6 Hot Actresses/Models Deemed Too Unattractive To Make It

1. Lea Michelle (told at age 13 to get a nose job asap)

Hot Actresses/Models Deemed Too Unattractive To Make It

2. Chrissy Teigen (told she was too fat at a Forever 21 photoshoot early in her career)

3. Jessica Chastain (told to go blonde)

4. Winona Ryder (was told to go back to school and quit acting forever)

5. Kat Dennings (told to tan, tighten up her teeth, dye her hair, lose weight...)

6. Lizzy Caplan (told she wasn't pretty enough for the WB network)

2526
LittleSally is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Lea Michelles is gorgeous and im glad she kept her nose as imperfections can be what draws people in. Jennifer Gray did snd her career swan dived.
    2. Chrissy Teagan hasn't a pick of fat on her, the modeling industry us just a cruel place that turns gorgeous women into a runway casting of the walking dead.
    3. Jessica Chastain thats the little girl from Narnia i think. She actually could go blonde and still be pretty kinda like Emma Stone
    4. I actually think that Winyoa Ryder did actually go back to acting school, there has been a load of movies she was in in the 80's early 90' where her acting was criticised but she got a pass because she was young and hot.
    5. Always like Kat Dennings but won't go into two "reasons" why but seriously she has a pretty face but though not fat she hasn't got the body type that Hollywood normally likes to pump out of their blonde bimbo factory. She's short, pale, dark haired, rosey lips, voluptuous with an outstanding rack, im surprised she actually has a movie/tv acting career at all..
    dont know the last chick im awesoming news presenter here in America who I think always look like someone jammed a giant stick up there.

• Oh you should have mentioned Keria Knightly, I think in some of her orginal movies her lack of boobs was an issue.

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone saying that they're ugly... I'm just like wtf no they're not. They're just not as attractive as other celebrities are. This is what wrong with the world today people have such high standards for people because everyone that's on tv and social media are made to be perfect and if their not then people call them ugly.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 25

• Where are the men, now, that are told to put on 50 pounds of muscle or fat for a movie?

• Ummm... we're talking about general look forever, not an actor prepping for a part.

• @Falling4UTC You would never say anything about it. Naturally, especially on GAG, if someone unilaterally brings up woe-is-me-by-association bullshit, someone else is going to go "ahhhh, arentcha forgetting something. Exactly why is it so irritating to you for someome to bring up males? It was a simple question. It would be impossoble to write a MyTake about male actors? Because men don't matter? If you say that, I will respect you for it and go "okay". Otherwise, you're deluding yourself.

• Fucks sake you took this out of context.

I have nothing against bringing up mens issues. By all means, do so.

But do NOT start spewing bullshit just because it suits you. This take is about five women who were told theyre too ugly or whatever to make it as an entertainer.

Not five men who were told to beef up to play a part.

Five women who were discouraged from persuing their career.

Not five men who were discouraged from playing a specific role.

If you want to bring up a separate issue, do so in your own take. Not somebody elses.

• Lea Michelle and Kat Dennings are the only ones attractive here, and always have been to me, especially Kat with those boobs. The other ones are pretty plain, yeah. But I wouldn't say they need to change themselves or anything.

• That just shows that some producers, directors, and fashion people have no clue what real talent or beauty really is. They think that beauty is size 0, blonde hair, blue eyes. That is such crap. I personally like a woman who is confident in her body no matter what size she is (skinny, curvy, etc).

• I don't find them attractive but good for them for not resorting to surgery or caving in to whatever people expected them to do.

• With all due respect, the only stand out here is Jessica Chastain but she doesn't even get leading roles. Very talented supporting actress, none the less, in very high budget studio films.

• jessica chastain did get an oscar nom for best actress for zero dark thirty. she is absolutey beautiful in my opinion and a solid actress.

• 5 is the only attractive one in the bunch.

Also this isn't the right site for this kind of post.

• Winona Ryder is one of my favorite actresses... but I also like Kat Dennings and Lizzy Caplan. Very good Take :)

• Winona Ryder still seems like she would have been a Manson girl if she was older...

• Today's society has too much of expectations and places too much importance on the looks..

All of them are pretty in my eyes...

• Chrissy Teigen fat? They really said that? She is like a stick now. She could have been thicker before, but I can't imagine it.

• Don't know about Fat, But Cristy Teigan is very unattractive with pretty nice tits.
    The rest are great though :)

• I know a lot of ugly people who have made it.
    Like these ones for example.

• It's OK, I know how it feels. I've had girls tell me similar things. Lol!

• these women are ugly to be honest.

• all of these women are pretty.

• It pisses me off when girls think they're hot

• It pisses me off when you guys say they're ugly.

• @99percentangel From centuries?

So if I'm confident, I can get a hot girl? I'm confident in my bedroom abilities and ability to make money and gain muscle mass.

• I'm pretty sure beautiful people know they're gorgeous. Not only are they reminded every day by everyone. They get paid for it too.

• what about jessica beil?

• The selectors are fucking weed fan.

• Well such a shame. Totally.

• Gotta LOVE Kat Dennings!

• More from Guys
    5

What Girls Said 24

• These girls are not that pretty in my opinion. Only Winona and Kat Dennings are hot.

The rest aren't hideous, but they're about average. Call me shallow, but I prefer sexy models. I don't want to see someone who looks like me in panties lol I want to see someone hot, so I can make believe I'll be hot too in them.

That's fucked up though that they told a 13yr old to get a nose job lol wtf is wrong with them?

• I'm surprised that these women are considered ugly to guys on here? They're definitely above average and I've always thought Winona and Jessica were drop dead gorgeous. Sad how anyone who isn't conventionally beautiful is automatically considered ugly... Makes me feel sad for all the average women out there if these women are truly considered "ugly". I guess I officially look like a horse's ass!

• https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=usyTz7gOn8Y#

I love this. I also love Kate Winslet in general lol

• Its pretty sad that these women were told these things. This has been going on though for many decades even in the 60s! Apparently some people in Hollywood dont know beauty when they see it. They would rather everyone look like a skeleton with blonde hair and perfect teeth and a tan.

• I personally don't find lea michelle attractive in the very least and the other ones are just not my type, but I think they're pretty... some more than others e. e

• Omg! Who tells those thins to Chrissy Teigen. She is damn hot, and beautiful and her body is good not too skinny not fat at all. Not near f of fat. and Lea Michele is really cute and talented plus she knows how to dress. Even though Ryder had controversial scandals she is a very good actress.

• Chrissy Teigen was told that she was too fat? TOO FAT?

• I saw a video on this from the YouTube channel Nicki Swift. 😄

• Yeah, me too. Not sure from where, but I remember I saw it too. How do you 'cite' things on here? (Although it's too late now. Too bad there aren't 'edit' options.)

• Yes basically :)

What they took it down? :o

• Yeah. :(
      But I think that was before it was alright to cite sources... It was a long time ago.

• How could anyone tell a 13 years old to get a nose job? -_- smh

• God people are assholes. Thankfully these women are now successful. I don't consider any of them to be ugly.

• But they are really pretty, wtf is wrong with society? @.@

• Chrissy Teigen doesn't belong on the list!
    This just goes to prove that everyone is full of hatred.

• Maybe that person was telling Winona to go back to acting school, in that case, they were right. 😂

• There is nothing wrong with these women but there is a lot wrong with today's society.

• yeah, when i was 13, people told me to get a nose job and im just like:"FUCK YOU!"

• lea michelle is the only ugly girl in this list but she have a nice voice

• Kat, Chrissy and Jess <3 Love them!!

• I laugh at those who told them that.

• good take!!!
    i like Kat dennings

• More from Girls
    4