February 23, 1983 and why it was important...

legalboxers

Attention.. Attention..All Personnel....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodbye,_Farewell_and_Amen- Goodbye, Farewell and Amen

February 23, 1983 was important to some of us who grew up in this time period.The most amazing show on television ended. M*A*S*H. This show, was a staple on CBS back in the day depicting a group of Army doctors during the Korean War. For 11 seasons these people were on your television screen..

Why is this important.

by the #s (as per wikipedia) In the United States, the episode drew 105.97 million total viewers[4] and a total audience of 121.6 million

And still today it is on reruns...

and I dont think Im the only one who gets choked up (as I am as I type this) when they see this...

4
6
4Girl Opinion
6Guy Opinion

Most Helpful Guys

• hindril
    I did get choked up seeing that pic. The movie was great too, then they continued with the tv series.
    Is this still revelant?
  • GoodGuyBreakingBad
    Thank you for sharing your MyTake with us :)
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girls

• DeeDeeDeVour
    I remember my parents & grandparents watched Mash regularly.
    Is this still revelant?
    • @legalboxers: Thanks for the other MHGirl. :)

• Very good mytake
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

24
  • WalmartFlipFlop
    I haven’t seen much of the show but from what I saw I loved. Out of the 20 saw and 2 I remember this one really got me. The one where they get letters from kids one day from a elementary school and there was one kid who said he hated them for sending his dad or older brother out again after he was shot, and the guy dies. That was probably a bad retelling but it really got to me.
  • Matt57
    I just grew up with the Reruns on TV Land, but watched the whole series on Netflix. I truly miss it, and I wish that the *R*A*D*A*R* pilot took off and the After *M*A*S*H* series lasted longer.
  • Lance1965
    I liked that show in the early days but as time went on it became too much like a serious drama for my tastes.
  • pizzalovershouse
    ok has any 1 show ever gotten that many viewers for and ending of the series
  • Secretgardenblood
    Good take
  • GayHowellMeme
    Interesting myTake