it mean? Am I too much to handle or something?

11