My 7 favorite series of the moment: What series have you been watching lately and what do you like about them? Do you recommend others to watch them?

For the past 3 years I've been watching the following series

1) Van Helsing: a group of vampire-hunting women fighting vampires in an apocalyptic world (Netflix)

These women just look like such badasses

I really like that the heroes/main protagonists of the show are women, and they're courageous women.I like the thrill of knowing how and when will the van helsings manage to save the world from vampires. It's much better than the walking dead in my opinion, because in the walking dead I didn't feel much hope in the world getting fixed.

The vampires are scary because not only are they physically strong, but unlike zombies, theyre also smart
The vampires are scary because not only are they physically strong, but unlike zombies, they're also smart
Vanessa Van Helsing
Vanessa Van Helsing

2) Diriliş: Ertuğrul: A historical fiction about the father of the founder of the Ottoman Empire (Netflix)

The clothes and jewelry displayed in the show are really nice

I like the aesthetics of the shows, the medieval clothes and jewelry, but also the war strategies displayed and the moral lessons in it. I have only watched the season 5 thinking that there was no previous seasons because Netflix in France didn't put the first seasons. But even without the backstory , I enjoyed it.
Moreover, although there is traditional gender roles, a lot of women are good fighters in the show participate in sword fighting scenes.

3) The Bridesmaid tale:

The bridesmaid are forced to wear a red cloak and white hat

A dystopian future where infertility plagues the world, so fertile women get kidnapped and forced to bear the children of wealthy families. (Not on Netflix).

It's interesting because it shows how the world would be if fanatics and ultra-conservatives took control and how sexist and tyrannical such a society can be be and a true nightmare.
I do think however that it exaggerates conservative positions, it is extremely rare to meet someone who would endorse such a society. But hey, it's a fiction anyways.

And it's thrilling nonetheless; wanting to know whether the main protagonist will ever be able to run away and wondering if the wealthy women of the society will get their hearts softened is exciting.

4) The chilling adventures of Sabrina (NETFLIX):

Well, most people know the original show, but this one has a little switch , it's about a young witch who is stuck between the mortal world and the dark side. I just like the fact that it's not really scary like other horror movies but it's still kinda spooky.

5) Stranger things: Kids fighting monsters from another dimension (Netflix).

I like it because it's funny and has mystery. Moreover, each season has an end of its own, so it doesn't leave you hanging and waiting for the next season to close the chapter.

6) Casa De Papel: A Spanish show about a group of people who do heists (Netflix).

The strategies employed to fool the Spanish police and secret services are very cool and interesting. Every protagonist has a complex and interesting personality.
El Professor is a genius.
At first , after I found out that the whole show pretty much takes place in the same place, I thought I'd get bored. But I was wrong. The first 2 seasons all took place in the same heist and same place but it was far from boring.

7) Umbrella academy (Netflix).

Klauss is pretty much the main reason I like the show.

Well, it's my least favorite on the list, but it's still not bad to watch. Just some regular superhero show. The protagonists have interesting powers!

Now it's your turn, which series have you been watching these past few years, and do you recommend others to watch it?

15
5

Most Helpful Girls

• Hurlyburly
    Umm let's see...
    Dark - a really amazing Netflix Mystery/Thriller made in Germany. My absolute series highlight of the last 5 years or so.
    Russian Doll - a rather short, a bit similar to groundhog day but with a dark twist
    YOU - a pretty dark "romance" between a young student and her stalker
    Haunting of Hill House - really really well made
    paranormal horror
    Black mirror - really really dark and fascinating dystopic futures where different kinds of technology change the way humans life. Each episode is a different story.
    Is this still revelant?
  • yourfavperson
    Such good taste! I love no. 6!! Omg i binge watched that shit so fast. I can't wait for the next season
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Guys

• zagor
    Van Helsing? Why didn't the idiots come up with an original name instead of stealing one from "Dracula"?
    Is this still revelant?
    • Because they're playing the role of the descendants of Abraham Van Helsing and they have to fight Dracula

• zagor

OK; well I'll have to check it out when I have some free time.

• ThisDudeHere
    The Mandalorian is the only non-anime series that I'm watching at the moment.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Second person who mentions it, will probably have to check it out!

• It's very simple but that's what makes it good. That and the pacing is damn near perfect.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

313
  • Liston
    Only one... The End of the Fxxxxx world... is just fabulous. A real treat. Must watch the first 3 episodes then the next series. unmissable quality tv.
  • PeteyB
    I'm loving the Mandalorian but I've been waiting for it for like a decade lol
  • bambin0
    Ertugrul is amazing as well as la casa de papel.. or money heist
  • Savage_Wisdom
    Doctor Who, Supernatural, Sherlock, Firefly, The Librarians, Leverage, Psych.
  • Éire1995
    I haven't seen the first 4, but the rest are great. Lately I've watched sense8, American horror story and the umbrella academy.
  • MDMAxLOVE
    U should try out animes more often theyre way better
  • kill_joy69
    I watch quite a few and I watch shows of any genre (except horror) but at the moment I'm watching crime shows like white collar and Lucifer
  • Uh i just watch a lot of anime so i dont know of any netflix series 😆
  • anube
    Well the xxx vampiress gives a whole new meaning to you suck
  • Omar5881
    Oiii agree on all of em, I'm currently watching Rick and Morty and I'm more than obsessed
  • Kayla45
    I haven't watched any of these
  • Spiral and Holby city
    Both brilliant
  • Are you Turkish
    Cuz I saw dirilis ertugrul
    • I'm not Turkish, I'm Tunisian, but I like watching Turkish shows!

• Oh but dirilis ertugrul is racist TV series

• Why is it racist? I only watched the 5th season

• Twenty2
    Lucifer!
  • Razal
    Interesting
  • Anonymous
    re-visiting my childhood and watching Boy Meets World atm.