Are average guys just out of luck when it comes to LOVE?

Also... what can average guys do to increase their dating market value? Let us know below.
  • YES
  • NO
  • It depends
    Vote C
  • see poll
    Vote D

1535

Most Helpful Guys

• No, I don't think so. There are many things that an average guy can do to increase his success.

When it comes to dating market value:

1) Lift weights

Lifting weights is one of the easiest things a guy can do to improve his success. You don't need to be huge, just get into good shape.

2) Dress better

The average guy dresses like shit. Sometimes they try to dress well but they dress like children or they end up looking gay. Often they also wear clothes that don't fit well.

3) Get a better job. This is an obvious one that most people are already trying to do.

4) Have hobbies if you don't have any. Some kind of sport, martial arts, music, art, outdoor stuff. Whatever you think you'd be genuinely interested in.

Basically you can become slightly above average looking and be viewed as more of a catch if you have other stuff going for you. The average guy works a boring 9-5 job, goes home and watches TV, maybe plays video games, and maybe goes out for a drink at the weekend.

In general though I think that too many guys today focus on "status". Men are naturally more logical than women and this is just an example of that, and I think it's a projection of the male way of thinking onto women. A proper understanding of women and female nature helps a lot, and that means snapping out of this mindset.

It's a bit of an autistic way to look at it too, like some guys think that everything is math. A man has to earn a certain number, a man has to be a certain height, a certain number of men have sex with a certain number of women.

It seems logical that women would want a guy with those things, however attraction doesn't always fit that kind of logic. When I first met my girlfriend I was living at home and I didn't have much money because I'd just quit my old job and started a business. At the time I was driving a beat up little van that cost me £500. Before dating me, she'd gone on a date with a rich guy who showed up wearing designer clothes and drove a brand new sports car. She ended up with me instead.

Autistic red-pillers would be baffled by the above because like I said, they think too logically with everything being math. Women think more emotionally than men do. That guy was higher in status than me, but he was unable to make her FEEL attraction, and the reason she ended up with me despite this was because I was able.

As StingRayxoxo said in her comment average looking guys can have better personalities, be funnier, intelligent, more likeable etc. A girl who isn't just a gold-digger is more likely to choose a man with these traits over a good looking rich guy who does nothing but try to impress her with his money and things, but who otherwise is quite boring or maybe even a bit of a dick. Because those things she mentioned have to do with the way the guy makes her feel.

You've mentioned in response to someone else that women don't NEED men anymore, and I assume that what you mean by this is that women don't need a man to provide for them. This is true. Maybe using things such as wealth worked better in the past than it does now because of this.

Now it's more about emotions. Not so much being this overly sensitive, kiss-ass "nice guy" who "shows her that he cares" with romantic gestures and whatnot. But a guy who is confident, who can make her laugh, perhaps challenge her a little bit, tease her, create sexual tension etc. This is what game is basically.

This is why "bad boys" win over "nice guys" who according to the whole "status" idea should do better on paper. It's not because they're better looking or earn more money and make better long term partners, it's just that their "not giving a fuck" behaviour creates more of an emotional reaction for the girl.

You don't have to be a "bad boy" to succeed, but just understand that it's less about the logical stuff.

• 10 d ago

average looking guys can have better personalities, be funnier, intelligent, more likeable etc.

This is true and myself and my clients are proof of that. The problem is it's only a fraction of what is really going on out there. Most average guys don't have better personalities, have a sense of humor, or are more intelligent.

Most average guys don't think they have to improve or even get to that level. They just think because they are a MAN they should be able to have anything they want with no effort. And when that happens to not come true then soak 100% of their energy into MGTOW.

Which is fine by me. That is where they belong.

Great comment... great detail. Much appreciated!

• 9 d ago

Annnd rep pill saves the day. Honestly, we need more red pill guys out helping black pill guys.

• 4 d ago

I don't agree with the men who have the "don't think they have to improve" mindset.

• Average guys belong with average girls, its as simple as that
    Most guys when they are young have an idea girl in mind, but they aren't able to get her, because she is out of their league

Men need to have realistic expectations when dating. I am average, and I dont have too many problems when it comes to finding love.

• 10 d ago

You really make pizza?

• 10 d ago

Food trucks are tough. Originally our taco truck was a hot dog truck, but all the workers in the area were mexican.
      So I convinced my boss to let me make tacos. It worked out for 3 months, but I quit because the conditions sucked.
      We didn't have the logistics down. You need a good business model to make it worth it.

• 10 d ago

Yeah no doubt! Makes sense to me.

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't follow your logic. Most people fall in the average category and simply observation proves most of us average people don't have problems finding partners. We'd have countless average single men chatting to single women about how they never meet single people.

• 10 d ago

Women are much more successful these days and don't really need MEN to be honest. So of course their standards and expectations are much higher now. Average women are not going for average guys. They feel as if they deserve a much higher status guy now and let's face it they can afford to be picky.

Women have great careers, great social lives, and certainly aren't going to settle anymore for the average guy.

• Not at all. I tend to think average looking guys have better personalities-- funnier, more intelligent, and generally more likeable.
    Are average looking women out of luck?

• 10 d ago

Average looking women are scoring 9's and 10's. They are successful, they have their own life, their own social life... average looking women today aren't going for the average looking guys. This is why I am trying to shine the light here... men need to step up it's a different era.

• 10 d ago

@Logorithim lost in all this is length of time together.
      I don't look at women with a checklist. And i would steer clear of any woman that would. I'm not a revenue stream, i'm not a social status symbol, i'm not a nanny, and i'm not an accessory. What i am is a man of my word. I don't have all the answers but i never quit searching for them. I'm blue collar raised, and will always be blue collar regardless of my financial situation.
      These women coach talks about i'm sure they find the guy they're looking for and i'm sure she checks a lot of hos boxes as well but the minute he finds a woman that is a better fit he moves on. And sometimes she does as well.
      I'm sure these people will have a lot of "successful" relationships. They may even marry a few times. And if that is what we deem as success in this world than i want no part of it. :)

• 8 d ago

Absolutely not, average women tend to be more humble and intelligent, which are both attractive traits.
      And not to mention, plenty of smart and beautiful women think of themselves as "average"