Guitar VS ALS :Jason Becker, Not Dead Yet

AbdKilani

Hello

مرحبا

Today, my take is going to be about a star, a guy that shined so bright and fought so hard, one of the best , it is time for me to write about the great:

Jason Becker

Jason Becker
Jason Becker

Biography :

"Jason Eli Becker (born July 22, 1969) is an American heavy metal guitarist and composer. At the age of 16, he became part of the Shrapnel Records-produced duo Cacophony with his friend Marty Friedman. They released the albums Speed Metal Symphony in 1987 and Go Off! in 1988. Cacophony broke up in 1989 and Becker began doing solo work, having released his first album Perpetual Burn in 1988, also through Shrapnel. He later joined David Lee Roth's band and recorded one album with him, A Little Ain't Enough." ,

"Becker's performing career was cut short by amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). In 1996, Becker lost the ability to speak, and he now communicates with his eyes via a system developed by his father. Despite his disability, he continues composing by using a computer and has since released with Shrapnel Collection, a "best of" album of his favorite songs and three new songs." ,Wikipedia .

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Becker

I am not here to quote or just give you information about his life, no I just want to take my time to show you , how great guy he is.

The beginning :

A guitarist with real talent , he was one of the most interesting musicians with a promising career to rise above and change the world , at such a young age , he had so much to offer and made a difference that would have got him to the top.

Sensational :

What is so special about him, is that he writes the most amazing notes that goes through to your heart and soul , here is the proof:

Talented :

Not just a guitarist , but a great yo yo player see for yourself :

Plays something different :

I don't think you have seen this played before

#ALS :

Sadly, at the age of 19 Jason have been diagnosed with ALS disease, Jason could no longer walk, or play guitar , still he composed and played on the Keyboard , after a while, he stopped being able to move his body , and he could only talk and move his head, eventually leading him to not being able to talk, move his head.

His father developed a system to communicate by eyes movement, Jason with his eyes only composed a new CD and recorded it with some of most famous guitarists .

Ice Bucket challenge :

He did it , and it was funny

There you have it, one of the greatest people , he is underrated and in my opinion could have been the best guitarist to walk the earth ever, I guess he was meant to have ALS , not to eliminate the whole debate about the greatest guitar player ever.

Peace be Upon you all <3

6
7
6Girl Opinion
7Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guy

• emmanuel_macaroni
    Amazing. I first discovered Jason Becker through listening to Megadeth and looking to see what else Marty Friedman had worked on. Because of how short his prime was he rarely gets mentioned with the likes of Yngwie, Steve Vai etc, but he was such an incredible talent, I honestly think he could have been the best of the best had his health not deteriorated so badly.
    Is this still revelant?
    • AbdKilani

Sad it is indeed
      But he left a great legacy in a short period that will always live on

Most Helpful Girl

• OldSchool_Metalhead
    This is a great take. Jason Becker is an awesome example of musical talent and is proof of not letting obstacles stop you from living your dreams \m/
    Is this still revelant?
    • AbdKilani

Yes it is 😁😁
      I guess one for Randy Rohads is a must

• totally XD I also suggest Yngwie Malmsteen as well.

• AbdKilani

Oh, malmsteen 😁😁
      I think I would need to cover something for him too

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

56
  • ATuairiscean
    Good take - I actually thought I knew most of the guitarists from that era but he is a new one on me - He is very good - I kinda miss that era in metal when the lead guitarist was the main person in the band
    • AbdKilani

Me too
      That guy had a bright future, it is sad he didn't get to to be on top of the guitar world for longer that two years

• Silver158
    Becker was insane. Perpetual Burn. Need I say more?

Also I can kinda relate since I'm a guitarist with MS (not as aggressive as ALS but still)
    • AbdKilani

He is awesome
      Mind if I ask, what's MS?

• Silver158

Multiple Sclerosis, it's an auto immune disorder that can cause mobility issues as well as a number of other random symptoms

• AbdKilani

Oh 🙁🙁 I hope you are okay man

• JackJPershing
    A great guy and a gifted musician. So sucky that it happened to him, but he remains an inspiration.
  • QueenofCups
    What do you think of Randy Rhoads?
    • AbdKilani

One of the most amazing humans to hold guitar <3
      RIP
      I should write a take about him too

• Lance1965

Rhodes was a genius.

• Branwenn
    Awesome!
  • Aguysopinion4799
    He looks sexy as fuck! <3
    I'd smash him ;)
  • Grayce
    I never knew him, but nice take.
  • VixenRach
    Nice take 😊
  • Secretgardenblood
    Good take
  • Parkwayvwhitechapel
    If King Louis of france was a crossdresser tranny
  • Lance1965
    Great guitar player.