Just wanted to share some favorites. Feel free to add your own favorites below.
1. This isn't a kissing book, is it?
The Princess Bride cam out in '87 when I was 8 and it perfectly echoed my views at the time.
2. "Live with a man 40 years, share his house, his meals, speak on every subject. Then tie him up and hold him over the volcano's edge, and on that day, you will finally meet the man."
This line from Firefly pretty much sums up Humanity.
3. "If you believe that God makes miracles, you have to wonder if Satan has a few up his sleeve..."
For an emotionally color blind guy Dexter sure found a lot of Drama.
4. "Look, if you're gonna jump, jump! Otherwise, use the bridge like everyone else. You're screwing up traffic down there."
Kuffs is an underrated Christian Slater film. Think Ferris Bueller as a Cop.
5. "It's mine, ya understand? Mine, MINE, all MINE!, get back in there!, down down down!, go go go!, mine mine mine! MWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"
Daffy just RULES!
6. "My name is Dug. I have just met you, and I love you."
That's what having a good dog is like.
7. "One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know."
Can't say I ever liked Chaplin but Groucho always made me laugh.
8. "You make me want to be a better man."
You can see how Jack Nicholson would have to use that line as his age.
9. "Don't give me that fucking Tommy shit. What the fuck I asked you for, Henry? I asked you for a favor. I do a lot of fucking favors for you, don't I? I'm trying to bang this fucking broad, you wanna help me out!"
At this point in the film you suddenly realized that you were rooting for Joe Pesci to get laid.
10. One time my cousin Walter got this cat stuck up his ass. True story. He bought it at our local mall, so the whole fiasco wound up on the news. It was embarrassing for my relatives and all, but next week, he did it again. Different cat, same results, complete with another trip to the emergency room. So, I run into him a week later in the mall and he's buying another cat. And I says to him, "Jesus, Walt! What are you doing? You know you're just gonna get this cat stuck up your ass too. Why don't you knock it off?" And he said to me, "Brodie, how the hell else am I supposed to get the gerbil out?" My cousin was a weird guy.
One of the best comedic movie opening lines ever!