Fridays Nights aren't the same anymore

Ah yesteryear. How we forget what was on the television.. When we had channels to watch...

We get this crap, a billion of channels.. and nothing you wanna watch...

But then.. It was Friday Night.....

Then.. You had this!!
Then.. You had this!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TGIF_(ABC)

The best was the following:

- Boy Meets World

- Going Places

- Perfect Strangers

- Dinosaurs

- Step by Step

- Family Matters

Dont think we will ever go back to those days..

612
legalboxers is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guys

• Yes i agree Friday Nights aren't the same anymore
    we use to see Family programs and it was more interesting
    now we have all these mayhem programming like 20/20
    that brings stuff back that makes no dam sense to bring
    back history let the history behind us. I was brought up in
    the 70's so that is the programming we saw back than.
    thanks for sharing this with us :)

• Good shows. The annoying part of TV is always the commercials for me. TV subscriptions already costed an arm and a leg, just to have commercials make it not enjoyable to me. Now, I can not only watch what I want but I don't have those darn commercials.

Most Helpful Girls

Join the discussion

410
  • That's why I have multiple harddrives with arround 3.2 TB of movies, starting at 1986 up to today (most better ones are older)

• I found going places on youtube the other day. I miss childhood.. and sadly.. dominos pizza...

• Most good stuff you dont find anymore anywhere... if on youtube you need to buy it or you got wrong speed (bad voice sound)

I collect it since I noticed most good stuff gets lost bc they try any time to make money of it (while most who made it are dead)

• When I was young, it was Saturday and Sunday nights.

Saturday, we had the horror night. With X-Files, The Outer Limits, and Charmed.
    Then, on Sunday, we had 2h of Looney Toons, and then 2 episodes of Tintin.

I remember that well because on Sunday, instead of having dinner with my family, I used to get a bowl of chocolate milk and cereals, and watched it.

• Friday nights? Not much has changed for us through the years.

• I quit TV a few years ago. It just came to the point where I felt like there was literally nothing worth watching. From what I can tell it is even worse now.

• Friday Nights are the same for me

It’s bar night

• i wonder if teh only things that has really changed is that you grew up... the Friday night lineup was an institution in my house. i still have fond memories of takeout pizza and the TGIF lineup but i know by my teen years i was going out with friends or watching movies

i honestly don't know what's on tv but i imagine there is some incarnation of a Friday night lineup for pre-teens probably on the cable channels like nick, or noog, or whatever there are. i remember my niece watching some sort of pre-teen version of nick that had a bunch of shows on Friday night

• Tv itself seems to have fallen into a trap where a lot of the same ideas keep being used just with different show titles and actors.

• most tv stations havnt caught that time back when goid comedies were on 1 after another till ten pm it cause family time has changed due to more internet use

• What is not changed since 80's and 90's? 👎
    I really miss those days 😏

• Every once in awhile i watch a tgif lineup on hulu, family matters, full house, step by step

• Well considering shows I get invested in are usually cancelled that's probably why

• I agree

• Good mytake...

• Agree wid u