Have you ever thought at one point that the Looney Tunes character, Speedy Gonzales, was a racist portrayal of Mexicans or no?

As someone of Mexican descent, I was never offended by Speedy Gonzales portrayal. In fact, the majority of us Mexicans or Mexican-Americans loved him and like the fact that our culture is still being acknowledged through him, even if it's a little goofy portrayal. It's a shame how some oversensitive people have prevented Speedy Gonzales to be shown on Cartoon Network at one point until a bunch of people had to protest to bring him back.

Have you ever thought at one point that the Looney Tunes character, Speedy Gonzales, was a racist portrayal of Mexicans or no?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Others
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• People perceive ideas to fit their conception of an utopia society. Look at the problem people had over Jar Jar Binx. I hope the next Stars Wars Movie, the Last Jedi, doesn't have a character that offends someone.

0|0
    0|0
    • I heard the Last Jedi was a huge disappointment and a disservice to the dearly departed Carrie Fisher as one of her final film appearances.

• Yes, Disney controls Star Wars and amidst the autopsy of Carrie Fischer showed levels of high levels of narcotics. Disney probably instructed the director to use CGI graphics. Did she die in mid-production of Star Wars? I know Paul Walker, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, and James Gandolfinni were several actors that died in mid-production of a movie.

• I'm not too sure if she died in the mid-production. She most likely has since it's been last December when she passed away.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 9

• Because it's so offensive to portray a Mexican mouse that is super fast and is always saving other mice by outsmarting his foes while demonstrating bravery and heroism... 😒

0|2
    0|0
  • Quite on the contrary... Speedy Gonzales and Jerry was drawn to help motivate the minorities, so Mexicans should be really honored he exists.

0|1
    0|0
  • You have to think of it as a spoof remember it's children's comedy. With stereotypes they can easily identify differences and characters.

Pepe Le Pew also comes to mind.

0|0
    0|0
  • I watched and watch Looney Tunes. Speedy to me was never a racist cartoon to me. No. I am Puerto Rican.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have never thought that, because I’m not some hyper sensitive twat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Racism is in the minds of the corrupt.

0|1
    0|0
  • No and I really don’t care

0|0
    0|0
  • I never really cared much to think about it lol

0|0
    0|0
  • That was completely racist

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes