How do u feel about slut-shaming?

Some girls and even guys get slut-shamed because of their fashion choices, they date a lot of people or simply because they reject a someone... So how do u guys really feel about slut-shaming? I personally think that people who go around slut-shaming, or simply focusing too much on others should get themselves a life cause what others do is really none of their business.

Why do people slut shame others
Why do people slut shame others

4274

Most Helpful Guys

• I have never done it and never will!

Makes no sense. I mean if a guy has lots of sexual conquests he is a stud, everyone likes him and wants to be him. I never, EVER, heard a guy get slut shamed. If anything they recive high fives. And believe me they don't care if girls call them players, because that fame actually atracts more girls.

Pass to the girls side and if she has a lot of sexual conquests she is called a slut. Girls start to outcast her, guys look at her as damaged goods and not a high five in sight.

So what if a girl wants to have fun? That does not make her lose value as a potencial date! She can a have many past partners and be an incredible and loyal girlfriend.

More often than not guys who do this actually resent her for not for them and girls feel jealous they can't do the same. So girls have your fun and to hell what everyone thinks or says!

• for not going for them*

• guys may not get shamed, but they can definetly get rejected for it, i don't like manwhores and i wouldn't date one.

• @emmily2396 I have a friend that is a manwhore as you call him. And this topic came in conversation one time. He said more a less this:
      - I already had girls that rejected me because they heard what I had done to a friend of her's. But I also had girls coming to me saying "I heard what you did to that girl, do it to me!".

He gets rejected for it no question, but also gets some because of it so he couldn't care less.

• I don't think that pointing out a fact of a thing, no matter what the thing is, equates with "shaming." That's dumb. If a person who happens to be short is called "short," that isn't "short-shaming," whatever the fuck that would even mean. If a girl is called a slut, and she IS a slut, and she views that as a negative, she always, you know... has the option to not be a slut. That's up to her. If a statement of fact is seen as "shaming," then the problem is with the fact itself, not the utterance of it.

• And what gives u the right to point it out? I mean if they choose to live their life that way then it’s their choice, which is none of your business. I’m just saying that you should focus more on yourself and your life rather than other’s.

• That was just an example, doesn’t really matter who does it or who the one getting attacked is. My point is that people should just be more respectful towards each other, because no one is really getting hurt by how some people dress or act. But of course cheating on someone or breaking up another relationship is another story..

• Thanks for MHO

Most Helpful Girls

• Slut
    (Noun)
    -a woman who has many casual sexual partners.

Has another definition yet it’s not-so relevant.

It’s fairly common for the subject to be correlated to fashion choices despite it having no relation to it at all. ‘Slut’ has been used quite frequently by both women and men.

People who use this term to address women/men by their clothing of choice simply lack knowledge as we evidently know it equals to the individual’s high number of sexual partners.

But does the term apply to every semi-naked woman/men?

>Not really, unless you are wary of the number of casual sexual partners the individual has had.

E. g: It would be relevant to call a prostitute a ‘slut’ as they tend to have a high number of sexual partners.

Like @s2firestar suggested:

You don’t need to say anything unless it’s affecting you personally.

• Shaming others is just hate. Why waste time with something so negative if you are trying to have a good day? It's good to be discerning, but judging other people for the choices they make and looking down on them is a form of disassociation (possibly linked to superiority complex) that is not helpful or beneficial to anyone. In fact, these imperfections and challenges that we face are what expand our soul and teach us deeper lessons. If someone has something to say about what others are doing, that person talking shit is just hiding from facing themselves in order to make themselves feel better. Find compassion for them, yourself and lets all just try to move on. We can all focus on bigger issues together <3

• @xccccccwc I don't know, I don't have a 3 year old son.

• @xccccccwc I'm not a mom, I don't have experience on this subject. I only speak from experience, I wouldn't feel right just making assumptions.