Fairly Oddparents & Danny Phantom Creator Butch Hartman liked about his kick starter campaign to start a family friendly streaming service?

This Video tells the story of the controversy about Butch Hartman and his campaign to launch a streaming service. Which never mentions until funds are raised that it's religious. He is also blocking all criticism from you tubers ans bloggers as well as making offensive comments about mental illness as well as blocking comments from the LGBTQ community. Do you think this is a dick move on his part?
I really think that he should have been upfront definitely and not desperate for donations. I also think he should not block those who try to criticize him. It just goes to show he's a snowflake himself

67

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll just put this into perspective and my take on it:

Lets say a TV show comes out that needs money to debute, and I donate to them to help them get their show started. After donating, I learn that it's a show that teaches children to hate LGBT+ people. Being gay myself, I would be pretty pissed off that I donated 15 dollars for them to spread a message I don't agree with. If I didn't donate amd was told what their intentions were ahead of time, I wouldn't even care if it was anti gay. But, since they hid that detail from me and I donated to a show that I don't agree with, I'm gonna be pretty pissed off.

In my opinion, he should have been upfront about it. He should have expected the criticism, and now he's making the show that a lot of the donaters don't agree with. In my opinion, "family friendly" shows shouldn't really be religious or shove religion down your face.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Where did he say he will teach kids to hate gay people?

• Well you were talking in present tense and it didn't sound like a hypothetical. It's not
      My fault it's the way you word it. Go eat a hotdog!

• I'm sorry I was wrong. Peace

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think it's a dick move. He wants to make a family friendly streaming service that any and every family can comfortably support and be okay with their kids watching. He is under no obligation to make his platform support shows promoting what people think he ought to support. He's allowed to create it how he likes. I suspect he doesn't think it's worth replying to a lot of commenters who simply post angry comments or that try and tell him what all he "should have" on his streaming service. Just like anyone on here has the right to block whoever they want no questions asked for whatever reason... there's really no reason he shouldn't have that right as an individual as well. It's not that he isn't willing to listen to other opinions, it's that he's already established what he wants and he's not going to change it whether or not anyone tells him to... so yeah he has every right to do that.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE