Fridays Nights aren't the same anymore

legalboxers

Ah yesteryear. How we forget what was on the television.. When we had channels to watch...

We get this crap, a billion of channels.. and nothing you wanna watch...

But then.. It was Friday Night.....

Then.. You had this!!
Then.. You had this!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TGIF_(ABC)

The best was the following:

- Boy Meets World

- Going Places

- Perfect Strangers

- Dinosaurs

- Step by Step

- Family Matters

Dont think we will ever go back to those days..

Fridays Nights aren't the same anymore
6
12
6Girl Opinion
12Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guys

• GoodGuyBreakingBad
    Yes i agree Friday Nights aren't the same anymore
    we use to see Family programs and it was more interesting
    now we have all these mayhem programming like 20/20
    that brings stuff back that makes no dam sense to bring
    back history let the history behind us. I was brought up in
    the 70's so that is the programming we saw back than.
    thanks for sharing this with us :)
    Is this still revelant?
  • ChiPaPa
    Good shows. The annoying part of TV is always the commercials for me. TV subscriptions already costed an arm and a leg, just to have commercials make it not enjoyable to me. Now, I can not only watch what I want but I don't have those darn commercials.
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girls

• Kayla45
    I agree.
    Is this still revelant?
  • JulieRoze7
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

410
  • DamnSam
    That's why I have multiple harddrives with arround 3.2 TB of movies, starting at 1986 up to today (most better ones are older)
    • I found going places on youtube the other day. I miss childhood.. and sadly.. dominos pizza...

• DamnSam

Most good stuff you dont find anymore anywhere... if on youtube you need to buy it or you got wrong speed (bad voice sound)

I collect it since I noticed most good stuff gets lost bc they try any time to make money of it (while most who made it are dead)

• DeeDeeDeVour
    Friday nights? Not much has changed for us through the years.
  • Guanfei
    When I was young, it was Saturday and Sunday nights.

Saturday, we had the horror night. With X-Files, The Outer Limits, and Charmed.
    Then, on Sunday, we had 2h of Looney Toons, and then 2 episodes of Tintin.

I remember that well because on Sunday, instead of having dinner with my family, I used to get a bowl of chocolate milk and cereals, and watched it.
  • Lance1965
    I quit TV a few years ago. It just came to the point where I felt like there was literally nothing worth watching. From what I can tell it is even worse now.
  • Friday Nights are the same for me

It’s bar night
  • madhatters4
    i wonder if teh only things that has really changed is that you grew up... the Friday night lineup was an institution in my house. i still have fond memories of takeout pizza and the TGIF lineup but i know by my teen years i was going out with friends or watching movies

i honestly don't know what's on tv but i imagine there is some incarnation of a Friday night lineup for pre-teens probably on the cable channels like nick, or noog, or whatever there are. i remember my niece watching some sort of pre-teen version of nick that had a bunch of shows on Friday night
  • mike5150
    Tv itself seems to have fallen into a trap where a lot of the same ideas keep being used just with different show titles and actors.
  • pizzalovershouse
    most tv stations havnt caught that time back when goid comedies were on 1 after another till ten pm it cause family time has changed due to more internet use
  • kazzcrow
    Well considering shows I get invested in are usually cancelled that's probably why
  • eddieschwarz
    What is not changed since 80's and 90's? 👎
    I really miss those days 😏
  • jessture
    Every once in awhile i watch a tgif lineup on hulu, family matters, full house, step by step
  • GayHowellMeme
    I agree
  • Secretgardenblood
    Good mytake...
  • bhavy24
    Agree wid u