Is it bad to kiss and hug your boyfriend all the time?

He wants me to kiss him and cuddle less. It’s not that he doesn’t want to at all but apperantly I do it too much. Like every time we watch tv, I always lean on him or if we chill in bed, I’ll snuggle.

He says it worries him because it makes him feel like I feel like he’s gonna leave. He thinks I’m not comfortable with him.

which isn’t why I kiss and hug him at all. I do it because I love to kiss and cuddle with him and it’s just my love language. I just have an urge to do so. We’ve been dating for a year but I still feel excited about him.

i don’t mind doing what he wants. For example, he wanted to just lay in bed on our backs or sides and just talk. It felt nice.. But I don’t feel like I know how I’m supposed to kiss and hug moderately without feeling like I’m too much 😐😶

What do I do?
am I too much?

2357

Most Helpful Guys

• If your boyfriend is like me then too much touching makes you uncomfortable, it's like someone entering your personal space all the time and you have to step back when they step forward. It's nice to have affection but too much can be draining.

• How do you say this to your girlfriend without hurting her feelings or sounding like a weirdo?

• @LeoElias hah

But to the anon dude, thank you!

• It's not bad but there can be a time and a place. My girlfriend is the same as you: she hugs and kisses me all the time. I'm probably not a great example because I'm generally not a touchy-feely sort of person. However, there are times that are more appropriate than others. Last night for instance she started hugging me and kissing me while I was eating and just before that she'd been doing it while I was trying to work.
    I don't mind hugging her and I don't mind kissing her, and I wouldn't want to tell her not to do it because she isn't doing anything wrong, it's just that sometimes I'm in the middle of something and if she were to wait 15 minutes then she could have my attention.

• Nah you're a good example! At least its good to hear from another point of view. he's the same he says there's a time and a place but thing is we are alone when i do it and he wanted less of it still. I do do it all the time but even so i give room for us to be individuals and i dont understand why cuddling why watching a movie is annoying.

Most Helpful Girls

• oh I have this issue too. my ex boyfriend thought I was too clingy, but I am not clingy tho, I am affectionate. I like to hug, kiss, cuddle, etc. In several months when we started dating, he seems happy with all the affection. But then after almost 3 years, he changed. I need to ask him everytime I want a peck form him, like asking his permission.

I think I need to find someone who is as affectionate as me. Not clingy tho. I think it will be nice to have mutual feeling and affection towards each other rather than one sided.

• You are not doing anything wrong. You just got with someone who isn't as affectionate. Really it shouldn't be all on you to do it less. It should be a compromise of you trying to do it less and him trying to do it more. A good relationship isn't making one person change to meet the others needs. It's a compromise where both change things they can. I would talk to him and try and make him understand that.

A lot of couples make that same mistake when they have different sex drives. The one with the low sec drive expects the one with the high sex drive to just deal with them not having sex with them that often. And it's wrong. Both need to compromise and adapt.