Have you ever thought at one point that the Looney Tunes character, Speedy Gonzales, was a racist portrayal of Mexicans or no?

As someone of Mexican descent, I was never offended by Speedy Gonzales portrayal. In fact, the majority of us Mexicans or Mexican-Americans loved him and like the fact that our culture is still being acknowledged through him, even if it's a little goofy portrayal. It's a shame how some oversensitive people have prevented Speedy Gonzales to be shown on Cartoon Network at one point until a bunch of people had to protest to bring him back.

• Yes
  • No
  • Others
    Vote C

110

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• People perceive ideas to fit their conception of an utopia society. Look at the problem people had over Jar Jar Binx. I hope the next Stars Wars Movie, the Last Jedi, doesn't have a character that offends someone.

• I heard the Last Jedi was a huge disappointment and a disservice to the dearly departed Carrie Fisher as one of her final film appearances.

• Yes, Disney controls Star Wars and amidst the autopsy of Carrie Fischer showed levels of high levels of narcotics. Disney probably instructed the director to use CGI graphics. Did she die in mid-production of Star Wars? I know Paul Walker, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, and James Gandolfinni were several actors that died in mid-production of a movie.

• I'm not too sure if she died in the mid-production. She most likely has since it's been last December when she passed away.