How would you react if your blind date told you she was transgender at the end of the date after you both agreed to see each other again?

Do you guys know what a blind date is?

1348

Most Helpful Guys

• I would express my disapproval of their manipulation and advise them to always start the conversation with that information.

People are either going to accept their condition or they aren't, and the only thing they are going to achieve by delaying that information is wasting their and other people's time.

• 1d

The thing is; once someone lies to you about who they really are... literally, it's even harder to trut them about anything! Right?

• 1d

@DocilexElle Well, yeah.
      I guess that even in the case when someone is ok with dating a transgender person, the transgender person is only shooting themselves in the foot by being dishonest.

But then again, most transgender people lie or avoid talking about their identity because that is very much a part of their psychological condition.
      They want to be seen as normal people, and going around openly talking about being transgender would undermine this illusion that their mind believes in.
      They choose to believe that if someone doesn't accept them being transgender it is *their* behavior that is the problem, not the behavior of the transgender person.

• 1d

Agreeeeeed!

• Complete dealbreaker and that person will also be blocked.

Most Helpful Girls

• I mean a blind date usually means they both don't know anything about the other before agreeing to the date. So it's not like the transgender person lead them on or anything. However I think they should make it clear from the Start that they are transgender

• That's a difficult one. I'm quite sure I would still go on the second date. If it turns out that I'm not very bothered by it (meaning I don't focus on 'wow you were a woman') and if he has a nice personality, is attractive, ... then I'd probably have some questions about what his private parts look like at the moment, if he is thinking about making more changes to his body, etc. If I don't notice myself having a weird reaction or focusing on that rather than personality, hobbies, ... I'd go for it.

• 1d

Would it be harder for you to trust someone who didn't tell you from the jump--OR do you feel that since it's a touchy topic to begin with--you would understand why they didn't come clean? Are you pansexual; do you not care that he could have a vagina instead of a penis? My point is that you couldn't really have sex with a "man" the normal way if he doesn't have a dick. You could do a strap on... but still... would you really see this person as a long term partner if they lied to you?

• 1d

@DocilexElle Oh no, you didn't, don't worry. I apologise if my reply made you think that!

• 1d

it's all good, girl! :)