Movies That I am Excited to See in 2018

Movies That I am Excited to See in 2018

Alita: Battle Angel

Based on a popular Manga and Anime series, Yukito Kishiro's Battle Angel Alita (Gunnm, 銃夢), Alita: Battle Angel is an action-packed story of hope, love and empowerment. Set in a post-apocalyptic future, the abandoned and broken Alita (Rosa Salazar) is found in a garbage heap of Iron City by a cybernetics doctor, Ido (Christoph Waltz), who rebuilds and takes care of her. When Alita awakens she has no memory of who she is, nor does she have any recognition of the world she finds herself in. Everything is new to Alita, every experience a first.

As she learns to navigate her new life and the treacherous streets of Iron City, Ido tries to shield Alita from her mysterious past while her street-smart new friend, Hugo (Keean Johnson), offers instead to help trigger her memories. A growing affection develops between the two until deadly forces come after Alita and threaten her newfound relationships. It is then that Alita discovers she has extraordinary fighting abilities that could be used to save the friends and family she’s grown to love. Determined to uncover the truth behind her origin, Alita sets out on a journey that will lead her to take on the injustices of this dark, corrupt world, and discover that one young woman can change the world in which she lives. Directed by Robert Rodriguez with James Cameron and Jon Landau producing, this live-action adaptation is based of the first four volumes of the Manga series.

Dead Pool 2

The Merc With the Mouth is back for a sequel film set in the XMEN universe as the twelfth installment. Battling battles ninjas, the yakuza and a pack of aggressive canines as he embarks on a new adventure, he is aided by several other superheroes.

The first film featured Wade Wilson (Ryan Reynolds) as a former Special Forces operative who then worked as a mercenary. He meets Vanessa at a bar and they have a zany whirlwind romance, complete with its own montage video. His world comes crashing down when he develops cancer in most of his body and signs up for a dangerous experiment. Evil scientist Ajax (Ed Skrein) tortures, disfigures and transforms him into Deadpool. The rogue experiment leaves him with accelerated healing powers along with his already twisted sense of humor, amplified by his experience. With help from mutant allies Colossus and Negasonic Teenage Warhead (Brianna Hildebrand), Deadpool uses his new skills to hunt down the man who nearly destroyed his life.

Ryan Reynolds as Wade Wilson / Deadpool:

A wisecracking mercenary with accelerated healing but severe scarring over his body after undergoing an experimental regenerative mutation.

Morena Baccarin as Vanessa: An escort and Wilson's fiancée.

T.J. Miller as Weasel: Wilson's best friend, the owner of a bar frequented by mercenaries.

Leslie Uggams as Blind Al: An elderly blind woman and Deadpool's roommate.

Brianna Hildebrand as Negasonic Teenage Warhead:

A teenage X-Men with the mutant power to detonate atomic bursts from her body,

Stefan Kapičić as the voice of Colossus: An X-Men with the mutant ability to transform his entire body into organic steel.

Zazie Beetz as Neena Thurman / Domino:

A mercenary with the mutant ability to manipulate luck.

Josh Brolin as Nathan Summers / Cable:

A time travelling cybernetic mutant soldier, "in many ways the opposite of Deadpool".

Jack Kesy as Black Tom Cassidy: A mutant who can manipulate energy through plants.

Additionally, Karan Soni returns as the taxi driver Dopinder from the first film.

The second feature film promises to be just as zany as the last one, with over the top action scenes and witty comments from Deadpool.

Venom

Intended to be the first film in Sony's Marvel Universe, adjunct to the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), it was directed by Ruben Fleischer, from a script by Scott Rosenberg & Jeff Pinkner and Kelly Marcel, and stars Tom Hardy in the title role, alongside Michelle Williams.

Development on a Venom film, first began with producer Avi Arad in 2007. After going through various iterations, an R-rated standalone film was confirmed in March 2017. The intention was to begin a new shared universe featuring the Marvel characters to which Sony possessed the film rights, though Sony also intends for the film to share the world of Spider-Man: Homecoming, which is set in the MCU thanks to a special deal between Sony and Marvel Studios. Rosenberg and Pinkner were set to write, with Fleischer and Hardy added in May 2017.

Filming began in October 2017, in Atlanta and New York City. Venom is set to be released in the United States on October 5, 2018. This film has me very excited as Venom is one of my favorite characters in the Spider-Man rogues’ gallery. Eddie Brock bonded with an alien organism that grants him super human strength, and abilities of Spider-man.

44

Most Helpful Girl

• I might watch the first one.

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude do it like this instead.
    Venom -----------------------------------
    ...
    ...
    ...

And hell yea deadpool 2!

• I thought the video links would show. Ugh, this blows. I wish I never uploaded it

• Yea man, to be honest I just scroll down and half way I was like I am out because it was confusing but them I saw deadpool lol.
      You got good titles but is just too confusing, maybe that is why people isn't commenting. Maybe delete it and uploaded again edited.

• I have to wait for tomorrow.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 3

• Im ready for Venom but not a fan of michelle williams.

• I want to see DeadPool 2. :)

• This is a really horrid year for movies my closest cineplex is replaying a lot of oldies hardly any newer decent ones.. So even remotely a tad bit excited about is 50 Shades

What Guys Said 3

• pleb-tier choices right here. Cloverfield: god particle should be here

• thank you for your opinion

• The first cloverfield bored me but i enjoyed the wnding of the second so yea im ready for the 3rd. I just can't stand the buildong of the suspense. Too much talk and not enough action

• I will be ready for deadpool 2. It will surely be a good movie 😏

• deadpool 2