Why is dating so rigged when it comes to looks?

Why is dating so rigged when it comes to looks?

Updates:
13 d ago
Studies say other wise

0|2

Most Helpful Girls

• Unfortunate but looks are your first impression to someone, and it is hard to get to the next step if you aren't liking what's in front of you. It's one thing to nitpick, nobody's perfect after all, but there has to be some level of physical attraction, or at least the potential to see more.

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to do online dating. I was bombarded by losers and only dated the best guys who usually were dating loads of other women.

0|2
    0|1
    • 12 d ago

So attractive men then thanks for confirming my suspicion.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes dating is rigged in the favor of women now that you know the truth now what will you do?

0|2
    1|3
    • 13 d ago

Nothing left to do but accept reality I can only pray that i'm able to live a single life without being driven to madness.

• Show All
    • 13 d ago

@PrincessGrail Hang yourself please you would be doing the world a favor.

• 11 d ago

No... let her eventually be raped by one of the pretty boys

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls & Guys Said

• I don't care what people say in YT videos. In real life, go sit in the mall and watch the couples pass by. Some of them are beautiful, some of them are ugly, and most of then are average. Whatever your studies "prove" the fact is that most women find partners for LTRs, so many of them are settling down with average and even below average guys. That is reality.

2|3
    0|0
    • 13 d ago

That's a false reality i walked up to many women and been given a stupid reaction why do you keep trying to feed me false bs? I grow up believing confidence is key when in actuality it's a load of garbage. That's like given a wooden vest to soldiers on the battle field and telling them that it will protect them from bullets and artillery rounds

• Show All
    • 13 d ago

Women are capable of destroy a man 'confidence' period the problem lies in their lies.

• 13 d ago

You have made the problem quite patent.

• So instead of working on yourself, let's spend time trying to convince others that they just need to give up like you. Misery loves company. The Beta mating call for other beta's has commenced.

You are misrepresenting the OKCupid study. If guys don't bother to take decent photos then guess what.. they will not appear very attractive. I look at hundreds of profiles a week. Dark, blurry, far away, red eye, just got done washing the car, burgers in their mouth, etc etc... these are the photos that women are supposed to rate high?

Most good looking guys have really great photos because they have really great self esteem and are willing to invest in some. Funny how that works.

The 1st video does not represent the average dude. It represents a dude who has no STYLE. Cut that fucking hair off already. Stop dressing in over sized clothes that make you look dumpy. I mean come on. That is all for show!

Women are supposed to be attracted to this guy? I don't blame them one bit. Guys need to step up! The only thing that is rigged is men's sensitive beta male psyche that embraces shit like this instead of stepping up!

2|3
    0|3
    • 12 d ago

Exactly. If guys don't care how they look why should we?

• Show All
    • 6 d ago

@Number39 Yes that is true. Coach has it right though. It's not the men that are being judged it's their photos they post. Are we supposed to imagine that you might look better if you tried? Nobody got time for that.

• 6 d ago

@IamLisaSmith I suppose thats also true as well.

• Attractiveness, even perception of looks, is affected by other factors, so while attractiveness is decisive, it's not all about looks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks are not everything

2|1
    1|5
    • 13 d ago

Studies say otherwise.

• Show All
    • 13 d ago

That’s just one woman’s opinions

When asked if the Pope should participate in the World War II peace conference, Joseph Stalin (the guy who said that quote) said “And how many combat divisions can the Pope field?”

Old Joe may have been an asshole, but he always kept it real.

• 6 d ago

Pay attention to the chart a lot of women think this way the guy literately laid out evidence for you.

• Dating is not rigged. Dating is what YOU choose to do and how you choose to date. If you care about looks, then don't be upset when that other person is not attracted to you. If you don't, and they do, why are you trying to DATE THEM? Don't be an idiot, move on. That's what I say. I don't care what the studies say. Statistics can only measure the choices others make. It doesn't make it authority.

0|2
    0|5
    • 13 d ago

Non of that made sense to me.

• Show All
    • 6 d ago

@Number39 No Solution huh, but your part of the growing problem. I've moved on YEARS ago. And getting better because I let go. You haven't let go.

• 6 d ago

I haven't let go of the truth if that's what you mean then I agree

• It isn't. The trouble is that when you look at those kinds of things you tend to think too logically about it - with the wrong kind of logic. I'll explain.

When it comes to male attraction to women, it is mainly about looks. Personality matters obviously, she has to be a decent person for the guy to like her, but looks are the main thing that attracts a guy to a woman. With the example of the "Take Me Out" show, if you put 30 attractive men on there judging a woman and the woman was of the same level of physical attractiveness as those men, she'd get the same results.

When it comes to female attraction to men, it's a lot different than male attraction to women. This is where most guys get the wrong ideas.

A show like "Take Me Out" is heavily based on superficial traits. Those girls make quick decisions based on his looks and a couple of short rounds where he does some kind of trick, or some video from his friends and family. You see girls turn their lights off over the dumbest little things. It's just a silly game on TV, it's not what happens in real life most of the time.

The same goes for online dating. Online dating, especially sites like Tinder, are also heavily superficial. When it comes to women, they might turn a guy down simply because he didn't take a good picture, or because he's a bit shorter than she'd like, or earns less than she'd like. But again, that isn't what happens in real life.

When you meet someone face to face you see them as they are. Some people for example don't look good in pictures but they look good in real life - many also look good in pictures but not in real life. So there's that.

There's also so much more that goes on in a face to face interaction that is missed with online dating. Body language, mannerisms, vocal tone, other non-verbal signs that tell you a lot about that person's personality. This is why, if you have the confidence, it can actually be easier to meet someone face to face. Online dating is just pictures and words on a screen, face to face interaction is so much more than that.

Women tend to make decisions emotionally, more-so than men. They don't think as logically as men do. This isn't an insult to women and it's not a bad thing, it's just how they work.

When women list off qualities that they want in a guy, they're speaking logically. Usually there are hidden meanings behind those preferences that maybe they aren't even conscious of themselves which I'll also explain.

She might say that she likes a guy who is:
    - above 6' tall
    - outgoing
    - funny
    - successful in his career/ambitious

Guys, being too logical in their thinking, will see that and take her at her word. "Oh she only dates guys over 6', I have no chance". In reality, she ends up dating guys who don't fit that description all the time. Why? Because even though they didn't fit that description, they still had some appeal to her on an emotional level.

Here's what I mean by hidden meanings: she says she likes a 6' tall guy. Why? Ask most women why they want a tall guy and they'll say "it's because he makes me feel safe". Key word: FEEL. They like to feel safe - this also lets them feel feminine around him. Now imagine they meet a much shorter guy who makes them feel safer than another guy who is 6 foot - it will have the same effect.

She likes "outgoing" guys. What she means is that she likes confident guys. A guy who is introverted, maybe not such a big talker, but who is highly confident, is often going to be just as attractive to her as an outgoing guy.

An average looking guy who is intelligent, funny, confident, masculine, makes her feel safe etc. Will be more attractive than a pretty boy who doesn't have those qualities so much. It's more about the "feelings" with women.

This is why you shouldn't take any of those things, whether they're studies from OKCupid or women listing their standards, as seriously as most guys do.

0|0
    0|0
  • Then stop being unattractive. Whatever can't be solved in the gym can be solved with money--which can be earned by working hard. Your entire appearance is nothing but a choice. That's the truth.

0|0
    1|2
    • 12 d ago

My facial features/Skin color is a choice? That's new and if I gain any money it will be solely for my living purposes and not attractive someone life sucking gold digger.

• Show All
    • 12 d ago

Why would I spend that kind of money and that's ridiculous it's not much of a choice if that same surgery cost 90k in USD and you do know that white men are seen as more attractive to the world right? It plays a major role.

• 12 d ago

As for the cosmetic surgery: So? Work harder > make more money > buy it.

As for race: Maybe that's true of white girls because everyone tends to prefer their own race. Maybe it's even true for Asian or latina girls, because they are the "middle races" if you will, so depending on region they might look more similar to either white people or black people. This would be especially true if they grew up in a predominately white area, otherwise known as most of the U. S. It's definitely not because "the world" deems white men more attractive (whatever the fuck that means).

Either way, girls of your own race will always be a viable option, and if for some reason, you're completely closed off to dating them, that's your problem and frankly you no longer have any right to complain.

• maybe the majority of men on okcupid is just ugly xD

0|1
    0|2
    • 13 d ago

Tinder also have the same results...

• Show All
    • 12 d ago

They want comintment from the hottest guy they can get the same hot guy who can get another women with the snap of his fingers? Lol they are quick to open their legs for that type of guy.

• 12 d ago

exactly but "the hottes" guy are not very many guys and that's why women find so little men attractive. men just fuck whoever spreads their legs so they like way more girls.

• Of course it is in favor of women.

Women bring men to dating sites. More women means more men which means they make more money. Dating sites are in it for the money and no other reason.

0|2
    0|0
  • Being ugly isn't what dooms you in dating, being insecure does. No one and i mean no one finds that attractive.

1|0
    0|0
    • 13 d ago

Actually in a video a guy pretends to be insecure and the women still fell for him versus his unattractive counter part so not that's not true at all.

• Women rate men lower in physical-attractiveness because men don't put as much effort into their physical appearance as women do

0|2
    0|0
    • 12 d ago

Men don't lather the make-up on so that's a bad excuse.

• Show All
    • 12 d ago

You rate the natural beauty of women way too low. A lot of women are pretty without anything on.

• 12 d ago

That is absolutely TRUE. I see hundreds of men's profiles a week and most of the photos suck. So why should they be rated higher then SUCK? They shouldn't.

Men's photos are blurry, red eye, far away, sunglasses and hats, burger stuffed in their mouth, drinking at a bar acting stupid, etc etc... Yes so attractive. No wonder they scored bad.

• Women want to maintain the "BIG LIE" as long as possible... I covered this perfectly already. Women would happily date a convicted child rapist if he was handsome.

0|0
    0|0
    • 11 d ago

by the way I LOVE the pathetic boys who blame other men for women being shallow. "LOOK WOMEN, I ATTACKED THE OTHER MEN FOR YOU.. PLEASE LIKE ME!!!"

• Women are probably more attracted to an average guy if he takes care of his body and looks like a Male model, lol. 😂

0|0
    0|0
    • 12 d ago

So he's not average then is he?

• 12 d ago

ha ha ha! x)

Sure he's average, he's just a average guy who exercised. In reality, you could look like a male model, but be ugly in the face to her.

• So... how's that body positivity movement going?

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm dead average and have no problems.

0|0
    0|0
  • Because most people are shallow perhaps... or is it just a human nature, aka natural selection?

0|0
    0|0
    • 12 d ago

It's natural for 90% of men being deemed unattractive? Please i'll stick to the first option.

• 12 d ago

Okay, I guess we agree on that :)

Recommended myTakes