Reasons Why DC Comics is Going Downhill

Hey everyone. This myTake is an attempt by me to make you aware of what DC really is. Indeed, the movies have not been up to the mark as expected. Here are some reasons why I think so.

This myTake is mostly based on Superman and the story that revolves around him. Let's begin.

1. Constant interference of female protagonist:

Reasons Why DC Comics is Going Downhill

Whenever a serious fight is going on or is about to happen, the Miss comes and spoils all the action. What do you expect in a superhero movie, the lead actress saving the ass of the most powerful being on Earth? Who else will stop all that destruction which may happen when the superhero sits back? Make a romantic movie for that separately, let us enjoy our action.

2. Underestimation of the superhero's power:

Reasons Why DC Comics is Going Downhill

DC comics have literally the most renowned and most powerful superhero of all time: Superman. The thing is, they don't know how to make use of the character. It's very common to see humans like Batman and Captain America to fight, but the strength of Superman is way too much. The Marvel comics put every bit of their superhero to good use, why can't DC? I think people would love to see the intense action of hard hitting punches of Superman.

3. Changing the original story:

It is good to change the story for a better plot, but changing it unnecessarily makes it look idiotic.

According to original comics, Superman never fought against Doomsday along with the Justice League or with any other member of it. He fought with him all alone.

When the hell was Zod converted to Doomsday? Doomsday was created on Krypton itself originally by a scientist which could survive with literally nothing. It had a crave for power and destruction was the only thing on its mind. It takes a long journey to Earth after having destroying several other planets (according to the comics).

4. Forgetting their original characters:

Oh come on, you had such tough enemies for Superman, why did you not bring them in the movies? For example, The Cyborg Superman:

The Cyborg Superman.
The Cyborg Superman.
Reasons Why DC Comics is Going Downhill

Who fights badly with Superman, in one of the Sega Genesis Video Game: The Death And Return Of Superman can be put to good use in cinematic world.

And some of the Superman's allies like:

A. The Eradicator

The Eradicator
The Eradicator
Reasons Why DC Comics is Going Downhill

B. Man of Steel

Man of Steel
Man of Steel
Reasons Why DC Comics is Going Downhill

C. The Superboy

The Superboy
The Superboy
Reasons Why DC Comics is Going Downhill

Reasons Why DC Comics is Going Downhill

Thank you for reading it.

916

Most Helpful Girls

• Honestly I feel like Marvel always sucked. Then again, I didn't care for any of their characters beyond the X-Men. Spiderman tends to be really good as well.

I do agree with the Lois Lane bit but I find her to be annoying in general, so that could be my bias showing.

The comics that I read aren't the old comics though (I can't stand the artistry) so they're the newer ones and I think it shows Superman adequately being conquered in a number of fights (there's always Metallo, Darkseid, and even Wonder Woman in the Injustice Comics when she was forced to fight him so Zeus' army wouldn't topple the Regime). I would have the opposite opinion of you because of the fact that Superman is this awesome character with awesome power... and yet he's getting beaten by.. Wonder Woman?

Eh. I prefer Batman anyway though. Love that man and his brain.

• Superman is way too underrated. His fight against The Cyborg Superman can surely make a movie become a blockbuster.

• That too. They could definitely pick and choose better films for him. I just don't think he sells as well as Batman though.

Even the Superman Returns on PS2, Xbox 360 failed completely compared to the Batman Arkham series and you're right, the writers don't seem to know what to do with him or what situation to put him in.

• The Batman should supposedly be smarter than Superman. That's all Batman's got besides money, brain power. But he sells his brains to Lex in Batman v Superman and blindly comes to fight with Superman.
      And I do hate it when Superman becomes a football of Doomsday and wonder woman does all the work.

• I noticed that about Lois lane she always gets in the way and gets herself into trouble rushing in as a "strong independent woman". It was a recurring theme in smallville. When Lana was in Smallville a reccuring theme was in most episodes that dome weirdo would fall in love with her and stalk her, drug her or kidnapp her, she'd always get knocked out just before Clark saved her. Lana probably had brain damage from all the times she got knocked out and needed serious consulleing though I suspect her councillor would fall in love and kidknapp her.

Most Helpful Guys

• Their story lines are far superior to marvel... Dark knights metal dwarfs infinity war my friend.. You sound very much like a marvel fan that's OK.. We just need decent directors for movies that is literally all... But comic book wise were ahead.. (DC)

• I love superman.

• I have read about Darkseid war but dark Knight's metal doesn't sound familiar

• It's new check it out

• I have to say that I agree. The Sega Game you mentioned, had all those supermen which should be brought to cinematic world.
    Great take man!

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 7

• Just as @Jack_L_andTurn said, their animated movies are so much better than the live action ones. I don't know why they won't make a live action movie the same way but I have to say that despite the mistakes and changes that were made in DC movies, I still enjoy them.

• They new titan sure show looking like a cheesy hybrid between Riverdale and 13 reasons why. I will only watch the 2003 series.

At least young justice season three is coming back. But it sucks that I have to pay $78.00 a MONTH just to watch one show.

• No matter the flaws DC can have it still stay my favorite.

• I prefer Marvel to DC

• interesting mytake

• This is why marvel is much better

• Nice take.

What Guys Said 14

• You've listed several nuances but I don't think that they touch on the thing that's missing at the very core - the theme.

The movies present Superman as this demigod who's burdened with keeping humanity safe. Henry Cavill's superman views humans as weak and beneath him when in reality, the comibbook Supes is just a chill guy from Kansas. He's likely to buy you a cup of cofee, sit down and have a chat with you if you're feeling down. He doesn't have a god complex.

Another problem is not caring for the source material. The directors took only the most popular Superman/Batman comics as source material for their movies when in reality there are loads of older and arguably better stories out there. The Dark Night returns, where Batman is older and less worried about his no-kill rule, is a deconstruction of his own character - it shouldn't really serve as the building block for the Snyder movie Batman. The real Batman is a hero who's perhaps gruff but he's not the anti-hero of the movies.

The tone is off too. At least for a Superman movie. Supes is basically a human with extra-ordinary powers who wants to do his best and do good with them. He isn't supposed to be a conflicted demigod. But the movies focus on the latter.

• Bro this is exactly what I been saying since I was in third grade. DC literally lacks the

- Intelligence

- Creativity

- Originality

that Marvel always had. I mean Superman is not the only DC character that is hyped up and overrated. you can also say the same about Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, The Flash and many others. all their superheroes are so hyped up and full of advantage that its hard to make a suspenseful story out of them.

I also knew that the Justice League movies where never gonna reach the same heights as The Avengers for the fact that not only do they lack creativity but they also pretty much rushed into it. looking back The Avengers might of came out in 2012, but if you watch all the other Avengers movies you will no doubt realize that Marvel had planned this franchise way before 2012.

DC in the other just rushed into head first. the minute they saw The Avengers franchise blow up they immediately decided to compete with it with absolutely no strategy or time to plan it all out

• Well, back in the 80's, Superman movies were great, but the new movies ruined the character.
    The same happened to Batman, I mean, Tim Burton's movies were the best... Joel Schumacher ruined the franchise, whilst Christopher Nolan completely modified it, that's why I agree with most of your points, especially about changing the original story, I dislike that trend.
    Excellent Take.

• Its amazing how one movie can have something so stupid as this,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDsVT7hXm54

And as badass as this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEaX_uHHFUA&t=222s

One Word: Zach Snyder. Terrible stories, great at everything else

• The DC cinematic universe sucks ass. But DC COMICS, as in comic books, are beating Marvel by a ballpark.

• 5 simple words.

Marvel - Disney.
    DC - Warner Brothers.

• Disney, you mean the guys who fucked up a legendary saga?

• Depends on how you see it. Marvel movies are all following the exact same plot. You've seen the avengers, you've seen it all.

• @Guanfei True. They do find something that kind of works one time, then keep repeating. But, the one in charge of Marvel didn't take billion dollar franchise and flush it to the point that fans revolted.

• The movies really lack that funny, yet epic aura that marvel movies have. They are somewhat dark and depression themed. Thats what i dont like about dc. Its like im watching a superhero drama series.

• DC seams to love having overpowered characters that are used a lot but the same can be said of Marvel. I would like both franchises to use their characters that they don't use much.

• If it is any consolation, Marvel is ruining its franchise even worse, and poor Stan Lee is too old to do anything about it now.

• Superman is a bitch. The real loved characters in DC are Batman and Flash.
    Tbh honest, the Justice League is nothing more than Batman and his bitches.
    Most of the complaints I've heard about DC movies were about the same small part of the movies.
    Take BvsS for example. Everyone is bashing the movie because of the Martha plot. The rest of the movie, no one talks about it. Not even the awesome fight scene in the warehouse.
    Justice league isn't bad. Far from it.
    And Marvel movies are far from perfect too. Most of them have exactly the same plot

• Show more from Guys
    4