You can't kill Hip Hop

Rap music is taking a lot of shit because there's a lot of rappers now that try to only sell a image and their music is not the priority. And rightfully so.

Some people might be shoveling dirt on hip hop trying to bury it, but Hip Hop can't be killed. Even if NaS made songs about that. You just have to dig a little deeper to find something good.

You can't kill Hip Hop

So here's some rappers that I like and don't belong to the older generation:

J.Cole

It's obvious that he's gonna be on this list cause he's an amazing artist. He produces his own music and is an great rapper on top of that. He talks about important shit in his songs in a direct way but is not too judgmental or preachy. I've seen him live too that was nice.

Mac Miller (R.I.P.)

Another talenter rapper/producer, I love the beat on this first song.

Hopsin

I love how he puts so much of his life into his songs and he's just a skilled rapper there's no doubt about that. His favorite rapper is Eminem so you know he has taste.

Dax

I found this guy because he collabed with Hopsin and he's pretty good. This first song is pretty intense but also very good cause he's open about his situation and how he feels. The second song is something more uplifting for a change :)

YBN Cordae

I just heard this song yesterday cause somebody played it at my house but I really like it and it gave me the push to write this take. :)

This song I like it because of the DJ Premier beat and not their rapping but I'll throw it in here as a bonus song.

If you're a hip hop fan looking for something good to listen to I hope you found something you like here.

Have a nice day

#HipHopNotDead #HipHop #GoodMusic #Music #FuckHashtags

You can't kill Hip Hop
3
14

Join the discussion

Most Helpful Guy

• PLAIN_SPOKEN

HIPHOP IS DEAD!! IM SAVING HIPHOP w/ a 100% FREE 31xSONG DIGITAL MIXTAPE DOWNLOAD ALL MADE UNDER MY FEET!! go to
    (gabinogrhymesmusic. bandcamp. com)
    PEEP these songs 1st:# 25,18,21,26,19, 16,3,6,10,16,15,24,22
    REAL HIP-HOP YOUVE NEVER HEARD BEFORE!!
    (no really) & DOPER THAN ANYTHING ON THE RADIO OR MTV!! BETTER THAN GAY-Z, FEMINEMBERLAKE, little WAYNE, CASHMONEY, SNOOP, ICE CUBE & ALL MADE IN THE LAST PLACE YOU'D THINK... MAGNA/
    SALT LAKE CITY, UT

CALL MY BLUFF YOZ!! IM SAVING HIPHOP & GIVING AWAY 31 FREE SONGS TO EVERYBODY ON THIS EARTH. I mean even if they were.50cents per song that's $15.00!!

IM A REAL BBOY WHOS SICK OF THE GAY ASS SONGS THEY CALL "HIPHOP"

ENJOY & SHARE

Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

• AuroraRoseat

Here's a fact that some people don't know: rap is considered poetry. It hits every element of poetry. I enjoy the negative reactions to that fact.

That said though, I agree. I feel that most hip hop artists sold their souls out for money and make music that casts an unfavorable light on African-American community (though everyone should be judged individually). Hip hop is also renowned for its insightful story-telling about the struggles that many of them went through and why.

Is this still revelant?

213
  • GuidoThePizzaMaker

Hoping Hip-Hop dies on its own.
    Nothing has ever been so devoid of artistic talent or understanding of music.
    Its no coincidence that Hip-hop only came about after the Modern-Era.

Also never has any type of music promoted such depravity and immorality under the guise of "artistic expression"

• HereIbe

You're 25 years too late. Hip-hop is now just another commercial genre, just another way to wring money out of the peasants who are too stupid to look after themselves.

• Dude if you're this negative about music then you must have some serious issues. Music is a business for sure but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy it. Listen to what you like and just ignore the rest. I've been listening to hip hop for 15 years already I didn't start yesterday.

• HereIbe

I get it, you think you know the universe and everything you think is "important" is SOOO FUCKING VITAL TO ALL OF EXISTENCE. Nope.

• Then why comment your cynical bullshit on my mytake? Just move on with your miserable life.

• RolandCuthbert

Yep. And you can't kill classical music, rock, alternative, r&b, jazz, folk, country, etc., etc.

You can't kill any of these types of music. It is hilarious to see people post about a type of music they dislike.

Just like their feeble opinion matters.

• MyBunnie

Hahaha. Intetesting! Im not into those music since Kpop is my top priority, but some songs i like because of the melody and depends on the mood. ๐Ÿ˜Œ

• MajesticTwelve

I agree you can't kill it, but you don't really need to, it'll just die on its own. Like modern country music. Still here, but not really.

• QuestionsOSex

You can't kill hip hop but you can kill rabbits that are hopping ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Wait a second... I just look at the name of the girl who responded ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Evil_Chuck

Maybe we can't kill hip hop, but if it relied on my money, it would starve.

• zagor

Yeah and you can't kill Cambodian Hill Folk Music either. But who wants to hear either one...

• Massageman

"You just have to dig a little deeper to find something good."

I'd probably hit oil first.

• Bman4907

music is a gift and the first thing you do with a gift is throw away the wrapper.

• OfDeath

I've never heard Asian rap music. I wonder what that would sound like.

• I made a mytake about Korean hip hop you can check it out if you're curious. Hip Hop hasn't been big very long over there but I think there's a lot of potential.

• I hate rap music. Pure trash.

• Rip E-Double. F.

• andreasderjuengere

Can't kill: agreed.
    Same goes to cockroaches.