What Does YouTube Mean to You?

What does YouTube mean to you?

I wanted to ask this question but decided to make it a myTake instead. How influential has YouTube been in your life? I have friends who are on it all the time. I have friends who occasionally hop on to watch either music, random vids, or Pewdiepie. I am not a big YouTuber. I listen to my music via SoundCloud, radio, iTunes, friends recommendations etc. While I'm a small-time gamer (Animal Crossings/Mario Kart/SSBB), I don't hop on to watch gaming vids. I watch my shows via Netflix/Hulu and do have cable at home, so I don't subscribe to tv shows on this forum.

What Does YouTube Mean to You?

Do you subscribe to watch television shows from YouTube? I know Google makes it exciting and all via advertising, but I think being on YouTube constantly is unproductive in general. (Yes being on any social media forum can be time-consuming and take away from real world goals/tasks.) So, do you subscribe? Is your free time spent on randomly surfing YouTube? What draws you to watching YouTube?

What Does YouTube Mean to You?

I literally watch YouTube every month or so if one of my friends tells me I HAVE to see this video or that video. I enjoy the visit but make it brief. My friends have channels and I must admit it, I don't get the process either. Do you have a channel? More than one? What do you have on it? Do you advertise on this website for it? Do you make money from your channel? Is it exhausting constantly uploading new material? Do you love it? Do you hate it? How do you deal with haters?

Thanks for reading and please please please educate me!

110

Most Helpful Guy

• i use youtube for entertainment and music. i wouldn't dare pay for it there's enough free stuff on there. plus I'm gonna make my own cartoons on youtube and blow up and be like jaiden animations or theodd1sout or swoozie, or youngdonthesaucegod because they are my favorites

Most Helpful Girl

• YouTube is basically where i learn to be an adult.

Dont know how to change your headlight? YouTube

Garbage Disposal broken? YouTube

How to interview well? Youtube

can't do make up? YouTube

Need to mend your clothes? Youtube

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 9

• I only use it for watching episodes of certain TV shows and occasionally for streaming music. I have no idea about famous Youtubers and I don't subscribe to any channels.

• I use YT quite a lot. It is the best source of free music. Has awesome automotive shows like MCM or Roadkill. It keeps me in trend with nee computer technologies. My YT is almost always turned ON if I in a room. Music makes my life better.

• It means "better entertainment than actual television" for me lol.

• I use it for watching the soccer highlights especially when i am bored and also use it for watching some trailers

• I use asmr before I go to bed so usually at least 1 time a day usually more I'm subbed to like a bazillion channels

• I use it to find music, and that is all.

• everything...

• I love YouTube I use it mostly for learning.

• To me it means free music and info / instruction on pretty much anything I want to learn about.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!