Things Teachers Need to Consider While Teaching Their Students

If you ask a student what makes him/her successful in school ?. Most of them will give credit to their teachers. What students gain from a successful education institute usually centers on a personal connection with a teacher who instilled passion and inspiration for their subjects. It's difficult to measure success, and in the world of academia, educators are continually re-evaluating how to quantify learning. But the first and most important question to ask is : ARE TEACHERS REACHING THEIR STUDENTS ?.

Things teachers need to consider while teaching their students.

Here are few things successful educators do differently to create a connecting link between students and them.

CLEAR OBJECTIVES : In the world of education, your objectives for your students acts as a road signs to the destination. Your plan is the map.

SENSE OF PURPOSE : Teachers with a sense of purpose can ride above the hard and boring days because their eye is on something further down the road.

JUST GIVE THEM THE BEST : In teaching profession, you must have patience.

LEARN THE ART OF LISTENING : A teacher who never listens to students will ultimately fail.

EXPECT STUDENTS TO SUCCEED : This concept is similar for parents as well. Students need someone to believe in them. They need a wiser person to guide them and believe in them.

SENSE OF HUMOUR GETS YOU CONNECTED : Humour and wit makes a lasting impression. It reduces stress and frustration, and gives student a chance to look at their circumstances from another point of view.

BE JUDICIOUS WITH YOUR PRAISE : Students need encouragement, but it does no good to praise their work when you know it is only 50% of what they are capable of.

Students deserve your love, your care, your patting, your attention, your support, your appreciation and above all your presence as a TEACHER.

1313

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 13

• I like how this myTake seems written with sincerity. :)

I've observed a tendency that seems inevitable during Teacher's Day. I've observed that teachers who have a distinct sense of humor get more gifts from students compared teachers who do not incorporate humor in their teaching style. I think this is because teachers from the former category are able to make memories linger among students compared to those from the latter category.

I myself would more likely give an appreciation letter or present to teachers who exhibit both a witty sense of humor and a remarkable way of imparting lessons. Connecting through a sense of humor is also connecting to prospective friends and family.

• 5d

Nice. I admire a person who has the patience and ability to get through to kids and especially teens.

• 5d

Too no yelling, not insulting the student, not telling them they would never do good and would fail their years, etc..
    I had the worst teacher of all in high school.

• 4d

Teachers should be strict but they should also be fair. There's nothing worse than having a teacher that can't control the class.

• 4d

If the student's don't fear discipline at home from bad behavior at school... the ENTIRE school (not just the teachers in the classroom) are just fucked from the start.

At least here in California where we can't hit the students!

As the classic saying goes... educations starts at home.

• I think one of the most important things is understanding that each child comes from a different household and that you'll never truly know what they're going through.

• I think what is important is making sure everyone gets some one on one time. Teacher to student conversations one on one helped me so much. Be there for them and let them tell you what they need to learn. I have a learning disability and being able to have contact like that with a teacher is important.

• 5d

They also shouldn't humiliate a student merely asking for clarification and a question. It doesn't matter whether you're old or close to menopausal stage.

It makes student become disinterested in the subject and rely on self study rather than the teacher since they become afraid of being humiliated if they ask for something they didn't quite understand.

• 4d

That's why I never ever make a student feel bad for asking a question. Every student learns a different speed and in different ways.

• 5d

No yelling please, it hurts our feelings.

• 5d

Someone should tell this to my 10th grade math teacher.

• 5d

No yelling

• 4d

As a substitute teacher for all grade levels, I disagree. Yelling should be a last resort, but sometimes it has to be done.

• 3d

Very true

• 5d

good

• why have you gone anonymous?

What Guys Said 13

• 3d

A lot of teaching mind you comes from the parents. The parents need to install the values of education, discipline, manners, and all other things. Teachers teach school required subjects, parents have the rest.

• 2d

As the classic saying goes, "education starts at home".

I substitute teach in two different cities with two different demographics. I can tell you right now that the home culture of the students, more than the teachers themselves, is why one district is overall more "well-behaved" than the other.

• 2d

It is good to hear you are this wise about this at such a young age👍

• 2d

@Prof_Don Thank you sir! I really appreciate that!

• 6d

Teach kids who do not want to learn your subject with respect, in many cases government and public school system forces children to learn things that they don't care about and won't find helpful in future.

Often that's a structural problem or just circumstance where certain classes cannot be filled. But keep in mind that it would be overall better to let students have a free period to do homework and coursework rather than basically treating them like shit.

I had this experience as a kid, I remember being forced to waste my time on learning foreign languages at highschool when I could have used that period for other things. It took fighting with the teacher before they dropped their ego and let me have a free period to do my other work in.

Never once used french/German in my life, never will. Wasted valuable time in my childhood while brain was best capable of learning new things with absolutely trivial shit when I could have been learning thing I liked and cared about.

Any teachers who support that should throw themselves off a cliff.

• 6d

Thank you

• 6d

Thank You

• 5d

Thank you

• 4d

Tough but fair! I had a communication arts teacher in middle school with a very serious problem! She accused me of cheating during literature. I was always getting work done ahead of time to save some time because my autism causes me to process slowly in different ways.

• 2d

Nice

• 5d

Be fair

• 4d

Very true

• 4d

Excellent take!

• 4d

id guess there sanity

• 5d

I believe inspiring and engaging the students is most important. Without this they won't want to learn in the first place

• 6d

Teachers need to consider if the student's parents are the kind of retards who don't believe in evolution.
    I'm a scientist.