Why Record Players and Record Are Absurd and Ridiculous!

This seems like a ridiculous topic but this absolutely drives me crazy!

Why record players and record are absurd and ridiculous!

I am someone who owns a record player. I am 16 years old and record players are extremely popular amongst many millenials nowadays. The records being played can range from The Beatles to Wings to Sex Pistols to Lynard Skynard to Kendrick Lamar to The Gorillaz and much much more....

The problem I have with record players and millenials is purely the use of them! I realized how over the top it is to buy a record player and the over priced albums just to, what, be cool? It's actually so lame. Why pay more for an album to be on vinyl when all you're getting is bad quality sound and the opportunity to listen to it at home?!

I love Kendrick Lamar but I have his albums on my phone. I can listen to him everywhere and anywhere without having to carry a record player and extension cord. While some love the older sound from a record player, most people buy newer models that literally have no vintage sound. Not to forget, technology is so phenomenal nowadays the vinyl sound can be easily heard from your phone's audio options.

So please. STOP SPENDING SO MUCH MONEY ON RECORDS AND THE INCONVENIENCE!!

16

Most Helpful Guy

• How funny the nostalgia for "vinyl". When the came out in the mid 1980's, compact discs were all the rage, as were stereo systems that would make a cassette copy for the car.

In those days, people at first shied away from car CD players, because in many not so nice places people would break into cars just to steal the CD's, a quick smash and grab, as opposed to the more laborious task of ripping out the car stereo.

• And now, you can hardly give many discs away. A lot can happen in 3 decades.

Most Helpful Girl

• Interesting...

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 5

• Damn, I feel old... I still have a record player from when I was younger, including the records... my selection isn't cool or anything... Dean Martin, Englebert Humperdink... even Looney Toons Christmas...

• Buy a top notch turn-table and you will hear the best sound possible. Crappy record player = crappy sound quality. Records are too expensive though.

• You're ridiculous

• And you're 35.

• So, you're old and have money? Being handsome is up for debate since it's just your word and you might not actually be handsome.

• Um... 35 isn't old. Wait until you're 35 and you'll regret having ever said that. And I'm not calling myself handsome. I'm just stating what numerous women have said about me. I've been told I look like Ryan Goslings brother.
      Regardless, I don't feel the need to defend myself about a 15-yea-old who has no clue what she's talking about.

• people pay for music?

• 40 years ago every pickup truck in a school's parking lot had a rifle in the window and there were no school shootings. what changed?

• sorry posted this under wrong article

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!