Fun Facts About Monster Movies

I've had an interest in them lately. Like usual, this will be random.

Thomas Edison was the first one to adapt Frankenstein onto film.

He made the movie in 1910, which is clearly before the 1931 film. It wasn't discovered until 60 years later though.

You can watch it here.

There's a 1972 film called Blacula about an African prince that got turned into a vampire by Dracula.

It was one of the highest grossing films of the year and was the first film to receive an award for Best Horror Film at the Saturn Awards. The film is also notable for featuring the first two gay male vampires in film history.

Fun Facts About Monster Movies

The slime dripping in alien's jaws in Alien is K-Y jelly.

Fun Facts About Monster Movies

It's never been explicitly stated that Kong is a gorilla. However, Godzilla has been confirmed to be a dinosaur in multiple movies.

People often seem to get this backwards but this the truth. The only times Kong was called a gorilla by other characters is when it was used as a metaphor. He's also been called a giant monkey.

Fun Facts About Monster Movies

Also, don't bring up who would win in a fight since I'm already writing a take about it (and the answer should be pretty obvious).

The opening sequence for Jaws took 3 days to film.

To achieve the jolting motions of the shark attacking the swimmer, a harness with cables was attached to actress Susan Backlinie’s legs and was pulled by crewmembers back and forth along the shoreline. Spielberg didn’t alert Backlinie as to when she would be “attacked,” so her terrified reaction is genuine.

Fun Facts About Monster Movies

Optimus Prime and the Predator have the same voice.

Peter Cullen, who is uncredited in Predator, provided the voice for both.

Fun Facts About Monster Movies

The upcoming remake of The Mummy will be part of a shared universe featuring Wolf Man, Frankenstein's monster, the Invisible Man, and more.

The series will be called Universal Monsters. It's starring Russel Crowe as Dr. Henry Jekyll, Javier Bardem as Frankenstein's monster, and Johnny Depp as The Invisible Man.

Fun Facts About Monster Movies

#Monsters #MonsterMovies #WhyCantMonstersBeReal? #FuckYouRealLife

713
LadyTerror is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• I knew all of this and the mummy is going to suck, they seem to want to combine both the original movie and the reboot which are two completely separate films the original a horror film and the reboot an indiana jones style adventure and thats why they both work.
    The trailer for the new one shows tom cruise waking up in a body bag,
    Can you imagine Rick O'Connell waking up in a body bag? cause tom cruise is supposed to be some sort of special forces guy so an action hero so he's comparable to Rick

• Yeah I don't think it's gonna work out. Depending on whether this is successful, they might decide on whether to go with a shared universe

Most Helpful Girl

• ROFLMAO at Blacula! I don't think they'd be allowed to do that today. Reminds me of a movie called Bubba Ho-Tep where an Egyptian mummy tries to take over a nursing home with a guy who claims to have switched bodies with Elvis Presley and a black guy who claims to be Teddy Roosevelt. I love monster movies, good and bad

Jaws used to be my favorite shark monster movie saga until Sharknado came along. It's crazy that it took so long to film such a short scene

Godzilla would kick King Kong's little monkey butt no problem. My favorite Giant monster movie is Pacific Rim. I watched an old black and white production of a giant Gila Monster attacking a little town, one with giant shrews on an island, and another one with giant leeches in a swamp that were all pretty decent for the time they were made

I was not aware they used lubricant as slime, but it gave the perfect look. Love Frankenstein and the Mummy, so I'm not sure how the remake looks yet

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 12

• That's interesting, especially the one with King Kong.

• kick ass article sis!

I would of never thought Predator was voice by Pete Cullen. its also nice to see that The Mummy is getting a reboot and I found out that the new King Kong movie takes place before the last Godzilla movie in 2014 so I can't wait for them to make a cross over on the two, but I'm having a tough time predicting who gonna be the bad guy.

• I sure hope the remake is good of Kong vs. Godzilla. Because I'm still not impressed with the way Lionsgate redesigned Goldar. The original was corny, sure. But at least he had character. This new one is just a gold plated Bayformer with wings.

• Yeah the new Goldar does not look good. I actually wasn't a fan of how the 2014 Godzilla looks either but I guess it could work.

• The Mummy looks terrible. I get that Hollywood want's to make modern remake's of the classic monster movie's for a newer generation. But I really enjoyed Brendan Fraiser in The Mummy franchise even though the third movie was terrible. Not a fan of Tom Cruise at all in the reboot Mummy movie.

• YEAH BLACKULA!!!

Alien would give good head! All those mouths. Just have to watch out for that overbite though.

Godzilla would roast Kong.

• Sure it would be good even with those teeth?

• Like I said, just have to be gentle. Probably would just get devoured and ripped apart, but no different than women with braces LOL ; )

• I wonder what would happen if someone attempted to remake Blacula today.

• Yeah I was just thinking about the criticism it would receive

• Especially if made by white cis-scum like me. That new netflix 'Dear White People' was okay it seems, so I dunno about Blacula.

• So they're rebooting The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen?

• This is pretty interesting. Gotta check out Blacula since it came out in the 70s.

• Interesting

• Interesting!

• Very interesting facts, excellent Take indeed :D

• Nice. Lol @ blacula!

What Girls Said 6

• Meh, I heard about Blacula but I never knew he was gay vampire, and I thought he was younger, like Will Smith, mmm, was there was also Chinkula? Like a Chinese version of Dracula? ;)

3.bp.blogspot.com/.../Jitters.PNG

• *was there also", typo :P

• Blacula himself wasn't gay but the movie did feature gay vampires. They turned into vampires after Blacula bit them.

I don't know if there is a Chinese version lol. I'll have to check

• Remake of the Mummy, in the same universe with all those other monsters, cool, does that mean we can expect a movie like Mummy vs Wolf Man in the near future?

• I don't know how to feel about the Universal Monsters thing. It seems so cheesy at this point that they've got their work cut out for them

• Yeah right, what kind of dinosaur was Godzilla? King Kong is obviously a Gorilla, check out the zoology books, no other monkey looks like that 🤓

• It isn't a dinosaur that existed in real life. It's a fictional species of dinosaur... Well it used to be. After absorbing a lot of radiation, his body went through a lot of changes and he became bigger, stronger, and more durable with an enhanced healing factor (similar to Hulk. He's like a Hulked out dinosaur).

Kong is also another fictional species that doesn't really exist but from the family of apes.

• Well he's had a bunch of origins. Many describe him as a creature from the Jurassic age that survived the extinction and started living in the sea. In one origin, they even name the species godzillasaurus.

• Interesting theory :P

• Awesome, I love these movies :)

• Good one