Random Facts About Sci-Fi Movies

LadyTerror

In the original King Kong, Anne wasn't the first character to feel sorry for Kong (she never did). It was Denham.

Denham? You mean the selfish movie director? Isn't he the one who had the idea to capture Kong and take him to the city? Are you lying to me, LadyTerror?

Nope. The original King Kong never really described as a victim, but only as a monster. Even Anne saw him as a monster for the entire movie. He does die in the end of the movie, but Carl Denham does feel bad in its sequel Son of Kong, not only for the damage caused to the city because of him but also because of what he did to Kong.

Random Facts About Sci-Fi Movies

Darth Vader is on screen for a mere 12 minutes in the original Star Wars.

Fans still loved him and many said that he was the best character.

Random Facts About Sci-Fi Movies

To enhance the scale of the Space Jockey in Alien, Ridley Scott filmed his children in miniature space suits.

Random Facts About Sci-Fi Movies

WALL. E is short for "Waste Allocation Load Lifter Earth-Class"

And EVE is short for "Extra-terrestrial Vegetation Evaluator".

Also, here's an unpopular opinion but this movie sucks.

Random Facts About Sci-Fi Movies

Hulk got his powers the same way Godzilla did.

The difference is that Bruce Banner was a human but Godzilla was a dinosaur. They also have many of the same powers. In other words, Godzilla is a hulked out dinosaur.

Random Facts About Sci-Fi Movies

Carrie Fisher never wore a bra with this costume.

I'm still not over her death :(

Random Facts About Sci-Fi Movies

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King won all 11 Oscars that it was nominated for.

It was a great movie though. Really well-made.

Random Facts About Sci-Fi Movies

Avengers: Infinity War will be the first movie to be entirely shot using IMAX cameras.

Most IMAX films usually have most of the scenes converted to IMAX format.

Random Facts About Sci-Fi Movies

The doctors and nurses that worked on ET are real-life emergency room technicians.

They were told to treat him the same way they would treat a real patient.

Random Facts About Sci-Fi Movies

#LadyTerrorIsSleepy #SciFiIsCool #Boo #TimeForBed

Random Facts About Sci-Fi Movies
17
8
8Girl Opinion
17Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• Waffles731
    Another one this time about Mad Max Fury Road
    The Director and writer George Miller was an Actual ER physician and as Such Mad Max Fury Road's First Aid and medical treatment scenes are actually what is supposed to be done, when Max Shoves a knife in Furiosa's chest to treat her,
    Yeah that's actually EXACTLY what should have been done to save a person in that situation
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?
    • LadyTerror

That's awesome!

• Mad max was purely SJW porn.

• Waffles731

@Iraqveteran666 You're over-analyzing the movie, not everything is related to politics,
      Mad Max Fury Road the whole women as baby factories trying to escape, that's not an uncommon plot and it's been that way since a little after the time Harlan Ellison created the post nuclear desert punk genre with the story, A boy and his Dog.
      It had good acting, a memorable villain, practical effects, (That was a real guitar that shot fire)
      www.popularmechanics.com/.../
      Those were real cars driving sixty miles an hour.
      And it was pure awesome.
      Dude, don't over-analyse movies, it will just take away from enjoyment of movies that aren't meant for that

Most Helpful Girl

• Blonde401
    Good take. Wasn't there a kid with no legs inside ET? I heard that somewhere but nobody believes me when I say it.
    Like 1 Person
    Is this still revelant?
    • LadyTerror

Yeah. The scenes where he was being captured was a 6' tall man but the kitchen scenes were a kid with no legs who had learned to walk on his hands

• Blonde401

I knew it!!! Thank you for also know that and not thinking I'm crazy 😂

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

716
  • Bvroon
    Nice take. You had me with Lord of the Rings, the whole series is my favorite. I can watch these movies again and again, I just keep coming back for more. :-)
    Like 1 Person
    • LadyTerror

Same :D

• Bvroon

I also feel almost the same about the Harry Potter series, though Lord of the Rings will always trump Harry (sorry Harry) ;-)

• ADFSDF1996
    In the popular matrix interrogation scene, they used a artificial torso that resemble's Keanu's torso. They also forgot to remove Keanu's real life scar, which makes his torso look like he has two navels.
    cdn.globalauctionplatform.com/.../original.jpg
    Like 1 Person
  • Iraqveteran666
    I always thought Carrie Fisher's pussy was put on a pedestal on a galactic scale what with her being the only woman in the galaxy, still fond memories of her in the Starwars movies and of course the Gold bikini.
    Lord of the Rings is my favourite movie of all time, I wish there'd been another 3.
    Like 1 Person
  • John_Doesnt
    Of course Twilight didn't win any Oscars, it was garbage.
    Like 2 People
  • ImaginativeDreamer
    Godzilla and Hulk, who would've thought. Lady Terror, by the way, you look like Nina from Tekken, that's hot ;)
    Like 1 Person
  • MrMysteryMan
    The same thing happened with Boba Fett when they first introduced him in Empire Strikes Back. Only saw him for like a few minutes, and was an instant love affair!
    Like 1 Person
  • Zorax
    Great Take, but I noticed some movies which are not exactly Sci-Fi, e. g LOTR is a Fantasy movie ;)
    Like 1 Person
  • fenixx0083
    Weren't the prequel Star Wars movies shot with IMAX cameras?
    Like 1 Person
    • LadyTerror

As far as I'm aware, The Dark Knight is "first time ever that a major feature film has been even partially shot using IMAX cameras"

• MrOracle

No, they were shot with Sony CineAlta 4k digital cameras - the first significant movie shot with digital cameras.

• LadyTerror

@MrOracle there you go

• JudgmentDay
    One other thing I want to add for the kids in spacesuits for Alien:

"In the scene from ALIEN where Dallas, Kane and Lambert are leaving the ship, the actual actors walking past the Nostromo's landing struts are 3 children (two of which were Ridley Scott's children) dressed in scaled down spacesuits. This has the effect of making the ship look even bigger."

Source: https://skiles.tripod.com/alienfaq2.text

I remembered reading about it in the Alien FAQ that Ridley Scott used kids in space suits for the dead Space Jockey scene in Alien, thanks for reminding me.
    Like 1 Person
  • Jemini_Crocket
    Nice reading! I really love sci-fi movies. Aliens saga is the best for me. :)
    Like 1 Person
  • Nadzzz
    I was reading all the take normally and just bursted laughing at the ending hashtags lmfaooo
    Like 1 Person
  • TatyanaTheEmpress
    Interesting, I never knew about those facts, nice mytake.
    Like 1 Person
  • ThisDudeHere
    Why didn't you like Wale?
    Like 1 Person
    • LadyTerror

I don't know. I just never got into it much while watching

• ΉOMO_乇尺乇CTU丂
    Nice 1 but Godzilla isn't a dinosaur.
    Like 1 Person
    • LadyTerror

The original describes him as a creature from the Jurassic period and they strongly hint multiple times that he is a dinosaur

• SnowHearth
    I was expecting more random facts
    Like 1 Person
  • ChocoLada
    Wow, cool facts 🤓
    Like 1 Person
  • helloitsmethere
    Twilight was annoying...
    Like 1 Person
  • lumberman9
    Interesting
    Like 1 Person
  • Imhotep99
    LOTR is my all time favorite.
    Like 1 Person
  • Colton5
    Nice!
    Like 1 Person
  • Show More (3)