Wonder Woman: Media Nonsense and Female Ridiculousness

Yes. I hate to break it to you (no not really, I love it) but all the current excitement over Wonder Woman is feminist and media nonsense. Let me count the ways.

1. "Female Representation in Movies."

So one reason, which you will find a few flavors of, is Wonder Woman is a movie for women, by women. https://www.theshorthorn.com/opinion/column-wonder-woman-makes-waves/article_c10e3ea4-4b19-11e7-8398-97cf5e07a885.html I will assume you all are intelligent and realize that "chick flicks" AKA movies made for women, are a thing. So let's move to action movies.

Because clearly, this is the first modern female lead action movie in our time. Never before have women been able to watch an action movie or TV show with a female lead in the spotlight, doing all the daring things the plot has in store for her, the total star of the movie. They've been deprived of the life inspiration of seeing female movie/TV stars doing such amazing things. We men have been getting all the action movie stars, and hence we are inspired to life greatness.

Wonder Woman: Media Nonsense and Female RidiculousnessWonder Woman: Media Nonsense and Female Ridiculousness

Wonder Woman: Media Nonsense and Female RidiculousnessWonder Woman: Media Nonsense and Female RidiculousnessWonder Woman: Media Nonsense and Female RidiculousnessWonder Woman: Media Nonsense and Female RidiculousnessWonder Woman: Media Nonsense and Female Ridiculousness

Do I really need to say more on that point? Wonder Woman isn't some groundbreaking, female action movie. It's not even number 5. It missed that title by decades. And all these movies are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head because I have copies of them.

2. "Female Empowerment..." Really?

https://nypost.com/2017/06/08/wonder-woman-wins-by-being-feminist-without-bashing-men/

https://nerdist.com/wonder-woman-brings-female-empowerment-to-the-united-nations/

It's all over the news. Wonder Woman was about female empowerment. It's amazing. It made life better. And WTF?

I get that cool action movies are cool. Not going to lie, I thought Tom Cruise in Collateral played a bad ass character. (I also loved how realistic they kept it.)Wonder Woman: Media Nonsense and Female Ridiculousness

Leon S Kennedy in Resident Evil 4 and 6 was also favorite character of mine. Fact remains. If you need to grasp at fictional characters to feel good about yourself, enough to shout it in public how some characters changed your life and empowered you to face the world... this guy pictured here is your spiritual family member.

Fictional characters don't empower you, or me. Superman was powerful enough to trash Metropolis in "Man of Steel" but did any men walk out of a showing sobbing, "I feel so empowered, it was so cathartic to watch this!" No. You know things that have actually made my life better, "empowered" me? Having the discipline to become debt free. Focusing and studying and earning certificates which improved my resume. Getting my ass in the gym and working out to the point I can send that heavy bag swinging into the wall via my punches. You know... real life stuff.

If you needed a comic book movie to "empower" you by watching a fictional woman who has powers from Greek Gods... well, you might not have much of a life yourself, if you have to look to comic books for "empowerment."

3. You do know who wrote Wonder Woman, right?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4569438/sex-cult-Wonder-Woman-William-Moulton-Marston-mistress.html

"Arriving home one day after work, William Moulton Marston, a doctor of psychology at Tufts, one of America’s most prestigious universities, had some dramatic news for his wife, Betty. There would soon, he told her, be another member of the household. One of his students, a pretty young woman named Olive Byrne, would be coming to live with them. Not as a lodger, but a lover. And if Betty did not like it, he would leave her.

One can only imagine what Wonder Woman – the comic-book superhero that Marston went on to create – might have done to a man who brought home a younger mistress and demanded either a divorce or a menage a trois. But in real life, Marston’s wife complied."

Read more: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4569438/sex-cult-Wonder-Woman-William-Moulton-Marston-mistress.html#ixzz4jc22inA3

Sooo... yeah. The media is idolizing a character made by a man who loved his wife, his mistresses, bondage, threesomes... not exactly empowering for the ladies.

_________________________________________________________

In short. No, Wonder Woman isn't some groundbreaking character. Besides having been around for decades herself, there's tons of action movies with female leads for you. If you need a comic book movie about a character with superhuman powers to feel "empowered" you might need to reexamine your own life and achievements, or lack thereof. And do you really want to idolize a character made by the real life Christian Grey?

2133
RationalMale is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

• For the love of...

PEOPLE. You... You. . and YES you...

It's a movie.

Let it be a gawd damn movie.

• I was just excited that they finally made a Wonder Woman movie (and it wasn't a total flop). Not because she's a female lead. But because... She's frigging Wonder Woman. She's only one of the oldest DC characters and part of TJL. It was due time for a movie.

Even though I'm partial to Marvel. Yeah. I said it.

• I agree with you in that my excitement was also about how the Wonder Woman story finally has its movie, and said so in my response too. :D I had been wondering if they would EVER make it, lol! There were a bunch of attempts across the years (including one by Joss Whedon) that all failed. xD

It was worth the long wait though, because --- despite a few nitpicks here and there that I have with it --- it's one of the best superhero movies ever made (from any studio), for me! Having the character's first meeting with Man's World to be the First World War was an inspired choice that allowed the drama aspects to go to some pretty emotional places.

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with your points, I don't see why people are acting like this is the first female bad ass in movies.
    But if some woman or even a little girl feels empowered by it, good for them. I don't care.
    I don't see why what other people feel empowered about really matters

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 20

• say what you will, but i loved the movie. not because i'm some feminist sjw libtard, but because it was a great movie.

wonder woman was a refreshing take on superhero movies, and movies in general, because there was no squinting through the male gaze: no eye-candy shots of diana, armour that wasn't metal-plated lingerie; the women were real looking, strong, and powerful, rather than sexed up for a male audience.

maybe *you* didn't walk out of that theatre thinking about how cathartic it was to watch that movie. but that's your privilege as a man: most books, plays, and films over the years were all written about and for men; as recently as the 18th century, female roles were played exclusively by men, and there have been hundreds, thousands of male role models available to you, whether on page, screen, or elsewhere. you've never searched through libraries or playlists or film catalogues wondering why there was no one you could relate to among them.

everyone wants to see themselves on the big screen. and even i, broken leg and all, walked out of that theatre feeling like i could be wonder woman: i may not have showy superpowers, but it was fantastic to see a badass female protagonist who wasn't reduced to a sex object.

my husband loved the movie as well, and we'll be taking my parents to see it when they visit at the end of the month.

i read the comics as a kid and am well aware of the character's origin. but it doesn't bother me~ some people find that sort of thing empowering.

i know you are just looking for validation from people who will stroke your ego and have no interest in what any of us think. that said, i still loved the movie and nothing you say will change that. :)

• No male gaze? Is that why they chose an extremely fit, petite, model for the star instead of a woman who was strong and muscular? Is that why so many shots were to emphasize her beauty and looks?

If you need to watch an action movie to feel good about yourself, hmmkay. However there's been plenty of female action stars for you to chose from over the past decade or two alone.

by the way when it came to actual sword play I thought Annabeth Chase could basically take down Diana... http://i.imgur.com/15RV6t3.jpg

• I didn't think Wonder Woman was sexualized in this movie nearly as much as Hollywood normally does female leads, and quite possibly it's because it was directed by a woman who respected the character.
    I found Wonder Woman entertaining and although there was some tongue and cheek sexual innuendo the T&A was mostly Chris Pine not Gal Gadot, which I found refreshing

• Isn't that literally the character, and how she's been for decades? That Diana has always been focused on honor and virtue, and not a very sexual being?

• And male action heroes aren't sexualized? Their bodies aren't shown off, in the name of views and sales? Women don't enjoy seeing a male body as much as men love seeing a female one?
      It's not a female vs male problem. It's a character vs body problem, one that exists for both genders in mainstream media. I totally agree it's an issue. I think it's superficial and immoral to sell based on hot looks, but it's just not a female problem.

• I thought the movie was different in terms of just how Wonder Woman was portrayed. If I compare shots of wonder woman to shots of Black Widow they are very different.
    For black widow action scenes and the way a frame is cut is used to show off her body and subtly sexualize her.
    I didn't see this wonder woman. Action scenes were action scenes, not excuses to show off Dianas ass or tits.

• I think that's a difference of character... Diana is suposed to be idealistic and honorable. Black Widow is supposed to be more like a female james bond.

• Well your comparing two different characters and character archtypes if I am mistaken then please clarify.

• @hellionthesagereborn

Its the fact there are so few "independent " female characters who are either sexualized or rely on a romantic relationship with a male to support them. I dont care what their "archtype" is. That's the whole point.

• "Fictional characters don't empower you, or me. Superman was powerful enough to trash Metropolis in "Man of Steel" but did any men walk out of a showing sobbing, "I feel so empowered, it was so cathartic to watch this!" No."

Stooooooop with this bullshit "evidence" pleeeaasseeee. When I walked out of that movie theater after watching Wonder woman, I DID feel empowered. I felt encouraged to start taking some self-defense classes, or to learn something like karate or kung-fu. Did every other woman feel the same way as me? Probably not. But that doesn't take anything away from MY experience.
    Main point here is, though, that you don't get to choose what empowers/doesn't empower other people. What empowers you means jack shit to be honest because not everyone is like you. For some people, representation and strong characters in movies DO make them feel empowered. Especially if that's not something they get to see very often. You have a few examples up there but that's like less than 5% of all the movies that have been made the past few years. Showing like 10 movies and being like "here's your representation, shut up!!!" while then continuing to enjoy the hundreds of movies that are targeted towards you, as a straight male, is hypocritical and ignorant.

And why does it matter *who* created Wonder woman as a character? That does not make *her* any less of a feminist symbol or badass character.
    "Sooo... yeah. The media is idolizing a character made by a man who loved his wife, his mistresses, bondage, threesomes... not exactly empowering for the ladies."
    Why? If they all consented to it, then why is it not empowering?

• I thought the movie was good, period. No I don't need a movie to "empower" me, but it's nice to see a female superhero for a change (btw none of those female action heroes you mentioned were DC or Marvel superheros, so WW is unique in that way). People on both sides of the feminist/anti-feminist perspectives will always read too much into things and take everything too seriously. I say just watch the movie, or don't.

• I don't think women need special superheroes from particular brands to be "represented" in movies but ok

• As I stated, I personally don't "need" the representation, but I also don't think there's anything wrong with feeling empowered/inspired by a movie. Yeah, some people are nerdy like Sheldon and Leonard, nothing wrong with that. lol

• actually Wonder Woman's Origin was Feminist

you are being naive un-informed or mis-leading when it comes to Wonder Woman . first of all .
    the female superhero was Betty’s idea . the wife of William Moulton Marston who wrote the
    Wonder Woman Stories . Wonder Woman's character was written as a feminist of the early 1900's .
    ... I know you're going to hate that... so together writer Charles Moulton and artist
    Harry G. Peter collaborated in delveloping Wonder Woman . However it was Olive Byrne who is
    credited as being their inspiration for the character's appearance . Marston also drew a
    great deal of inspiration from early feminists . and especially from pioneer Margaret Sanger .

even your own source the Dailymail UK says what you failed to mention .
    "According to her son, the female superhero was Betty’s idea, something she always denied.
    But there is no doubt that Wonder Woman’s feisty character owes much to Betty. Expressions,
    such as ‘Suffering Sappho’ and ‘Great Hera’ come from her too, while Wonder Woman’s bullet
    deflecting bracelets were inspired by the wide cuff bondage-style bracelets Marston gave Olive
    in 1928 in lieu of a wedding ring."

The success of the movie is not Media Nonsense and Female Ridiculousness as you claim it is .
    It is what the creators and author of Wonder Woman would have intended .
    As a matter of interest clarity & fact . None of your sources mention WW's Feminist Origins .

Wonder Woman’s Feminist Origin
    nothingbutcomics.net/.../

Margaret Sanger: The Real Wonder Woman?
    sangerpapers.wordpress.com/.../

• Wait so your claiming that the guy who wrote it got inspiration from classic literature and was involved enough to put his own fetish inside the comic (lasso of truth (he was convinced that bondage was some kind of cathartic act that showed a persons true self because, he was a psychologist and by extension crazy) had little to nothing to do with the character and the character was modeled off of Margaret Sanger a renowned racist and eugenics advocate (meaning she wanted to sterilize blacks, gypsy's, jew's, the poor etc. to cull them from the human race)? Is that empowering or terrifying that women would identify with such a person?

• WOW you guys have a problem . WW has no problem . you can rant rave troll your
      mis-conceived perceptions, twisted views, distortions, and wild speculations all you want .
      but it won't change the impact of the movie . it's the message that counts .
      the movie is about Diana honoring her inner voice to become who she always knew she was
      meant to be . it's absolutely the most critical message of this movie . ironically she
      finds her true self and destiny in No Man's Land . as iconic and inspiring her character is
      it's a message for women and men alike . that is why the movie touches so many people .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j73IkjslvoM

• Although I haven't seen this particular movie, I can assure Wonder Women, like Batman, Superman, Star Trek and James Bond is just more mindless bread and circuses. Witness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNtJ-vgaO6o

Any women who can find real world meaning and inspiration from this ridiculous action scene deserves to get her ass kicked. Lighten up and just enjoy this mindless entertainment for what it really is.

• I totally agree! I'm one of the people who really hate all this "feminazi" stuff. Like why do we have to keep comparing our genders? Woman vs man, hero vs heroine... It's stupid in my opinion.

There is enough of females in leading roles and I personally can't imagine having more female action actors (for example action like WW) because it doesn't work as well as with male characters. Maybe I'm just used to it, but I prefer it and always will.

• I think this is an interesting take! I never knew that about WW nor did I think of it that way. Your first point made me laugh, because it does seem like it's way overhyped, as if it's the first movie that's centered on a female protagonist. There are plenty of female protagonists/leads, in movies, TV shows and books. So it's not necessarily groundbreaking at all.

• People can be inspired by Wonder Woman if they want to. And I thought it was a well made movie.

• See, I don't find anything odd about finding a movie inspirational, or even a song. I've got multiple movies on my laptop I found inspiring. When people start spouting nonsense about a movie being "empowering" it crosses the idiocy line.

• I'm not hyped over Wonder Woman, don't really plan on seeing it, but I'm getting annoyed with the feminist haters on here and I'm not even a feminist. It's just a damn movie if it doesn't jive with you don't see it. No need to ruin it for people who want to see it.

• Maybe it's because I don't pay much attention to the media, but I didn't really catch on the the marketing team for this film using feminism as a way to sell tickets. It's not surprising to me though, the democrats tried to use feminism to sell Americans a shitty candidate lmao. Regardless, I've heard plenty of rave reviews from friends and family so I'm still hoping to see it. My mom grew up idolizing Wonder Woman from the 70s, I think she's more excited than I am haha.
    ... Still, it's just a movie. No need to be bitter over it ;).

• Yeah, female empowerment is cool, but this was just a marketing campaign. They wanted to empower us to buy tickets!

• The fact that it was directed by a woman (basically it's rare in Hollywood, since only 7% of directors are female) and it became successful af at the box office was why it was celebrated. Not the fact that it was a female lead role because WW has been around since the 1950s.
    I watched it and it was a fucking good movie. I watched it because Wonder Woman is freaking badass and we finally get to see a movie about her and her story in theatres. I was waiting for this for a LONG time, just how I waited for them to finally make a Deadpool movie.
    Another thing: stop bitching and just enjoy the movie. You are reading WAYYY too much into this that you missed the whole fucking point of it anyway.

• "The fact that it was directed by a woman (basically it's rare in Hollywood, since only 7% of directors are female) and it became successful af at the box office was why it was celebrated."

Just simply untrue. You realize the national conversation is bigger than your conversations with your friends about it during recess right, kiddo?

• @pavlove The fact that you disregard my opinions for my age REALLY shows your maturity level.
      Also, I was talking about the top 250 movies.

• If a female director directed a film which degraded women or even didn't speak to feminism or female issues/strong female lead but broke records for female directors it would not have been a big deal. It was the combination of a female director directing Wonder Woman and succeeding that made the story

• Never liked the TV show, & only saw the movie coz my friend had free passes.

Daryl Dixon & Rick Grimes are more inspirational fictional characters.

• I'm not a feminist by any stretch of the imagination but I loved Wonder Woman. I even went back a second time and took my kids.
    So what if she's not the first powerful woman role model? She's still a good one. And the ratio to women vs. Men heroes is still way off.
    I loved that she was tough, relatively modest, intelligent and not a bi*** which is what they usually portray strong women as.
    As far as the creators life, I don't agree with the lifestyles of a huge majority of Hollywood elites. But I still want to be entertained. And this was good, clean entertainment.

• The ratio of male action movie buyers vs female is way off too. :D and I have no problem with people saying Diana is a powerful woman role model. I have problem with idiots acting like she's the first. And neither are you saying Selene or Tris was a bitch?

• It definitely got a lot of hype as a woman's movie, probably helped. It did make 752m on a 149m budget, as one of the most famous comic book characters ever, second film appearance for Gal as Wonder Woman. Meanwhile freaking retarded Ant-Man made 519m on a 142 budget.

• Ant man 😂😂😂 so funny. I did not contribute to those profits

• Why is it bothering you?

• I love how instead of addressing any of the points or providing your own opinion, you attempt to turn it around like that. It's very interesting.

• It's just a movie, no need to get pressed. Damn.

• good one

• Why does it bother you for people to feel these ways about this movie?

• Because it's so amazingly idiotic. There's literally adult writers proclaiming that women are "empowered" by an action movie because the lead is a heroine. It's as if perhaps they can't grasp the difference between reality and comic books.

• I don't think you know much about how our popular entertainments influence the way people think.

• I agree with you. Those are just some loud mouth feminist who don't know what are they talking about, they just want to make some fuzz

What Guys Said 32

• Eh, blah blah blah - no one was claiming this was a new character or any of the other straw man shit in your post.

It's a great movie. She's hot. And it was great to see a hero who didn't punch their way to a solution. I'll watch it more than once.

And if you think I'm in anyway a feminist or some sort of SJW, then you're out of your tiny mind. #feminism_can_suck_my_left_nut

• Actually I linked to articles about what I was talking about... no straw man. Literally just what people wrote about it.

• I am fine with women being strong and powerful in movies, there's nothing wrong with that. I thought the new wonder woman movie was the best DC movie since The Dark Knight. It's not sexist, this is nothing new that Wonder Woman is a strong woman with a goddess like strength and ability to fight for good, why would that offend you? W. W has been around for decades now.

• Dude. You did get the comment that all those shows with female leads, were off the top of my head because I have copies of those movies/shows? Are you projecting, that you think female action leads offend me?

• Judging by your post and those commenting on your post it seems like you are, you can turn it or change it any way you want to but that's how I perceive it. Don't get pissed at me, it's merely an opinion.

• I agree that there has been some "spin" surrounding this movie regarding how groundbreaking it is for action movies --- and even movies in general --- but for me, it was a great development as a movie lover in general and as a fan of superhero movies (when done right). Wonder Woman is hands-down one of the most famous superhero characters in the world when it comes to name/image recognition, and more importantly is a really good story if handled correctly... and they finally managed to release a live-action big-screen adaptation for it! (75 years after the comic, 39 years after Christopher Reeve's "Superman", and 17 years after the first "X-Men" film kicked off the modern superhero movie era)!

I'm more annoyed by the other types of media and critic "spin" about this Wonder Woman movie:

(1) The media spin about how it has "saved" the DCEU financially:
    In fact, it will make good profit but is hardly some kind of box-office juggernaut, and might even be the lowest-grossing DCEU movie so far when the final sales come in. Also, all the DCEU movies got big money despite the critical reception, especially "Suicide Squad", which was a huge financial success despite being the worst DCEU movie so far.

(2) The media spin about how it was good because it was "so lighthearted" in tone and "colorful" compared to the rest of the DCEU:
    In fact, it was just as dark and tragic as any other DCEU movie, and is actually even more so because it deals with some real-life horrors of the First World War. AND, most of the running time happens in a visually gloomy, war-torn environment. I'm not complaining about those things, though; they fit the story and --- in a time when we get like 6 superhero movies a year, all on big budgets --- we need more ambitious drama like this to advance the genre.

• I think it's another something-gate... call it comic book gate. And just like gamergate and metalgate, they (intersectional 3rd wave feminists) don't give a shit about the people that enjoy the genera. I mean seriously... I've never seen a single female that was all about ghost busters as a kid nor all the way to now where I'm thirty something. It's anecdotal but I'm pretty much convinced that the average female could give a shit about ghostbusters. So they make a new ghostbusters movie and replace every dude those dudes worshiped, with chicks.

Don't get me wrong... If I started out liking a chick character it isn't just because she was a chick that I liked her, that was part of her character yes, so if you replace her with some bloke I'm probably no longer going to identify with the character any longer the way I did before.

So wonder woman started as a woman and is still one... thank god. Please don't change her to trans-gender man. The comic book community thought Thor being turned into a woman was shit... and it is... it's a shit show everytime they do it for victim culture ideals.

Super heros may start out as victims... but they rise above instead of laying claim to their victim status as reason to change the world around them through guilt.

• movie was good but the ending sucked. and they didn't explain why she couldn't fly either, as well as her reflexes not being as quick as they should.

DC still making a comeback though. Hopefully it gets even better with Justice League and the other movies yet to come, like The Corps.

• I haven't seen it yet. Super heros, male or female don't really interest me. But, i love a female heroine in a book, if the book is written by a female.
    This Wonder Woman movie is a bit of escapism, hyped by the media to bring out stuff that isn't there, or intended. Sets men against women, and women against women. If they're stupid enough.
    Nothing at all wrong with having a female hero taking on the bad guys. The more the merrier.

• You are missing the point. Women don't feel empowered by watching female super hero movies, but some guys get off on it. This isn't a feminist movie. It's just another guy's action movie with a bit sex appeal mixed in for good measure. The super hero could have been either Batman, Superman, Wonder Women or even Mighty Mouse. It doesn't matter! You need to lighten up!

• https://youtu.be/QtF-3YcyBKk?t=4

That's all I have to say, last hurrah for feminism.

• I agree with all the above except the loving it part, that's it, that's all. You may have loved it because she's not bad looking but it's a weak attempt at further empowering women, more propaganda, like there is any need more more feminist bs especially in films (ghostbusters, star wars, whatever... I speak with my wallet and that's why I don't go to movies anymore).

• Last time I checked, feminists hated this movie because Wonder Women wasn't "plus-sized" and had shaven pits.

• Your life has to be REAAAAAAALLY pathetic to feel empowered by a chick in a movie lmao no wonder it's only losers the ones talking about how it's so empowering. It's pretty pathetic that they can't feel empowered in their own lives so they resort to a movie to get that feeling. It reminds me of when you were a kid and you saw Superman and ran around acting like him... but you were a kid, so it's ok... but an adult woman acting like that? Jesus Christ what kind of women have we raised? :/

This idea that there's no women in lead roles in movies is complete bullshit, because like you said, there's plenty of movies and shows with female main characters, it's just in action movies and the like where women aren't typically the main characters and it's men, that's why they're pissed, because they want to be like men and take everything men have. Again, it's pathetic.

Luckily it's not most women who think like this, 'cause that would be very sad.

• All the hype is based on the belief that there is some magical dark force or conspiracy keeping women or minorities down. However it just doesn't exist. Women are less (or more) represented in certain things due to lack of interest or ability.

Case in point: Nursing, one of the higher paying careers out there.

• I love that people are so shallow as to devalue every other female superherione when they say that WW is the only movie that shows an empowered female lead superhero.

Did everybody forget the movie Hannah?

• All i care about is that feminism make women ask guys out, take the lead and be sexual aggresors so i can have a love life.

• I agree with your point that there isn't a lack of female leads in movies. Alice from Resident Evil is universally overlooked as a female icon. But there is an issue with a lack of female directors in Hollywood.

That being said, why are we judging gender equality through the lens of movies? A big issue with modern society is that everyone views themselves as the main character in their own movie, in other words narcissism. Wonder Woman is nothing more than consumerism being packaged as feminism. It's ridicoulous and reductive. I mean, if women (or anyone) enjoy seeing themselves through movies, who gives a crap that it's happening. The larger issue is that people think there is value in seeing themselves represented in movies. Whether or not they are represented is a secondary issue.

• The media is warping women into narcissists based on fantasy. It is almost as if they are hypnotized to walk off a ledge because they can fly.

• just another right wing propaganda from "rational-male"

more like irrational-female from what i see

• Yeah, I was kind of blown away by how many brainwashed girls there are out there saying there's never been a female badass hero in movies before, I'm like, "What?"

personalitypsych2011.wikispaces.com/.../ripley.jpg

relativestrengthadvantage.com/.../...-hamilton.jpg

lumiere-a.akamaihd.net/.../...1ly2wd_eb4b4064.jpeg

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...0b97c40c3a.jpg

• Feminists shouldn't be taken seriously. Just make fun of feminists and maybe they will go away by feminists becoming self concious.

• Wow. I must be one of the few that just see a movie...

• To me there is still one good action movie that was directed by a woman. And that is point break. Not about "strong female leading" cast, but added the internal conflict and certain social variances to the action.

Other than that I have yet to see some hooking movie of the likes. Just because Wonder Woman is a little better than the disaster that is Batman vs Superman, doesn't make it a good movie. In fact, it has so very many flaws in it, that just make it ridiculous unbelieving in the movie setting.

Not to mention that Wonder Woman just has aweful writing all over in the comics as well. I just remember that scene where people protest against the Justice League being dangerous in case they run loose - and instead of adressing those valid fears, she uses her Lasso of Truth to humiliate the guy. Well done. Good writing. Very empowered.

• You can tell this was directed by a woman. They had the male lead commit suicide for no reason just to make Diana cry.

• More from Guys
    12