How to Avoid Work Drama

You spend 8 hours or more of your day at work five days a week. You see your co workers more than your family and friends. You even develop relationships with them because of the amount of time you spend together a day. Work gets you sucked in its crazy schedules, deadlines, projects and everything else that drives you to the brink of insanity and stress including the drama that makes everything else crazier. It’s like you’re constantly in one of the episodes of The Office or The Days of our Lives. Let’s hash out the ways to dodge drama in your workplace.

How to Avoid Work Drama

1. Don’t date anyone

To avoid heartbreaks, lover’s quarrel, and jealousy or be slapped with a sexual harassment complaint from HR, just don’t even try to find love in the workplace. Whenever a co worker tries to flirt or make advances, ignore and walk away from it before it even starts. Or if you do find love there which is highly possible as affairs and marriage started in the workplace, rethink of getting a new job somewhere else. Don’t lose your managerial position just because the temp makes your heart swoon every time she bends over to make photo copies for you.

How to Avoid Work Drama

2. Don’t be a snitch

Nobody likes a snitch even at the workplace. People will know whose job is to watch everyone’s move and directly reports to the boss if things don’t go their way. They are so absorbed into watching everyone that they forget to do what they’re supposed to be doing - their real job!

How to Avoid Work Drama

3. Don’t be the boss’s pet

Remember the teacher’s pet in school that used to get good grades because they follow the teacher like a lost puppy? The pet got a promotion or a raise because they worship the ground the boss walks on. The boss says jump, they ask how high. Not a pretty scene.

4. Don’t be a kiss ass

This is like the twin of the boss’s pet. This one also idolizes the boss too much showering the boss with gifts, flowery compliments and offering personal favors to be in the good graces of the boss.

How to Avoid Work Drama

5. Don’t talk about your personal life too much

Nobody needs to know what you and your wife were fighting about last night or how many times you and your husband had sex in the past few months or your sister in law is getting divorced. TMI. You are making your personal life the subject at the water cooler or in the lunchroom. Just keep your personal life under wraps.

6. Act your wage

Don’t act like a manager to your co workers if you aren’t. Nobody likes a wannabe boss. If you are a manager, act like one and live up to your title by not being too chummy with your subordinates. Being friendly is okay but don’t get too personal with them, making them forget you are still their boss and work has still to be done.

How to Avoid Work Drama

7. Don’t be the target

Work bullies prey on the weak. Once a bully sees you as prey, drama is bound to happen. Before they even strike, make it known you’re no one to mess with. Surround yourself with people who give positive vibes and are beneficial in your daily duties.

How to Avoid Work Drama

8. Don’t be a bully

Bullying is rampant in workplaces as some people don’t outgrow this nasty behavior. Never use your position/title or your cliques to harass or intimidate your co worker. You could end up losing your job if the victim retaliates.

9. Mind your own damn business

Sure juicy gossip is irresistible but it’s best to mind your own and don’t poke your nose where it doesn’t belong. Stay in your lane.

How to Avoid Work Drama

10. Don’t be the source of gossip and drama

Don’t be the infamous go to person for drama and gossip. It is not a good image for you to hold in the company. People will start avoiding you because no one wants to be associated with a drama queen or the shit talker at work; guilty by association. Whenever some shit goes down or some scandalous gossip is circulating at work, they know who to pinpoint – you.

How to Avoid Work Drama

Try to steer away as much as unwanted and malicious attention from you. You come to work to make money so do your work diligently and efficiently. The only attention you’re going to get is from your boss with your job well done and hopefully get a raise/promotion in the future that you deserve. Stay drama free :)

How to Avoid Work Drama

Thanks for the time reading, hardworking people!

XOs Pinay_Ako

1415
Pinay_ako is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girls

• I don't have a job yet, but this was a pleasant read anyway. It sounds just like school but the people are older.😂

• say louder 👏🏾

Most Helpful Guys

• All are definitely great ways to avoid drama you must be at work exactly at this moment huh. Lol😎

Join the discussion

1213
  • Where I work there are some boss pet coworkers and also some kiss ass as well as they are the ones in the bosses "circle" so theyget away with many policies and rules that others coworkes if they are not in their circle we can't get away with it.

Also currently at my work we have one couple, but they dont work in the same department but even so, our company is so tiny we are jsut like 30 employees and our offices are so small, that is like that couple work next to each other.

In the past the guy in that current couple used to be the boyfriend of another coworker and now they no longer exchange words or even in speaking terms. And the current girlfriend does not speak or exchange conversation with the lady who used to be her current boyfriend girlfriend.

Imagine that this guy former girlfriend now is married and have a baby but when she was pregnant and already broken up with the guy, we all thought the baby daddy was the guy coworker, but it urn out he was not the babys daddy. That was because in the period this lady coworker and the guy had broken up a the lady had a fling with a friend and got knocked up by her current husband.

What a mess

• Great one Ms Pinay... you have outdone yourself once again! :)

• Just keep to yourself make small talk but dont talk about your personal life. too much , just focus on work and getting a paycheck , dont have sex with anyone at work cuz it Just turns to drama , just joke around but domt. get. to out of line and pretty much watch what you say cuz some people dont have a sense of humor and take shit to seriously

• 6d

Well I guess I'm lucky cause I have no personal life so no juicy stories for coworkers to dig into and spread around the office. Still, they always tried to find out if I had a girlfriend or wife.

• 6d

maybe they want you hence they're curious about your lovelife, Mr. Mysterious

• 6d

No in that job I was the only single person in my team lol.

• 6d

Beautifully Done, Hun... I work at Home But it is Out there, Been There. xxoo

• 7d

Yeah, but toxic people will still target. I have been a recipient of this behavior and I was fired from my last job. Ty

• Good one! Where I work right now, there's only 6 of us and all guys. So I have no worries about trying to date anyone from work. lol. Not into that.

• 6d

All my manager does is complain about work. Or talk about her personal life. And I can't stand that bitch honestly. New manager , horrible first impression idgaf about her farm! 😂 oh n I found out she's rude behind my back. Co worker was telling me stuff she said to her about me. Glad she did but now I get irritated everytime I see my manager. She's fake. Doesn't know that I know what she said about me. I stay professional but I'm looking to quit just because of that

• 3d

I mean, true, but this seems like common sense to me.

• 7d

Same , I do my job and only socialize with who I truly need to socialize with and that's my boss.

• 7d

Yup whoever signs my checks are the only ones I need to deal with. Anyone else don't matter lol

• Actually I worked at a place where a lot of people dated, and several wound up married.

• 7d

I spend 95% of the day by myself, so the only drama I have is me. Lol

• I'll comment properly later but seriously no one here is good enough to date 😣😪😒🤒
    And you know me I'm the office gossip lol

• I work with some nice people. I work in retail and that’s hard enough dealing with needy customers. I own up to my mistakes and my managers are always nice about it and remind me to do better next time and ask questions when I’m stuck, which I usually do. Luckily the mistakes I’ve made since working here were fixable. I make minimum wage hourly but the salesmen and managers here are on commission for the amount of sales they make. So when a customer has a question or issue, I just direct them to a salesperson and then they can do their job of fixing it. My job is relatively easy. There’s very little drama here which is nice.

• Good Question staying out of it and keep it in front of you so you know where it.

• 7d

I mostly ignore it and steer clear of it as much as i possibly can

• 7d

Good Take ;)

• LOL that's totally my list of Do's at work.

• simple solution: dont work.

• ORRRRR! just dont go to work

• 4d

Good points. Thanks for the take.

• Good take..

• 5d

This is a good read

• Yes 100% great...

• Have sex with all of them