My Thoughts on Procrastination

I_Do_Mind

Forewarned - I am not advertising procrastination here I am speaking against it, it is not a good habit to keep!

I am perhaps an expert when it comes to procrastinating I mean I am the one who put the pro in procrastination, I do it all the time, have been for as long as I can remember. I think it is human nature. I am procrastinating right now, writing a MyTake instead of reading Herman Melville's Benito Cereno for class. I am writing this not for comments but for a little self reflection on my part because this is not a good habit.

My Thoughts on Procrastination
My Thoughts on Procrastination

I have to be honest though, do not copy me, but I seem to do my best work when I wait last minute. The fear of not making the deadline pumps a quick high dose of adrenaline in to my veins that makes me care about the assignment more than if I had done it a week in advance. I pay more attention to producing something that follows all the guidelines and will sincerely impress someone.

My Thoughts on Procrastination

So like when I procrastinate to study for test I do end up feeling like I would have gotten a better score if I would have studied when I was supposed to instead of the 20 minutes before the test begins, but it is like I said a habit, I always do this, I have never studied on my own a week or even 3 days before a test. Just yesterday I studied the power points literally minutes before the test, which most students spent calming down and getting into that test taking mind set. I did get a B on the test but I wonder if I would have gotten an A if I would have studied. And then I wonder why I do this to myself.

My Thoughts on Procrastination

I have found that nothing is more motivational than doing something last minute because the panic is that invisible force that pushes me to actually do something productive. I should not brag about this but my best works were done with in an hour and my grade remained intact with a few incidences like pop quizzes that came around to slap me into reality that this is not cool and that it is a risk, but that risk, that thrill of living on the edge is rewarding all by itself.

My Thoughts on Procrastination

So yeah my family considers this unethical and convinced me to see behavior through the teachers' and professors' eyes and then I started feeling bad about my actions, and they said that school and especially college is not a game. In college you receive a syllabus and this opens the option to work ahead, I mean way ahead. But to be honest I barely look at my syllabus, I just wing it, which is horrible. I do not know what it will take for me to change. If you are reading this and you are young or do not procrastinate do not start now. My family says that only geniuses should be even considering doing this because they naturally know the information, so I do not know what I am doing procrastinating, I am definitely not a genius.

My Thoughts on Procrastination

I guess I am lazy, but aren't we all to some degree. That still does not make this acceptable, if a large group of people robbed a bank, would you? Than why let the thought of a mass participating in the act of procrastination comfort you?

My Thoughts on Procrastination
My Thoughts on Procrastination

So......

My Thoughts on Procrastination

or something. (there is always something you could be doing that is more productive and beneficial than watching cat videoes and making a post on your social media account)

My Thoughts on Procrastination
My Thoughts on Procrastination

And that's MyTake on procrastination.

My Thoughts on Procrastination
2
3

Most Helpful Guy

• Logorithim
    Entirely due to my procrastination, I work really well on tight deadlines in a lot of cases, but when it is something I really dislike, I am strangely motivated to get it out of the way.
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• Richareens
    Honestly I agree with your points on why you procrastinate. The adrenaline rush is just addicting for some reason!
    Is this still revelant?
    • I_Do_Mind

I know right, I am an adrenaline junkie perhaps. I like to live on the edge.

• Richareens

Same here, hi-5! 😂

• I_Do_Mind

Hi-five Lol 😂

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

21
  • Darknut123
    I'd rather hurry up bust ass get the shit off my desk and have extra time to surf the web. Long but easy day
    • I_Do_Mind

I should start doing this, way to go for you for already doing this.

• ShesAmerican
    One time i forgot to do my homework at home so i did it in class while the teacher was collecting it
    • I_Do_Mind

That was so me on so many occasions, I think everyone has done this at least once

• jeeeeez man it gets hectic

• KateBR
    I do procrastinate a lot, but I suffer from it after a lot. I try to stop this bad habit
    • I_Do_Mind

I suffer as well you are not alone :) I am trying to think of solutions to this myself. Thanks for reading and commenting, your response is greatly appreciated

• KateBR

Thanks :) I am glad, I am not alone